“Horrible staff”

Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory
Ranked #5 of 60 things to do in Fort Wayne
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Yes, it is beautiful, however, TERRIBLE staff!! We are in the midst of planning our wedding reception here (already put down a non refundable deposit or I would be gone!) after we signed the contract and paid the deposit we were told of several very large hidden fees! I tried several times but no one would explain them or even answer my emails. My fiancé called and was given lots of conflicting stories about why I was never answered. I went in and was told that it's in the contract so we can't do anything. It's on a page of the contract we were never given before we signed. When i finally was given a copy of the contract to keep after asking 3 or 4 times it had 3 pages after my signature that I was not shown before signing. DO NOT do business with this venue!!! Terrible business practices and customer service!

7  Thank Lkrns
All reviews
"butterfly exhibit"
in 15 reviews
"plants and flowers"
in 6 reviews
"gift shop"
in 14 reviews
"nice place to spend an hour"
in 4 reviews
"special events"
"all ages"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We took our young grandson the week before Christmas to see Santa and his Reindeer (2 real reindeer). The entire place was beautifully decorated.

I've been to several events there and it is always first class - what a gem!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I usually visit the Conservatory a couple of times a winter, we have very long winters in Indiana. The visits remind me of the warm summer. They have wonderful events at the Conservatory including Santa at Christmas . It is next door to the Embassy, so if you go during the festival of trees, you can do both in an afternoon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

As the seasons change this facility changes to match the season. In Christmas they have a great display with lights, trees, Santa Claus and even live reindeer. It is a very nice place to take the kids and the price of admission is usually reasonable for what is available tht day. Parking is a problem but once you get there you can have a very nice time.