“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
columbus, ohio
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed November 17, 2008

I have stayed at Belterra several times and loved it each and every one. The rooms are very nice, especially if you can get a deluxe king with jacuzzi tub, glass enclosed shower, tv in bathroom. Comfortable bed, decent cable and wifi in rooms. Aquarium Cafe has great food at decent prices. Have only tried the breakfast buffet, which has good selection. The casino is ok, nothing special, about average for the southern Indiana casinos, but staff is very friendly. If you visit often and gamble, be sure to get a players card and use it. You can often get a free or low rate room mid-week and free breakfast if you play enough. I've heard the golf course is great, although I have not played it.

Belterra is one of our favorite overnight places to visit.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Ohio
Reviewed September 27, 2008

This casino is average in my book. I stayed here a few years ago and was so impressed I couldn't wait to bring some friends up and experience it with me. To my surprise, it has changed for the worse as most places do after they have successfully operated for a number of years. There new rewards program has a lot of kinks that need worked out. The casino hosts are rude and don't take care of guest issues. There is an unbearable amount of smoke on the casino, and it is so cold you need a sweater year round. The only thing I thought was outstanding was some of the employees. Our lady at the front desk, Brittany, was very informative and helpful. Our dealer, Tori, was a hoot. And our waitress in the buffet, Christy, was very personable. I have to say that if it weren't for these few employees who went out of there way to make our stay enjoyable, we definately wouldn't return to this casino. The place does not give you the "resort" feel as advertised, but some of the guest service does.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — the corporate attitude
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
florence ky
Reviewed September 24, 2008

Be careful - there was a little old lady assaulted and robbed in the Belterra parking garage............very little security!

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank ky387p
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Everything was going great, the casino was hoping, the music of Chicago was better then I ever remember and the all you can eat steak and crab legs directly afterward was a thing to remember, then, the tornado that wrecked Vevay and the Cincinati area and that knocked power out to the hotel for the night was terrible ! The staff were not prepared at the hotel for this. They passed out "glowsticks" for light, they had no hot food, with the exception of a little cafe on the ship, which by the way was back up and operating within 25 mintues of the outage, but the hotel, the rooms were hot due to no air, there was no hot water, no tv, nothing, and the staff (which I am sure was overwhelmed) was of no help. Rather then saying "I dont know if and when the lights will be back" we got, "They will be on in an hour or so" which was a total lie....the situation was bad enough, but by the time people had decided to leave rather than cook for the night, it was to late and the State Police were telling everyone to stay put. I know this does not happen often, but I hope I am not there for the next tornado, or better yet, be there and let them keep the facility open, the corner bar closed at 11 pm, that was where everyone was getting ice, without ice the night would have been unbearable,,,so suffice it to say, I love the place and will be back time and time again, but not during tornado season !!!!!!

• Liked — the large rooms and the pool area
  • Disliked — the prepardness of the staff during a crisis (such as the tornado)
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dbyrd1956
Knoxville
Reviewed September 4, 2008

This place is simply amazing.
I went by myself for a little fun and relaxation. I booked a room with two double beds because it was the best deal I could find at the time of my booking. When I arrived at check-in, I asked the very friendly host if I could possibly have a king room instead if one was available at my original rate. He upgraded me to a deluxe king room. When I got to my room, my jaw dropped. It was fantastic. It was the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. I ventured down to the casino and was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't nearly as smoked filled as some other reviews had mentioned. In fact, it didn't bother me at all while I was there. I was also very happy to see that the table minimums were mostly at $5, even on a Holiday (Labor Day). The dealers were all very friendly and very easy to talk to. I think my only disappointment with my stay was the buffett. It was only average. I was expecting more, especially for the price. The Aquarium Cafe was a better deal.

• Liked — Low table minimums and luxurious room
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike except for the average buffett
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Johnstown, Ohio
Reviewed August 28, 2008

This resort has all of the amenities of a 5 star cruise ship. Shops, restaurants, spa, casino. The rooms are absolutely amazing - very spacious & excellently appointed.

• Liked — The beauty of the resort - inside & out - and the fantastic rooms.
  • Disliked — The distance from our room to the elevators
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Lawrenceburg, In
Reviewed August 22, 2008

This was absolutely a beauty hotel. Our room has a king sized bed with a Jacuzzi tub. Very luxurious! Rooms were very nice and clean. Not one complaint with this hotel.

• Liked — Room and Jacuzzi tub
  • Disliked — nothing it was great
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hampton Inn Dry Ridge
Ramada Sparta/At Speedway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg

Been to Belterra Casino Resort? Share your experiences!