“Nice property which reeks of smoke at every turn” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belterra Casino Resort

Belterra Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice property which reeks of smoke at every turn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2009

My husband's company held a sales meeting here and I was along for the dinner and amenities. First, there was no security at all in the parking garage, and I felt a little uncomfortable since I was driving alone. Upon entering the hotel, I was shocked by the amount of smoke lingering in the air. The buffet dining area and Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse are the only 2 areas which are smoke free. The rest of the hotel is a smoker's free for all, and they smoke everywhere. They smoke outside the shopping areas as well. I didn't bother visiting the casino, my lungs were already hurting.
We came here last year to hear Jay Leno. We couldn't hear for the first 15 minutes because the seats were near the bar and the employees were talking and making a racket. A request to the manager for quiet was met with a rude response, but they did keep their voices down after that. It's a pretty nice room, but don'y sit in the back seats under the balcony- the acoustics are bad.
My husband was pleased with the service during their meeting and they enjoyed a beautiful golf course and a good game. Definitely a plus! We also thoroughly enjoyed a meal at Jeff Ruby's , though it was very loud in there and we couldn't hear our waiter!
We had a room on the third floor with a view over the golf course. There was no frig in the room, but they did have a TV in the bathroom to enjoy while in the jacuzzi. The room was clean and spacious and was a good deal ($89) The bed was comfortable. Luckily we could check out over the TV and didn't have to spend one more moment in the smoky lobby. I can see how this would be a great place to bring friends or hold an event, but until they eliminate smoking from the hotel, I will never go back or recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank LLindaC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
london. on. canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

We just had the plusure to stay at your great Casino/ Hotel,give over other many Casinos/Hotels, around.we have visit ed so many places, in Canada, and the U.S.A., you are in a place of your own. We were there to enjoy ourselves,and we did. Thankx, to your staff in every, section in your B E A U T I F U L, casino/hotel.,your food was nicely preperd and served, and your exelent D E S E R T, many will envy. Honestly...We did not win any cash, no complaints, so what...We do not like those who complain, for complaining sake.....
, JOSEPH, PAULINE MORELLO..ON CANADA.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sailor75yrs
Kenosha, Wi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed for three days and had basically a great time.....The Casino had the tightest Slots we have seen, so we were only in the Casino for a half hour.......The Room was your standard fare that was a cut above average....the Golf course is a real treat to play (played twice)....lot's of maintainance and conditioning....
The down side was the attitude of some employees.......Two examples......After eating in the Buffett (Mediocre), I didn't have any change to Tip the Waitress, so I went to the cashier and asked if I could get cahange for a twenty.......his response was....It all depends how much I'm gonna get as a Tip........Second and worst experience was when we went for lunch in the ProShop Grille.....I waited about 10 minutes standing (and being Ignored) at the Bar just to get a Menu.....after placing the order.....it took 35 minutes to get a Cobb Salad and a Grilled Chicken sandwich....what they do is take your order and charge you for it.........then when the ordered comes out they just put it on the bar and leave it there.......there were some people in the back of the room whose food sat on the Bar for 20 minutes before they went to ask about it and were told that it was up to them to see when it came out, even though the Server at the Bar had just brought out and serviced two tables of Golfers that stopped for Lunch "After" their round.........their food was cold and the Server ignored their requests about Warming .......I went to the Bar and stood there after 30 minutes and waited...got the Sandwich, but they forgot about the Salad........Took another 10 minutes to get it.......Worst Service I have ever seen in a relatively High End Resort...........
Spa service and Cleaning of the Room was above average...........The Aquarium Grille was the Exact Opposite of the Golf Grill and the Buffett......Great Food and Service......Jack Ruby's Steakhouse was O.K......but ....Not in the same leauge at Ruth's Chris........

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

Reserved King room and was upgraded to suite at no extra cost. Beautiful fixtures & furnishings, more extras than most. Clean room, hotel and Casino. Wide variety of slots, played 5 hours, left up $400. Food in buffet was very good, good variety for the price

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one night and had a wonderful time!! We stayed in a suite (room 449) and it was beautiful!!! The casino was great - a little smaller than what I have gotten used to in Las Vegas but still fun! The buffet was very nice, the hotel staff were all very friendly, all in all just wonderful! I am already planning my next trip out there!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Englewood Oh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

We had reservations for a 2 bed non-somking room with conformation for Tuesday June 9, 2009. When we arrived we were told the only room availabe was a smoking room with a king bed. Ask to see to a manager and she told us that they offered us a room and that was all they had to do. I ask her why they confirmed my reservations and was told she had no idea. In other words take it or leave it. We left and you can bet we will never go back. We've stayed in casinos all over this country and have always been treated great. By the way this was 127 mile trip each way. So I hope all of you admirers of Beltera don't get the same treatment. We will never recommend this casino again!!

[--]

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank jomar07
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

Belterra is fancy in the lobby! Our room was just ok, no better or worse than the others we got along our recent casino expedition. The casino was the worst of our trip! So small, older machines, much, much smaller casino than the others we visited!! Four Winds, Blue Chip, Belterra, Grand Victoria and Argosy.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Irisheyes4004
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Ramada Sparta/At Speedway
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel
Hillside Inn
Hillside Inn
#4 of 7 in Madison

Been to Belterra Casino Resort? Share your experiences!