“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Fox River Grove, IL
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times when visiting my son at IPFW (Pudue)
I think the hotel is fine. It was a older hotel bought by Hyatt and completey remodeled. The rooms are very comfortable with a very large flat screen tv. You have a large work area, microwave and refg. My only complaint with the rooms is the bathroom is very small. The door just misses the toilet when opening and closing. The lobby has the moden feel with a deli bar that serves Starbucks. The buffet is ok but the menu wich is limited has some good items.
They only have an outdoor pool, no hot tub and the fitness center is a joke.
But for a comfortable place to stay it is fine.

• Liked — modern, nice Tv, comfortable beds
  • Disliked — small baths, no hot tub or exercise equipment
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2009

Nice size rooms well configured. 42'' TV was fun to watch. Complimentary breakfast was just OK but for a little more could have purchased hot food. I would recommend this hotel to others we really enjoyed our stay and the place is nice and clean.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2009

Very Nice Hotel and close to everything. We were in town from Ohio to see Larry the Cable Guy at the Embassy and Hotwire chose this spot for us and I am glad. Rooms were very clean and decor was outstanding ,right down to the plasma flat screen TV and plush bedding. The only thing that upset me was the walls were very thin in the rooms and you could hear the guy in the next room laughing and coughing. Also when we checked in the lady at the front desk made it sould like the "deli" served hot food (pizza) 24-7. We found that not to be the case when we returned to our hotel at 12 midnight HUNGRY. Deli stops serving pizza at 11PM and I was forced to either go back out into the cold or spend $32 for 2 cold meat sandwichs, chips and soda. Deli food costs big bucks at this hotel. But this is still a nice place to stay. I would recommend to anyone....just eat before you get there.

• Liked — TV and Bedding
  • Disliked — Small Small Bathroom
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
U.S.A
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2008

I booked a room here for 2 nights. I cancelled the first night in plenty of time of the cancellation period. We check in and out without any mention of a no show for the first night. Then a charge shows up on by credit card. I inquire. They say it is for a no show. They did not give me a cancellation number when I called, so they say there is nothing they can do about it. My credit card company won't credit my account either, because the hotel says that I am lying. I stay in hotels 350 days a year. Usually Hamptons. I thought I would give this chain a chance. I should of stuck with my instincts when I first called this place, don't stay there, they are incompedent. But I went against my better judgement and booked it anyway. I will definatey stay away from this chain, as I have never been treated so rudely anywhere else.
On top of all of this, the rooms were not all that. Cheap furniture that is falling apart. The doors have big gaps around them, you can see daylight around them and they bang back and forth when someone in another room opens their door. I saw a big bug in the hallway go under someone's door. And the bath tubs were old and totally disgusting. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

Stayed September 2008
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

I was very happy with this hotel! I stayed here while travelling alone with my two very small children. The room was so clean that I didn't mind my baby crawling on the floor. The room was very comfortable and looked recently remodeled. Another thing I LOVED was the food and drinks available for purchase at the front desk. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Liked — The huge, clean room.
  • Disliked — They only had diet yogurt at breakfast.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank slipjig
Tempe, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

My husband had stayed here on business and was eager to return. Our second experience did not disappoint. The staff is friendly and the rooms are very clean and well-decorated. The whole place smelled great (we were secretly searching for the scented candles :) We will definitely stay here again and would recommend it highly.

• Liked — great rooms
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
LosAngeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2008

Stayed for three nights. Asked for a king bed and when I arrived they assigned me to a handicap room which didn't have a desk chair. Initially I just asked for a chair, which they immediately provided, however, they offered to move me to a new room with two double beds. When I realized there was also no desk lamp in this room arrangement, I accepted their offer to move. Later that night when the front manager saw me, she made sure to ask if everything was acceptable. I'm not used to such service.

The room was bigger than a normal hotel room and very clean. The flat screen TV was much larger than in many other hotels and the number of channels was great.

The free breakfast is basically juice, coffee, toast, or bagel, however, you can order hot items for a reasonable cost or buy bakery items.

I would stay here again in an instant and will consider staying in other within this chain.

• Liked — Larger room, comfortable desk chair and work area, large flat screen TV
  • Disliked — internet was slow in the evening
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business