“Nice stay for 5 with pullout couch”

Hyatt Place Fort Wayne
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Good breakfast. Fruits for gluten free if needed. It was a clean room with a very small bathroom. 50" TV. Near Texas Roadhouse. Ask for a room away from the elevators or you'll hear the " ding" all night.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank icemac33

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed one night with my daughter before going to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo. We loved the room, it had a lot of room for two of us, comfy beds and pillows. lots of sitting areas, several large mirrors and even a desk with a chair. We loved the TV, but they did not include Disney with the free cable channels, you had to pay per view, for each Disney show if you want Disney. We brought my laptop to try and connect it to the TV for movies we brought, but we did not have the correct cords. The hotel did not have a DVD player to borrow and did not offer to help with cords/connections, etc. so you are on your own if it doesn't work. I called prior to our trip and the sales staff said they had one DVD player, but when we asked after arrival the two staff acted like they never knew they had a player and did not try to look or contact anyone concerning one.
They advertised the breakfast online and it was disappointing. They had pitchers full of several kinds of milk, but the milk was warm so that ruled out cereal for us, my daughter said the juice tasted funny and my oatmeal tasted odd too. We ate what appeared to be store bought powered donuts and called it a day. Bottom line is, loved the room, but wouldn't count on breakfast to fill you up. It appeared they only had one staff cooking breakfast and she had difficulty keeping up. Also, the staff did not go out of there way to assist. The sales staff were much more helpful and professional than the check in desk.

Room Tip: Take your own DVD player and movies if you have the correct connections it could save a lot of money...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We were on a stop over and just needed a room for the night. We booked it on points and had a quiet room away from the elevator and high floor. Loved the service, the location, the room and the breakfast, with the hot breakfast sandwiches now part of the continetal breakfast. The only thing we do not like is the bathroom, it is split in two, and we found it very small. On other visits to the area we will stay there again.A Walmart is just behind the hotel and a nice Buffett restaurant, makes for a great evening.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Losing count of the great Hyatt Place hotels I've visited.

Was given a quiet room away from the elevators by my request.

The rooms at Hyatt Place are always large and comfortable. Another simply amazing rate for a high quality room.

I came back to the hotel with a few cold beers to enjoy after the concert we attended, only to realize, darn it we didn't have a bottle opener. A quick trip down to the desk and we procured a bottle opener which we used and returned.

Just something about the Hyatt Place teams across the country that do great things for their guests.

Don't know when I'll return to Fort Wayne, but I stay at a Hyatt Place anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Crushr99
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Weekend get-a-way with my sweetie. The location is convenient to all our favorite things to do and close to our favorite restaurants. The rooms are nice with a separate sitting area. The front desk clerk was a little slow to check us in but otherwise was a good trip.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank mavid79
Reviewed December 8, 2011

This place is awesome. Everything from the entrance looks and is great. You can tell they really take pride in the way their facilities look. Our room was a King, "suitable for 1 guest" But I mean, the bed is a king, so it technically sleeps too, the room was huge and had a sectioned-off seating area with a full pull-out couch (big and L shaped). So, if you have 4 I'm sure it would still be comfortable. (Like I mentioned,) the sectioned off seating area was great and it also had a desk there and ottoman.The TV was great, flat screen, about 42 inches I believe, and it could be rotated to your liking. The location is great because it's right by the mall and shops in the Fort Wayne area.
If you're looking for a classy, comfortable stay, choose this place.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mea A
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I was very pleased with my stay at the Hyatt. I arrived after a long travel and work day and was happy that I could get everything I needed without leaving the hotel. After checking into the big room I went down to the great gym for a quick workout. I then sat at the bar for dinner where the selection of food and drink was plentiful. There were plenty of other guests around which was nice. The service for the entire stay was awesome. I will definitely stay here again when I return for work.

• Stayed: October 2011