“Most authentic Korean food I've eaten in the States, despite the way it looks”

Seoul Garden Korean Restaurant
Ranked #123 of 707 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed June 10, 2016

I lived in Korea and I've eaten at Korean restaurants in several cities. I almost didn't eat at this one because it is located in the same lot as a gas station. The building looks ratty and the interior isn't inspiring either. But, oh the food!

We got our food to go and I was astounded at the amount of food they gave us. The woman at the counter was tremendously friendly as she served us and other customers coming in for dinner. The restaurant is clean and well-kept but there isn't a whole lot that can be done with this building.

I find Fort Wayne to be somewhat short on authentic ethnic restaurants and so this place gets my hearty recommendation. We had the Pibimbap and the Jjam Pong. We will return.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Brian B
Write a reviewReviews (45)

Reviewed May 13, 2016

The food is wonderful. We each had the lunch special which was tasty, quick and plentiful. The kimchee soup alone is reason enough to go. Bamboo chopsticks were available.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 20, 2016

Excellent Korean food, I gravitate toward the standards: bibimbap and japchae. Both are delicious and taste exactly like I remember from when I lived in Korea. The bibimbap comes with rice and spicy red pepper paste and tastes best when mixed all together. The Japchae is also spicy and comes already mixed. The portion sizes are large. Unless I'm especially hungry I have enough for two meals. The lunch deals come with dumplings/crab rangoon and soup and is a great selection of dishes. Their egg drop soup is quite rich and is my preference, although their hot and sour soup has a good flavor as well.

They also have jars of kim chee for sale. They do a good balance of red pepper paste and ginger. Rinse and return the jar for a discount on your next jar.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Alicia H
Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

Huge portion of wonderful pork Bulgogi, along with soup, cucumbers, and three fried appetizers. Very fast, though a bit busy.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank BatGuano30
Reviewed September 17, 2015 via mobile

Everything from the soup to the appetizers to the entrees... Delicious!! I wish I could give a little criticism. But I just can't. The bean sprouts in sesame oil, soooooo good!!

Date of visit: September 2015