“Fannnnn....Tastic!”

Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Bear Lake
“Fannnnn....Tastic!”
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I stayed here 7 nights in late July / early August. Don't confuse this place with Amerisuites... Apparently Hyatt Place used to be an Amerisuites (and a bad one at that) a couple years ago. It is now remodeled, and IMPROVED.

I was traveling alone. When I arrived, it was late, and the place was quite full. I was given a room with two queen beds, which I really didn't need. I went to the front desk and asked for a change. Not a problem, and I kept the room for the next week.

Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. EVERYONE from maintenance, to food service, housekeeping, front desk... EVERYONE was great! I'm not sure I've ever been able to say that before.

Room was awesome! Huge, VERY comfortable bed. 42 in flatscreen TV. Fridge. Wireless. Nice sectional couch with a pull out bed. Everything was clean and kept that way throughout the week. Only (-'s)... toilet/shower area was a bit small & I pulled out a shelf/table to put my computer on and it probably hadn't been cleaned around in a LONG time. Some kid had dropped a box of candy and a toy back there and it'd obviously been there awhile. Oh, and I think there IS a charge for local calls.

:o( I HATE that.

Outdoor pool and jacuzzi area was small, but cozy, with many plants. Exercise area was nice. Business services were good. Open areas were numerous, clean, cozy.

Breakfast was good. I won't say it was a banquet, but plenty enough for me. A few different fresh fruits, cereal, bagels, english muffins, yogurt, bread, juices, milk etc... Everything was kept up GREAT by very pleasant and attentive staff. Many other items can be made to order also through food services, for a charge, 24 hrs. a day.

I personally found everything very quiet and peaceful. I know I had rooms occupied around me, but I really didn't notice. There were a couple times during my stay when basketball and baseball teams were passing through, but I really noticed no extra noise.

The location is great. I had wanted to be closer to downtown, since I was spending the week in the Allen Co. Public library, researching. Not a problem. I was away from the city, but probably 10-15 min. and a couple turns away from downtown. Very easy driving. The hotel's website states they offer shuttle service (within a 5 mile area). Downtown was 4.5 miles away, but I didn't try and arrange a ride. I'd just rather drive myself. They did have a shuttle van outside, so I don't see as it would have been a problem.

There's a large mall about a block (5 min.) away. Many stores and restaurants a short distance away. Most on the same road as the mall. SuperWalmart has an entrance road that goes by Hyatt Place, but it's far enough over so you can't see it. Just a minute by car. There's a movie theater just over in the parking lot. Really... the location just worked out very well for me.

Overall... a very good time. I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommend

• Liked — Updated, comfortable, friendly.
  • Disliked — Not much, maybe tiny bathroom?
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank winowiski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed August 4, 2008

There are several great things about this hotel/chain. From now on, if I am staying in a town with a Hyatt Place, you can bet that is where I will be staying!!!!
1) Each suite features a large sectional couch in the living room area that opens into a bed if you need it. This living room/kitchenette area is visually separated from the bedroom and bathroom area by a very cool looking half-wall and shoji screen.
2) Each suite has a 42-inch flat screen tv that can be rotated to face either the living room or the bedroom area.
3) There is a computer desk , free wi-fi, and a plug-in panel that allows you to connect your laptop to the tv and view DVDs on the 42-inch screen.
4) The rate includes a free breakfast from 6:30 to 9:30 each morning.
5) There is a computer center off the lobby/bar with two high-speed PCs free to guests
6) It has an outdoor pool and a fitness center
7) the kitchenette in the room has small fridge and coffeemaker
8) The lobby has delightful Starbucks coffee bar as well as a limited selection of wines and beer
9) The lobby snack bar is open 24-7 and offers sandwiches, pastries, salads, etc.
10) This hotel is very conveniently located!
11) The beds are VERY comfortable and the decor is upscale (granite counters in the bathroom/dressing area and kitchenette).
12) The staff is young, friendly, and very competent.

Hyatt should give their market research department huge bonuses for figuring out what travelers want today. Hyatt Place is fantastic!

• Liked — Everything, but especially the 42-inch flat screen tv in the room that had a computer hookup
  • Disliked — No negatives
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank utmargarita
Comfort Suites Fort Wayne
#4 of 44 in Fort Wayne
Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn and Suites Ft. Wayne North

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Wayne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Place Fort Wayne

Property: Hyatt Place Fort Wayne
Address: 111 W Washington Center Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46825-4309
Location: United States > Indiana > Fort Wayne
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Romantic Hotel in Fort Wayne
#7 Business Hotel in Fort Wayne
Hotel Class:3 star — Hyatt Place Fort Wayne 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Fort Wayne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hyatt Place Fort Wayne Hotel Fort Wayne