“Best gyros in town!”

Friends Too
Ranked #93 of 649 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best gyros in town!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Best gyros in town by far! We used to go to a place in town known specifically for their gyros until my parens told us about Friends Too. The gyros you get at Friends Too are HUGE and SO delicious!! We will never go anywhere else in town for gyros again! We even threw away our frequent buyer card that we needed to buy one more before getting a free one from the other gyros place! However, don't expect a nice sit down restaurant that you can dress up to go to, it's more like a casual dining restaurant.

I will say one negative was that the owner was blatantly flirty with one of his (attractive) female staff members (a waitress). I don't think he thought he was doing anything wrong and it really was "harmless" but it did make us feel uncomfortable for her both times we saw it. The owner seems really nice and has joked around with us a few times, but still you should never flirt with your employees in general, much more so in front of customers!!

• Visited May 2013

fort wayne
“Pay people the money u owe them!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Food is just ok, but it's a little scary when they move around and put their business name in a family members name so their bankruptcy doesn't follow them and pay money they owe people!!

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank lak51
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, warm service”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We eat often at Friends Too. They have great food, a lot of variety and friendly staff. Vegetarians have choices too. Niko is a great host. Today, my family and I had to finish our brunch in 45 minutes to make it to our next appointment. We mentioned it to Niko and even though the place was packed, he took care of everything so well and we were out in a timely manner. Thanks Niko and the staff!

• Visited April 2013
“poor customer service”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have been going to Friends and Friends Too for many years and have always enjoyed their Greek Specialties. Service is especially friendly at the "original" Friends on Dupont Rd. However, a recent experience has soured us on returning; we have many choices for good - great food here in Fort Wayne. We stopped for a late lunch/ early dinner on a cold and snowy day about a month ago. The restaurant itself was chilly (tiny space heaters did little to dispell the portion of the cold) but we were seated promptly in the small dining room fronting W Jefferson Blvd and near the kitchen. Interestingly, our appetizer (ordered as such from the waitress) came out with our meals; the fried mushrooms (the same type that can be purchased at any grocery or club store) were consistent, but the portion was much smaller than at the Dupont Rd Friends. Into her 2nd bite of her Gyro, my daughter encountered a long, light-colored hair entwined in her onions -so gross! We stopped eating and waited for the waitress to appear (our beverages were empty and she's not yet rechecked the table). After several minutes without any employees in view, I went back toward the kitchen where I found our waitress refilling ice bins. I explained our problem to her; she apologized and returned to the kitchen. Because of our proximity to the kitchen, we could hear her arguing w/ kitchen staff that she needed the sandwich replaced; the kitchen's response was too muffled to make out, but the waitress had to reiterate her point many times before they finally conceded. Quite a while passed before the new meal was brought out; by then my food was ice cold. I was totally surprised to receive our check and #1 receive no further apology from the waitress (when I worked food service, any lack of quality was personally mortifying to me) #2 find that there was no comp for the dismal experience. I had to pay the same for food tainted by someone's hair, unwillingly replaced, my own cold meal, etc....you get the point. The owner was not present, so I sent a letter outlining our experience to them and have never received a reply. I guess that as long as everything goes as planned, Friends,Too is okay to try, but Heaven help you if you need customer service.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank hereandthere053
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Friendly service, good food”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Although this restaurant is known for Greek cuisine, my husband and I stopped in for breakfast on a weekday morning. We were greeted at the door by the owner and were immediately seated and served coffee and water. I had a fritatta with spinach and feta, my husband had a scramble. The portions were generous, the food was fresh tasting and very good. We will be visiting again soon.

• Visited February 2013