“Central location and optimal service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center

Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Joseph, MI
“Central location and optimal service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Short stay and no regrets. Service was present and dedicated to the clients. Clean room and hotel located downtown. Have pool, restaurant and direct access to adjacent parking. We were there for the color run when we came back dirty and full of colors : ) Staff assisted us with extra towels and toiletries. Will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We are ranked #17 out of 847 Courtyard by Marriott hotels currently so we take your experience very seriously. Thank you for rating the hotel in such a favorable light and I'm thrilled that we were able to take such great care of you after the color run. Until next run.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
indianapolis, indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Thought I would write this review to offset one for Goodletsville Courtyard. Rooms are clean, modern, fairly new. No problems and convenient to the Grand Wayne. Everything was in order although you do pay to park unless you can find street parking. They will give you a card to access the lot and charge your room for parking. If your going to park on the street or have no car tell them when you check in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your 5 star review! We hope you will be visiting us again very soon.
Fairlawn, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard in Fort Wayne three nights the past weekend. It is a fairly new hotel, built around 2010, and is right downtown, close to lots of things like the Allen County Public Library (good for genealogists), the Grand Wayne convention center, and a number of museums. The room was clean and the staff was all nice.

There were some problems, though, which I think come more from it being a Courtyard rather than any specific problems with this hotel:

- There are extra electric outlets on the lamps, but the contacts inside aren't tight enough to hold a plug firmly in place. This meant that the first morning I awoke to find that my phone was nearly out of electricity, and I needed it to take photos that day at the library. I had to plug my charger into the outlet in the bathroom the other nights, where there is a standard outlet that grabs the plugs.

- Wifi is free but horribly slow. If you want fast Wifi you have to pay about $8 a night, a rip-off price (think $240 a month).

- You can't put a Do Not Disturb sign on your door and have them come back later to clean up your room. The sign actually says "I'm good to go. Do not Disturb". I checked and that really means that you don't want your room cleaned that day. Since this was a weekend trip and I wanted to sleep in, I would have preferred being able to use the sign to delay room cleaning. Instead I got awakened by the knock one morning and had to tell the maid that I wasn't ready on another.

Room Tip: One side faces the baseball stadium. This might be noisy during the game, or you can look at it as...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We sure appreciate your time to review the hotel. I would love to have the opportunity to correct the plug-in issue you experienced. This is te first time I have heard of this so if you get a moment, I would be grateful if you could contact me directly so I can investigate that particular room. I look forward to hearing from you and to be of service again very soon.
Bloomfield, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over the 4th and was very pleased that we did. The staff were all so very nice and helpful in helping me on things to do around town. The hotel it's self was very nice and I felt save letting my kids explore as well inside (they are both 15). Yes the pool was a little small but the boys still had plenty of fun. The fitness room was one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel. We attended a ballgame and it was so nice to he able to walk straight to the field. Will for sure stay here again. Also they gave a great gov/military rate.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're so grateful for the wonderful review and we're thrilled you and your family had such a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Marriott downtown Fort Wayne. It was clean, comfortable and close to everything downtown. The staff was pretty good. The only downside was the pool. There was one, but really it is nothing but an oversized bathtube. So, if you are looking for a family stay. I would recommend somewhere else. If you are there for business or your spouse, sure. Stay here. I would again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I always love to hear them. We do have a smaller pool than we’d like but in the future, we do make available the option to visit a beautiful pool at the local YMCA about two blocks from the hotel and would be thrilled to provide that to you on a future visit. We look forward to serving you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Good location downtown right next the ballpark. The room was very clean as well as the rest of the hotel. Very good use of the space in the room itself. Large bathroom with a nice big standup glass shower. Hotel also has a sports bar/ restaurant and a bistro inside. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We sure appreciate the time you’ve taken to give our hotel such a positive review. We recognize social media’s evolving role and are always excited to hear how our guests feel about their stay and our facility. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
Markle, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Booked a room for my daughters 21st birthday. The staff was very helpful with the few call I had made before our check in. Requested a room looking over the Park view Field as there was a game that night along with fireworks. Also asked for a early check in as we wanted to do some decorating for our surprise. All my requested were accommodated and we had a great time!

The lobby was nice. Easy seating area. Nice use of color through out the hotel. The cat walk to the Embassy and Grand Wayne Center were easy to access off the 3rd floor and were nice just to sit and watch all the movement downtown.

Our room was great! Nice and clean. Great view of the baseball field and the fireworks were awesome. We loved the great shower. We had a room with two queen beds that were very comfortable. Really like that we were in walking distance to the Landing where the kids could go and do some 21st birthday celebrating.

Room Tip: Lower room numbers have a better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Deanna D
We are so excited to hear of how our front desk staff was able to accommodate all of your requests in such an efficient manner. Thank you for choosing to stay with us over your daughters 21st birthday and for taking the time to review the hotel. We hope to see you again very soon.