Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
“Bistro Bartender Shelbee”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had dinner at the Bistro bar. The bartender was a young woman named Shelbee. She was courteous, friendly and easy to talk to. The salmon was delicious, and I thoroughly enjoyed talking to Shelbee. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Shelbee is truly an amzing young lady and we are very fortunate to have her and so many others who genuinely care about the guest experience. Thank you for taking the time to let the community know. See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Milford
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this hotel earlier this month in order to attend a convention at the Grand Wayne Center downtown. This hotel is in a perfect location...directly across the street. There is a skyway that connects from the hotel to the convention center which is accessible on the 3rd floor. I found it much faster and more convenient to go down to ground level and run across the street...even in winter.

The rooms are clean and fresh..just what you'd expect from a Courtyard. I loved the fact that there are flat carts available for guests to use to take belongings up to the room. There was a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There was not enough coffee left in our room as each package brews only 1 cup. We were also only given one cup for the 2 of us but a note to our housekeeper rectified that on the 2nd day.

The staff at the front desk and in the restaurant were all very nice. The food was good in the restaurant, too. I would definitely return if I find myself in Ft. Wayne.

p.s. There are 3 fast food restaurants 1 block away (Rally's, Taco Bell and a gyro place that is a little more costly than the other 2.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 1finesoup
We are so excited that you had such a pleasureable experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us and the Trip Advisor community! We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Findlay, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

In downtown Ft Wayne. Close to food and drinks, though the city center pretty much closes up at 7 pm. The rooms are nice and Champions is ok for a quick bite or drink. A little expensive considering the location.

Room Tip: A room overlooking park view field is pretty cool in the summer.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. Always appreciate feedback and we look forward to sertving you again soon. We do have the Historic Embassy Theatre, Tin Caps Baseball and Grand Wayne Convention Center directly connected to the hotel and hopefully you'll return on a date where these events are taking place.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2013

As someone who travels 75% of the time, across the US and almost exclusively stays in Marriotts, I say with confidence that the staff at this Courtyard is the most courteous, helpful, enthusiastic, and accommodating front desk staff I've encountered. Many of them knew me by name and were great at accommodating requests.

Location is the best in Fort Wayne and the quality is fantastic for the price

Room Tip: West side faces Parkview field: a pro and a con during summer months.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ike G
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
THANK YOU for the very gracious review of the hotel! I'm always thrilled to hear how we're realizing our goal of being the cleanest and frinedliest hotel in Fort Wayne. We look forward to many more returns!
Milwaukee
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were 'assigned' this hotel to participate in a soccer tournament. It wasn't overpriced, as I suppose it could have been. The hotel accomodated us with a breakfast buffet, which was really well done. The staff was friendly across the board. Parking next door was extra, but convenient. Pool was amusingly small. Fitness center was large and well equipped with newer cardio equipment, free weights and two nice benches. The room was pretty standard, but the walk in shower was really nice. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We hope your soccer tournament proved to be a winning one! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I'm so glad to hear that your stay was a great one. Although we do have many beautiful walk in showers instead of tubs, we do have rooms with tubs as well for those who enjoy a relaxing bath at the end of a long day. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Santa Claus, Indiana
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was traveling for a conference at the Grand Wayne Center. It was just my colleague and I.

We got to the hotel around 8 pm and were greeted with a friendly desk attendant and a smile. We parked and got our luggage up to the room. When we got to the room, we noticed something was wrong. We only had one bed. We originally had booked and paid for a 2 night stay in a king room with a sofa bed. I called to the front desk and the manager said that he was sorry but all of the rooms were completely full and there was nothing they could do for us. I was absolutely appaled, I told him that we booked AND PAID for this room in November. He said very quickly, like he was wanting to get rid of me, that he was sorry, but all of the rooms were completely full. This made things completely awkward for my colleague and I. He then handed me a card for free breakfast the next morning. THIS IS NOT WHAT WE NEEDED. WE NEEDED TWO BEDS. I decided it wasnt worth the fight, and I ended up sleeping on the floor.

The next morning I went down to see if I could have the rooms changed and they said that they were again full and they couldnt do anything. AT 10 AM!!!!! My colleague then slept on the floor that night.

When we were checking out a different manager asked how my stay was, so I told her about our situation and she was genuinely concerned and gave me her business card for future reference. She asked if there was anything she could do, I just said that I wanted to know how to avoid this from happening in the future (you know, when you book and pay 2 1/2 months in advance and you still dont get the room you booked). She said, that the only way to guarantee a room is call and have them make sure you are in a room with two beds.

This hotel has a lot of nice things...starbucks, champions restaurant, and covered parking. Rooms are very nice and staff (except the one manager) were very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. Your comment, "This hotel has a lot of nice things...starbucks, champions restaurant, and covered parking. Rooms are very nice" thrills me and we always appreciate those evaluations of our hotel.
Please also accept my most sincere apologies for not receiving the room type you requested. As you can imagine, the IMEA conference is a very busy time for the downtown area and although we do our very best to accommodate everyone, we occasionally do fall short. Please also feel free to contact me directly the next time your travels bring you to the area and it would be my pleasure to make it up to you.
Ft Wayne, IN
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a Courtyard by Marriott. I got everything I expected from a Courtyard by Marriott. Courteous staff, clean rooms, nice amenities. For me, this hotel is all about location, location, location. In the summer, the ball park next door is a great option, as well as the Embassy next door. Baseball and nationally recognized acts as well as the Philharmonic are all great entertainment options. While I didn't use the restaurants in the hotel (there is a Champions Sports bar and grill and a Bistro in the lobby) they seemed adequate. The options that are available within walking distance are plentiful. Visit J.K. O'Donnell's (2 blocks away) or Cindy's Diner (breakfast and lunch, also 2 blocks) There is a King Gyros and 816 Pint n Slice nearby for those late night munchies too. Take advantage of the location and try something new.

Room Tip: King rooms have a microwave and small refrigerator. Very helpful, I imagine, for the business class...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ft_Wayne_mom
Thank you for taking the time to give such a wonderful review of our hotel. All comments are greatly appreciated but glowing ones like yours are the best. Our location is truly fantastic. With the plethora of entertainment and dining opportunities in the immediate area, our guests are rarely dissatisfied. We look forward to seeing you again soon.