“great stay”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
anchorage, ak
“great stay”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very nice and quiet hotel in a great area. Room was clean and welcoming. Tv was on a swivel so you could easily watch from sofa or in bed. Like that the hotel is within walking distance to several restaurants, stores, and a movie theater next door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The staff was always professional and never left me needing anything. I will say that I missed my having a microwave as I was living out of it for business for close to a month. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, and the seating areas in the lobby are nice. The pool was closed when I was there, so no review. The room was just what I needed. Bed was soft, sheets were crisp. The T.V. was big and since I would crash after work it was my biggest concern. The staff, I will say again, was so nice and friendly and quick to help me out with food orders, finding laundry mats, things to do, etc. The movie theater next door is a nice perk if you want to catch a late movie. I didn't find any wear and tear like I have seen and I stayed in three rooms over 5 weeks. If it is a pit stop and a long stay you will be comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
South Bend, Indiana, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed here over the Fort Wayne GermanFest weekend along with some of his co-workers. I booked it based on Tripadvisor reviews and its reputation on Tripadvisor. We were sorely disappointed. Upon arrival mid-day there was no one to be found at the front desk. We had to search the lobby for someone to help us. When we arrived to our room, it was in terrible disrepair as evidenced by the photos. There was a spot of mold inside a hole in the ceiling above the toilet as well as an exposed lightbulb above the shower. A large chunk was missing out of the door so that the door to the bathroom would close properly. There was an outlet and switchplate cover dangerously dangling near the wet bar area. I approached the front desk about the condition of the rooms and got "we are sorry but we are quite booked this weekend and it has been hard keeping up with repairs with how busy our property is." I find this to be a terrible response and something Hyatt should be ashamed of in my opinion. I asked the attendant at the front desk about getting a cab in town to which she told me just to ask the front desk when we were ready and they would call us a cab. When we were ready for dinner, I approached the front desk and was told "we don't do that, to which the attendant handed me a half inch thick stack of cards for cab companies and said call one of them, they will help you out." I told her about my earlier conversation and she said that was wrong, sorry. All in all, this is a miserable excuse for a Hyatt and we will not be back. There are too many good options in Fort Wayne to chance a horrid room and terrible customer service at Hyatt Place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Andrew C
Wesr Lafayette, IN
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I gave this a 5 star because they try awfully hard to provide good service and were friendly. They have a nice breakfast buffet which was well stocked and was able to move a lot of people through in quick order. Their wheelchair accessibility was excellent compared to many hotels. Parking was adequate. The staff was always cordial and seemed interested in providing good service. I would definitely stay again for my next trip to Ft. Wayne

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank danbear52
Greenfield, Indiana
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went to Fort Wayne for my son's wedding only to have the entire weekend ruined by this hotel.

While the hotel room was very nice and the breakfast quite good, the Hotel advertises that it is "pet friendly". That may be true for pets but the pet owner gets nailed with a $150 room cleaning charge! That's more than I paid for a two nights stay! Ridiculous! I spoke with the manager and she blamed it on Priceline and Priceline blamed it on the hotel policy. That will be my last time to use either the hotel or Priceline.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott S
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt for a small getaway to take our toddler to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo. We were very pleased with our stay there. Our room was right next to the elevators, yet we were not bothered by any noises from it or from people in the halls. The free, hot breakfast was great. Lots of choices, especially better healthy choices. The staff was exceptionally friendly, offering my husband a serving tray to bring our breakfast back to our room as our toddler ended up getting sick on our trip. The location is very close to the Glenbrook Square Mall, a shopping plaza, the zoo, and a really great Putt Putt Golf/Arcade we came across. We will definitely stay at this Hyatt again!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank CARR1EF1SHER
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Very welcoming staff, very comfortable rooms, conveniently located. A variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Great variety of snacks and meals available 24 hours daily. From check-in to checkout, a pleasant experience. I'll be back!!!

• Stayed May 2013