Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a great hotel located in an up and coming part of Downtown Fort Wayne. Close to many restaurants and other attractions. Also next store to the Fort Wayne Tin Caps A Minor League ballpark (and what a great ballpark it is). Staff was very professional, and hotel had a great sports bar connected next store. Rooms very clean and modern. The hotel is very new too. Parking was very easy to get in and out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Our mission is to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in the Fort Wayne area and it appears we delivered on your stay. Thank you Shawn, for your evaluation of our hotel. We're thrilled that we achieved our goal. We look forward to many return visits.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed last weekend for a wedding and could not have asked for a better situation! Staff on arrival was great, I didn't catch her name but the front desk supervisor on Friday evening was outstanding. My elderly parents were traveling with us and needed some additional things in the room, by the time I made it back to the room everything was delivered and all their needs taken care of. Our room was great, beds were very comfortable, very nice size and again GREAT staff. The ladies at the "breakfast bar" went above and beyond fetching coffee for my parents and anticipating all our needs. Please keep up the great work, If I ever make it back to Ft Wayne you have my business!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of the hotel! We are indeed fortunate to have associates like Emily from the front desk who value our mission to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Fort Wayne. I'm very excited to hear that all the ladies in the Bistro Restaurant also went above and beyond with you and your family. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you again on the next occasion that brings you to the area.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed overnight At the Downtown Cortyard Marriott for one night. We wanted a hotel in Downtown Fort Wayne that was an all in one hotel. this hotel was pretty much perfect. The rooms were very tastefully decorated, very clean and nice size. The hotel has a very nice workout facility, nice warm pool, very nice outdoor courtyard. The sports bar restaurant was reasonably priced, good beer selection, good food selection. The food was very good, and lots of televisions to watch football. the hotel is nice and open, with lots of areas to sit in . we paid $10 for an added breakfast ticket for two people. the breakfast offered was very good. Starbucks coffee bar located in the lobby. You basically never need to leave the hotel . The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is the pillows and mattress could be upgraded. the bathrooms were very nice with a huge glass shower.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your review of the hotel and thank you for allowing us to serve you. I'm very glad to hear that your visit was one that exceeded your expectations. Although it's true, one definitely would not need to leave the hotel due to our service and amenities, there are so many exciting things to do in the downtown area. We look forwward to telling you about them on your next stay.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I travel to Fort Wayne for business quite a few times per year and always find myself staying at this hotel. The staff is always very friendly and attentive and the property is very well maintained and clean.

Only reason I am rating this 4 instead of 5 is as I was a bit surprised that we could not get them to take us to dinner in the shuttle as we had 8 rooms of people that wanted to go together and was told it is strictly for airport transportation only. This has not been the case in the past and they used to take us when a large enough group requested but would not accommodate our request this time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Michael, thank you so much for your review of the hotel. We're very grateful for your business and know that you have many choices in the area but choose to stay with us.
In order to better serve all of our guests, we have found that due to the distance and time it takes to pick up our guests at the airport, local travel surrounding the hotel is very difficult to accomplish while maintaing the schedule to and from the airport.
We look forward to many return trips and thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nothing but problems from the start. I had to wait over 5 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk to check me in. No sheets or blanket on the pullout couch even though I informed them my son was sleeping their prior to our arrival. Took over 20 minutes for us to get sheets (that we had to walk down and get because there was only one gentelman working the front desk. They overcharged my credit card, but claim it is a standard deposit that most hotels require. (not true). Then the waitress asked me if I wanted my cranberry and vodka on the rocks. Well yes, why wouldnt I? Then brought the wrong drink, took 18 minutes to bring me the correct drink and then to find out when I got my bill that on the rocks means a double shot to them. Staff is terrible, unfriendly and I expected a lot more from a marriott hotel. Stay at the Hilton next door!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for bringing your experience to my attention. It would be my pleasure to discuss this with you personally at a time that is convenient for you. Our goal is always to exceed our guests expectations and it sound like we fell short on this visit. I can assure you this is in no way indicative of the outstanding service we provide or strive for. Please call me when you have some free time. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed here four nights while visiting family. Loved our stay. No problems and very clean. Excellent helpful staff. Great breakfasts and the sports bar has great food and atmosphere. Our room, a king, was very large and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thanks so much for your review of the hotel! I'm thrilled to hear that you LOVED your stay, our staff was so helpful and that you enjoyed your breakfast and atmosphere of Champions Restaurant and Sports Bar. We look forward to serving you again on your next family visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great for families. Rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped. Staff is nice (should talk a little or at least act like they are listening). really happy with choice of hotel We will return. You should try this place one you'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! We're so happy you had such an enjoyable visit with us and look forward to seeing you again very soon.