Hyatt Place Fort Wayne
$139
  • Pool
$76
$88
Comfort Inn Fort Wayne(Fort Wayne)(Great Value!)
$67
ComfortInn
$76
$98
Hampton.com
$110
$99
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmovie theater next doorsleeping arealarge roomin townbasketball tournamentliving roomyogurtgreat place to stayoutdoor poolother hotelswill stay there againbreakfast barrestaurants and shoppingstaff was very friendlygreat roomoff the highwayhotel room
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I booked a one night stay at the Hyatt Place in Fort Wayne Indiana for a King size room through Expedia.com. I didn't even hestitate or worry about my plans because I've booked rooms and trips through Expedia before and been very pleased, but not this time.

When we arrived at the Hyatt Place we were told that because we booked through Expedia our room was not guarenteed and we would have to take a room with two double beds for my husband and I because they were booked for the night. And because I had got a non-refundable room, we didn't have the option of looking for other accomodations that would be more comfortable without losing the money already spent on the Hyatt Place room.

The worst part is the management didn't apologize and barely even looked at us. And we were told they were booked, but when I attempted to book on Hyatt's website after we checked it, I was still able to book a King room. Funny huh?

I love Hyatt Place - it's usually a great value for the money and comfortable. The Fort Wayne was is musty, the beds were uncomfortable, the AC was loud and it was really humid. Even the elevators smelled.

I'm not going to give up on all Hyatt Place's, but I will NEVER stay at this one again. There are too many other hotels close by to choose this place.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GreenKnitter
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I’ve stayed at this location many times. The location is fine, near popular attractions and easy access to the high way but not so close you hear it. The rooms are always clean, mini fridge is convenient, nice seating, desk and great TV. I like a soft bed and this was a little in the firm side but still nice. Breakfast is fruit, oatmeal, dry cereal , toast or bagel & juice bar. Additional items are available for purchase such as French toast or bacon and eggs. The front desk is friendly enough. The pool is seasonal and small. I like the workout room though, large mirrors span the wall. Normally there is no one in there and if there is it is one person. Out of all the hotels and motels I've stayed at in Fort Wayne, I will defiantly be staying here again. One of, if not the best.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shopnome
Reviewed November 17, 2009

from the moment we stepped foot in this Hyatt we were treated like white trash due to being tattooed .We had been told to (keep it down) @ 6pm..while leaving for our show. The front desk people looked at us like we were lost and didn't belong it there hotel.. I WILL NEVER STAY IN THE HYATT FORT WAYNE EVER.. the pull out sofa bed was filthy and smelt like urine the sheets were dirty and looked like they never change them (Maybe they just put the trash in a trashy room) the General Manager was just as rude as the rest of his staff

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I stayed at this establishment for 3 nights and found it to be quite satisfactory in providing a comfortable bed to sleep in while I was in town for a family renuion, Each room is plenty spacious. The hotel provides some extra perks like a very large television in each room and a wet bar area to make your morning coffee. There is also a mini fridge for items that need chiling. The only major complaints might be that there is no fan in the bathroom and that the air con unit is quite loud. Check in and out fast and efficient. Breakfast was very basic: coffee: yogurt, English muffins and the like.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Most of my friends know that my main qualification for hotel rooms is that they NOT have ugly bedspreads. I'm shocked that in this day and age, some motels are still using those godawful polyester bedspread things instead of investing in some very basic, no-frills classy looking comforters.

Well, Hyatt Place got it right in the interior design department. "Thank goodness!" I thought, as I excitedly booked my stay.

Unfortunately, the reality was not quite as great as I had hoped. The LOOK of the place is great. Glossy and modern with fancy flat screen TV. They cater to high-powered executives who still have to stick to a per diem, but want the nice extras. However, the interior designer who made the place LOOK great forgot the basic rule of I.D.: it can't be beautiful if it's not good design.

Forget working while watching TV; that idea quickly went out the window for me. Because of the fancy flat nature of the giant TV, there is no lazy Susan effect like you can usually attempt in hotel rooms to turn your TV in the direction of the desk. The TV faces the bed. The desk faces a wall that is perpendicular to the bed. I ended up typing in bed, propped up on pillows. Not practical, ya'll.

#2 Pet peeve-- the water temps and water pressure SUCKED here. I literally could not get hot water in the shower. Both days! Even when it warmed up somewhat, it was still cold. Bad bad bad. AND because of the crummy pressure, my toilet backed up, and I had to awkwardly request someone come up and check it out after I'd...well...you know. At least it was repaired while I was out at the library during the day, for which I was appreciative.

#3 I left a note ON the light for one of the staff to please change the light bulbs in the little lamp next to the bed. No one ever did while I was there. So while I was trying to type in bed, I had very little light to do it by.

#4 I'm sure I would have enjoyed the continental breakfast quite a bit more if the lobby hadn't been packed, and if there would have been SOME AIR CONDITIONING! The selection looked OK, but I started short-circuiting in the heat and still air. I have MS, and cannot handle the temps when it starts to get steamy, especially in crowded stuffy areas like the lobby during breakfast. I don't know if they don't have any vents in the lobby, or if they turn it off temporarily while all the burners are on for coffee and whatnot, but I was miserable, trying to fan myself and eat at the same time. Finally after a few bites I gave up and left. The next morning before my trip home, I hit the IHOP down the block instead.

Sorry, Hyatt Place. I'll probably try a different location, because I enjoyed the look and feel of the brand, but the execution at this one leaves something to be desired.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo