“Best Hotel in Fort Wayne”

Holiday Inn Fort Wayne-IPFW & Coliseum
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
ferndale, Michigan, USA, New York, USA
“Best Hotel in Fort Wayne”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel 4 times in the last two months so I thought it was time I reviewed it. This hotel is super clean. The first time I was in Fort Wayne was after driving 7 hours and we arrived at the hotel at 9 am and were able to check in with no problem. I work midnights so it is sometimes difficult to find a hotel that will allow an early check in. My co-worker and I probably looked pretty rough so they may have adjusted their policy because we sincerely looked like we needed sleep. I've since stayed there every time that I have been in Fort Wayne and wouldn't stay anywhere else. I've stayed in various rooms and they have all been exceptionally clean. I used to work in hotels and am particular about where I stay and I haven't been disappointed in this hotel yet. The rooms are well appointed with nice mattresses and a 37 or 42 inch LG. Bathrooms have granite sinks and the showers have excellent water pressure with adjustable shower heads. They have a decent exercise room and pool. Haven't used either but nice that they are there in case I would like to use them. Can't give a review on the restaurant-haven't eaten there. The location is good, plenty of gas stations, restaurants, banks and a mall within a mile. Only downer is that every time I go, I get a call or knock from a housekeeper that fails to see or ignores my do not disturb sign. That being said, I've never complained to management about it but I'm sure if I did it would be addressed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mckshelllove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Coldwater, Michigan
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Excellent staff, clean quiet rooms, great restaurant and bar.
I cannot say enough about how hard the staff works to make the customers happy!
I am not too demanding or picky, but I do like clean bathrooms.
No complaints here.
I have stayed at much more expensive places in Chicago and Indianapolis that were nowhere near this hotel's quality. Forget your stereotypes about Holiday Inns- this one is
what the ads say.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 27, 2011

The staff was very nice and helpful but I was disappointed in the hotel. It seemed like the hotel was trying to cost costs. The ice machine is only located on every other floor, the water pressure if very low, and the room was cold. If you turn the temperature up it will reset to a lower temp and the heater blows out cold air. They provide you with a little bottle of shampoo but no conditioner. I asked for a conditioner and they said oh we will get you some from housekeeping, we don't normally put them out. The layout of the hotel is designed very poorly. The floors are one long hallway and there was a basketball tournament of 4th graders running up and down the halls being loud. The layout of the rooms caused all sounds to echo in the hallway every time a door was shut, etc. The elevators were also slow and the internet is very slow in the business center. We stayed at this hotel to attend an event at the coliseum. I thought it would be worth the $140 price to be in walking distance of the coliseum but it wasn't. What we didn't know was that you had to cross 6 lanes of traffic. The hotel does provide a shuttle but several people were complaining about the long wait so we went ahead and walked. Also we planned on eating at the restaurant at the hotel but it didn't open until 6:00pm. I don't understand why it opens so late when alot of people are there to attend events which can start as early as 6:00pm so we had to find some place else to eat. The final thing was when I got home and saw that I had a $20 charge on my credit/debit card. I called the hotel and they said oh you used a debit card so there is a $20 charge for incidentals. It will be refunded in 72 hours. They should have told us that upfront and I would have given them a different card.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jlb35us
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 17, 2011

everything was nice about our stay. The beds were so comfortable, the rooms clean, and the front desk employees very nice. Pool area was clean, arcade room as well......yet restaurant price a bit too high.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Shepherd, Michigan
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I am a single female traveler. I often stay at the closest Holiday Inn, or Holiday Inn Express because I am familiar with them and also a rewards club member. I chose to stay at this Holiday Inn because it was Super Bowl Sunday and I thought it would be fun to watch the game in the bar with other travelers who had to be on the road that evening. I checked in to my room only to find it had a walk in shower, no tub. The thermostat also would not budge from 68 degrees; normally a tolerable temperature but I wanted to warm up having just spent several hours on the road. No heat. No tub. I went to the front desk and advised the young woman there of the problem with the thermostat while also asking for a room with a tub. Her initial response was that the only rooms with tubs were Jacuzzi rooms. I refused to believe that and after she made a phone call she discovered that there were rooms with tubs and moved me. (She explained that she was new.) My new room was at the far end of a long hallway. After arriving there I quickly ascertained that this thermostat was also set at 68 degrees. It has the appearance of being able to alter the temperature. (Do not be fooled. You can’t.) When I went down to the bar to watch the game there were two other patrons there. In fact, I was told that there were only 9 rooms rented out for the night! Kathy, the bartended was very friendly and helpful as was the young man whose name I forget. I know I should be grateful that the hallways were quiet, but I kept thinking about the movie The Shining. Every time I had to walk down that long, long hallway I felt vulnerable and creeped out. I never saw or heard another soul. I suppose if you are attending an event at the Coliseum this would be the ideal place to stay. Lack of thermostat control also made for a very uncomfortable night. I will not be staying there again for an overnight business stay.

1 Thank luckygreen
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed February 11, 2011

This hotel has purchased the cheapest lowest speed internet allowed by law, very slow, lots of drop offs and many complaints to the front desk. Also very few TV channels to try and get you to buy the overpriced pay movies. The annoying TVs also automatically change channels back to that annoying PROMO channel every time you turn it on. NOT A GOOD HOTEL...

1 Thank Leeana22
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed November 16, 2010

This place is top notch. Melissa, the server for our group of 11 was on her game and met every need we had in a timely and professional manner without disrupting our breakfast discussion. I would recommend this hotel and the amenities without reservation.
Bill Frauhiger - Eyes On Him Studio / Tips Leads & Referrals networking group.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business