“What a surprise”

Seoul Garden Korean Restaurant
Ranked #123 of 707 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed August 6, 2016

My wife and I wanted to grab something quick on our way to a concert at the Foellinger Theater and had seen and read reviews of this place, so decided to give it a try. The complimetary appetizers are a little strange (seaweed, kimshee, and some other items we had never had) but were intereting nonetheless. The Crab raggon and egg drop soup were good but not memoriable. However, the shrimp pan fried noodles were the best I have ever had. Quite simply the plate was delicious. My wifes cashew chicken was very good as well. Service was prompt, prices reasonable and would recommend this place to anyone looking for authentic far eastern cuisine.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank raidenrobert
Write a reviewReviews (45)

Reviewed July 28, 2016

This was our first time to visit. The Korean entrees were excellent. For $2 extra you can make your meal into a special, which includes: One each of Crab Rangoon, Egg Roll, Dumpling, Soup and Kimchi Salad.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 23, 2016

It's been hard for us to find good Korean food in our travels so while in Ft. Wayne for repairs, we couldn't wait to eat here. Oh my goodness it was an experience! Everything was delicious. Servings were huge. We had bibimbop, bulgogi and kalbi. We decided to get the dinner special with both meals which includes crab rangoon, eggroll and fried dumpling for an additional $2. Everything was great. You also get 5 small plates of different kim chee. And a bowl of white rice. The menu also includes some Chinese dishes. Service was prompt and professional. Overall, it was a delicious and satisfying meal. It's a small plain building located next to a gas station but don't let that deter you. Inside it's small, clean and comfortable. The food is outstanding. I would love to come back.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 10, 2016

I lived in Korea and I've eaten at Korean restaurants in several cities. I almost didn't eat at this one because it is located in the same lot as a gas station. The building looks ratty and the interior isn't inspiring either. But, oh the food!

We got our food to go and I was astounded at the amount of food they gave us. The woman at the counter was tremendously friendly as she served us and other customers coming in for dinner. The restaurant is clean and well-kept but there isn't a whole lot that can be done with this building.

I find Fort Wayne to be somewhat short on authentic ethnic restaurants and so this place gets my hearty recommendation. We had the Pibimbap and the Jjam Pong. We will return.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed May 13, 2016

The food is wonderful. We each had the lunch special which was tasty, quick and plentiful. The kimchee soup alone is reason enough to go. Bamboo chopsticks were available.

Date of visit: May 2016