“Good Value for the money”

Hyatt Place Fort Wayne
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed August 15, 2012

As with other Hyatt Place properties, this one was very familiar.
The employees were helpful as usual and the facility is laid out just like the others.
This property is five stories up so floor five is the highest and quietest.

There is a Walmart store about a block behind this property, so it is a very convenient addition to the available amenities of this property.

The standard breakfast was missing some pieces, such as no steel cut oatmeal. (Hey, some of us have to eat healthy!)

All in all, this property is like other HP properties: spacious and clean rooms; good value for the money.

Room Tip: Rooms on both sides of the hotel are equally quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ogbaami
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Fort Wayne

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed one night in July of 2012 when visiting Ft. Wayne for a basketball tournament with my 13 year old son. The hotel was clean, rooms were spacious, and the beds were comfy! Breakfast was available in the dining area and consisted of standard hotel "free breakfast" fare. No complaints. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I came here for a business trip and the complimentary shuttle was great.

The room service food was also delicious as well as their free breakfast selection.

Overall I give this place a 9/10.

I would have given them a 10 if there was a jacuzzi.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2012

They Hyatt Place Fort Wayne is a beautiful, updated, and comfortable hotel. I booked through a third party hotel site, and I was really shocked when I arrived on the property and went to my room. It was a plush room with a fridge, sitting area, and a huge TV. The beds were comfy, but the room A/C was very loud. The bathroom was small, and, because I'm tall, my head was nearly touching the ceiling in the shower. For someone else, that wouldn't have been a problem. Plenty of free parking, restaurants, and free very high quality wireless internet.

Anyway, I was EXTREMELY happy with the room for the price. I just would rather have had a more quiet stay. Staff was super friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask the front desk about A/C noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jon E
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Good breakfast. Fruits for gluten free if needed. It was a clean room with a very small bathroom. 50" TV. Near Texas Roadhouse. Ask for a room away from the elevators or you'll hear the " ding" all night.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank icemac33
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed one night with my daughter before going to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo. We loved the room, it had a lot of room for two of us, comfy beds and pillows. lots of sitting areas, several large mirrors and even a desk with a chair. We loved the TV, but they did not include Disney with the free cable channels, you had to pay per view, for each Disney show if you want Disney. We brought my laptop to try and connect it to the TV for movies we brought, but we did not have the correct cords. The hotel did not have a DVD player to borrow and did not offer to help with cords/connections, etc. so you are on your own if it doesn't work. I called prior to our trip and the sales staff said they had one DVD player, but when we asked after arrival the two staff acted like they never knew they had a player and did not try to look or contact anyone concerning one.
They advertised the breakfast online and it was disappointing. They had pitchers full of several kinds of milk, but the milk was warm so that ruled out cereal for us, my daughter said the juice tasted funny and my oatmeal tasted odd too. We ate what appeared to be store bought powered donuts and called it a day. Bottom line is, loved the room, but wouldn't count on breakfast to fill you up. It appeared they only had one staff cooking breakfast and she had difficulty keeping up. Also, the staff did not go out of there way to assist. The sales staff were much more helpful and professional than the check in desk.

Room Tip: Take your own DVD player and movies if you have the correct connections it could save a lot of money...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We were on a stop over and just needed a room for the night. We booked it on points and had a quiet room away from the elevator and high floor. Loved the service, the location, the room and the breakfast, with the hot breakfast sandwiches now part of the continetal breakfast. The only thing we do not like is the bathroom, it is split in two, and we found it very small. On other visits to the area we will stay there again.A Walmart is just behind the hotel and a nice Buffett restaurant, makes for a great evening.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Don Hall's Guesthouse
Don Hall's Guesthouse
#11 of 44 in Fort Wayne
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Wayne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Place Fort Wayne

Address: 111 W Washington Center Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46825-4309
Location: United States > Indiana > Fort Wayne
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Romantic Hotel in Fort Wayne
#7 Business Hotel in Fort Wayne
Price Range: $109 - $191 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hyatt Place Fort Wayne 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hyatt Place Fort Wayne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hyatt Place Fort Wayne Hotel Fort Wayne