“Great, late lunch”

Caliente Cuban Cafe
Order Online
Ranked #244 of 797 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We were in downtown Fort Wayne with the grandkids, and stopped into this restaurant. We started with the nachos, which are unique and simply outstanding. We all had sandwiches and everyone liked what they had, including their hot dog! The waiter had a great attitude with the kids, and really treated them with respect.
We enjoyed the food, and it was reasonably priced. We definitely recommend this place for lunch.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Very consistent good and bad experience. Each time I've visited the food has been fantastic. I wish I would have tried the other location. It had great reviews on several websites. Unfortunately, with every visit at this location I've experienced an incredibly loud staff in the kitchen. Always speaking very loudly. Sometimes talking about work sometimes talking about parties. First visit included one woman in the kitchen swearing over and over again load enough that t could be heard by everyone in the dining room. Great food but horrible environment.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

This was my first time eating here and I liked it. It was prompt and friendly service. I tried the Balsero and it was very good. The only downside was that I left smelling like the food, which can be an issue if you have a meeting afterwards. I will still come back, but maybe not with a meeting afterwards.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 3, 2018

Meridith, our server was very helpful. We have dined out of state in other very good Cuban cafes, and were very pleased with the food and service at Caliente. The prices are nice, the Cubano was terrific ! They don't have sweet potato or regular fries, but the "yugga" (sp ?) fries were very tasty and not at all greasy. Parking at the curb can be a challenge, but just 1/2 block west is a small private parking lot. It only cost $2 for
our 1 1/2 hour stay, and well worth it.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 29, 2017

My wife and I stopped by and had an absolutely delightful lunch a couple of days before Christmas. Service was quick and friendly, and the sandwich choices were interesting and unique. My wife had the Cubano, and I had the Elena Ruz. Both were delicious and exceeded expecations. We're anxious to return to this great spot. The only small suggestion we'd have for the owners is that their exhaust system probably needs to be augmented. We noticed a pretty strong smell on our clothes after we left.

Date of visit: December 2017