“Great Value-booked through Priceline”

Hyatt Place Fort Wayne
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Rochester, mi
“Great Value-booked through Priceline”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

We were in Fort Wayne for my 50th high school reunion that was held at the downtown Hilton. I had booked a room at the Hilton, which I had stayed at a few years ago, for $89 a night. I tried bidding for a room (the hotel is a 3 1/2 star facility on Priceline, but my bid of $66 was not accepted. I expanded the class of hotels to include 3-star hotels and snagged the Hyatt for a bid of $51/night. I saved about $100 for a two-night stay and the Hyatt accommodations exceeded my expectation for a 3-star hotel. Staff was very friendly, rooms were large and clean, beds were very comfortable-no complaints whatsoever!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

The hotel is in a great location and is very clean. However, the bed was the hardest I have every slept on in a ' 3 star hotel'. The breakfast was really a letdown, compared to other hotels that cost a lot less. I can get yogurt, and toast and frozen fruit at any chain hotel. The room was nice, but the blankets smelt of feet, and the toilet area was tiny, barley room to undress and get in the shower. It was a nice hotel and the staff was friendly but I think next time I am in Fort Wayne we will stay at a different hotel that is more comfortable and be just fine.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

Chose this hotel strictly because I like the Hyatt brand. Hyatt Place hotels are generally very reliable properties that you can count on in a variety of areas. The Hyatt Place Ft. Wayne did not disappoint. Check in was smooth, pleasant and the front desk staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. The room was very clean with a fantastic, huge flat screen TV. Beds were very comfortable. Room had a nice livingroom area with a refrigerator. Bath area is a little cramped and small. The washbasin is actually outside the bathroom out in the open, which was somewhat odd, but fine. Wireless internet free throughout the hotel and relatively good reception. They even have a shuttle that will take you within a few mile radius complimentary. I have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

I booked a one night stay at the Hyatt Place in Fort Wayne Indiana for a King size room through Expedia.com. I didn't even hestitate or worry about my plans because I've booked rooms and trips through Expedia before and been very pleased, but not this time.

When we arrived at the Hyatt Place we were told that because we booked through Expedia our room was not guarenteed and we would have to take a room with two double beds for my husband and I because they were booked for the night. And because I had got a non-refundable room, we didn't have the option of looking for other accomodations that would be more comfortable without losing the money already spent on the Hyatt Place room.

The worst part is the management didn't apologize and barely even looked at us. And we were told they were booked, but when I attempted to book on Hyatt's website after we checked it, I was still able to book a King room. Funny huh?

I love Hyatt Place - it's usually a great value for the money and comfortable. The Fort Wayne was is musty, the beds were uncomfortable, the AC was loud and it was really humid. Even the elevators smelled.

I'm not going to give up on all Hyatt Place's, but I will NEVER stay at this one again. There are too many other hotels close by to choose this place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GreenKnitter
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

I’ve stayed at this location many times. The location is fine, near popular attractions and easy access to the high way but not so close you hear it. The rooms are always clean, mini fridge is convenient, nice seating, desk and great TV. I like a soft bed and this was a little in the firm side but still nice. Breakfast is fruit, oatmeal, dry cereal , toast or bagel & juice bar. Additional items are available for purchase such as French toast or bacon and eggs. The front desk is friendly enough. The pool is seasonal and small. I like the workout room though, large mirrors span the wall. Normally there is no one in there and if there is it is one person. Out of all the hotels and motels I've stayed at in Fort Wayne, I will defiantly be staying here again. One of, if not the best.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shopnome
OHIO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

from the moment we stepped foot in this Hyatt we were treated like white trash due to being tattooed .We had been told to (keep it down) @ 6pm..while leaving for our show. The front desk people looked at us like we were lost and didn't belong it there hotel.. I WILL NEVER STAY IN THE HYATT FORT WAYNE EVER.. the pull out sofa bed was filthy and smelt like urine the sheets were dirty and looked like they never change them (Maybe they just put the trash in a trashy room) the General Manager was just as rude as the rest of his staff

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

I stayed at this establishment for 3 nights and found it to be quite satisfactory in providing a comfortable bed to sleep in while I was in town for a family renuion, Each room is plenty spacious. The hotel provides some extra perks like a very large television in each room and a wet bar area to make your morning coffee. There is also a mini fridge for items that need chiling. The only major complaints might be that there is no fan in the bathroom and that the air con unit is quite loud. Check in and out fast and efficient. Breakfast was very basic: coffee: yogurt, English muffins and the like.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo