Belterra Casino Resort
Fairway Inn(Florence)
$59
$76
$68
Rising Star Casino Resort(Rising Sun)(Great Value!)
$88
$120
$88
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsdeluxe roomtable gamesjacuzzi tubseparate showersmoke smelljeff rubybelterra casinoohio riverslot machinesfried chickenplayers cardvideo pokerspagamblingdealerscincinnaticomps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We are regular though not frequent visitors to Belterra. It's over a 5 hour drive for us but we always found it worth it. Until this last visit. We spent, and lost, over $3000. Our comp? $30 for him, $10 for me! We thought our timing must be really off until we spoke with other guests. They had the same losing experience. They must have changed their point system. Other times we've been there we used our points for dining and in the shops. This time our points were practically useless.We've never seen employee morale so low. They told us not to bother talking to management. Nobody listens. We can believe it.
We've heard very good things about the Hollywood Casino. That will be our new Indiana destination.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Judith I
Belterra77, Public Relations Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Hi Judith,

Thank you so much for your review and your recent visit to Belterra! We are sorry to see that your experience wasn't as great as some of your previous visits and we would like to learn more about your visit. Once you send over your contact information and myChoice number we'll be able to provide more insight into the questions you raised about your myCash, but no changes have been made to how you earn tier points or myCash. Please forward that information and any more information about your visit that would help us improve to snewsome@belterracasino.com. We do hope to hear from you and hope that you will give us a chance to show just how great your experience at Belterra can be. Thank you again for your visit!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have stayed here at Belterra several times in the past couple of years and watched this property slowly deteriorate. This last trip for us was truly a disappointment. It is a five hour drive for us to reach Belterra and we had booked a Friday and Saturday night stay for what we had hoped would be a long relaxing weekend with some gambling thrown in. When we arrived & went to check in, I was told that the room we reserved ( King, non smoking) was not available but we could get a 2 queen non-smoking or a king smoking room. Since they tell you up front that the room type that you reserve is not guaranteed, I did not argue and went with a 2 queen non-smoking. While they were checking me in and taking my credit card information, imagine my surprise when a man walked up, began the check in process next to me, & received a KING NON-SMOKING room. How could this room not be available to me, but was available to him 2 minutes later???? Oh well......not going to let this ruin my weekend. We get to our room, unpack and go down to do a little gambling in the casino. Imagine our surprise when half of the 2nd floor of the casino was closed down.....most of the machines that we like to play were shut down. The casino was in the worst shape that we have ever seen it. I don't know how they stay in business. They were having a drawing that Friday evening so I tried to swipe my card at the kiosk to enter in to the drawing only to be told I was not eligible for the drawing. When I asked why not I was told that this drawing was only being held for the top 3 tier levels of reward card levels which I am not one of. Are you kidding me??????? I spend money there too. I was very annoyed. We did not get the room we reserved, did not get to play the slot machines that we like to play & could not enter the drawing.......................we ended up checking out Saturday morning and driving home. Instead of being a nice relaxing weekend it was a very stressful time and we spent 10 hours out of 30 in the car. It will be a very long time before we go back. There are other properties within our immediate area that appreciate our business more than Belterra does. I am not one to nit pick and can usually roll with the punches, but this trip was just all around BAD. Sorry Belterra.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Belterra77, Public Relations Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Hello and thank you for your recent visit to Belterra! We can understand how frustrating it is to not receive the room type you requested, however as you noted we do not guarantee room types on complimentary rooms. Most rooms, including complimentary rooms, are pre-assigned before check-in time. We also love to include all of our guests on all promotions but sometimes we do like to do something special for our most loyal guests in addition to our regular promotion. We do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay, however, including our new restaurants. We hope to see you back at Belterra soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights for a weekend get away. The hotel and casino are both very nice. The hotel room was clean and very comfortable. The bathrooms are awesome. The jet tub was very relaxing! The casino is well laid out. The buffet it huge and the food is decent although over priced which is typical for those types of places. We did splurge and eat at the steakhouse one night. It was incredible. Our bill was almost $200 but for a special occasion it was worth it. Try the lobster and the Mac and cheese! Delicious! I will definitely return some day and do it all again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed at the Belterra Casino and Resort last night and while the hotel is beginning to show its age it is still a nice place to stay. There are some dirty areas like the elevator lobby from the garage, it looks like it hasnt been vacummed in quite some time, but the actual Hotel area is nice. The rooms are comfy but are beginning to show thier age. The casino area is nice, 2 floors and lots of gaming options. Smoking is allowed in casino and the smell will stain your clothers, it is really really really smoky.Overall it is a nice hotel, and the casino is fun just very smoky.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Belterra77, Public Relations Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and for your review! We are glad to see you had a great time during your stay. We have passed your comments along to our hotel team to make sure our property always looks its best. We take great pride in our cleanliness. You may also be excited to learn that we are currently updating our hotel rooms with new TVs, carpets, and other appointments so that your next stay will be even more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you back at Belterra soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I booked a non smoking king bed room two weeks out and when we checked in and went to our room it was a room with double beds. I asked about our king room and was told those rooms sell out first and we didn't get it. This is not right. If you book a king room or whatever room you book you should get that room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GaryMel H

Hello,

Thank you so much for your visit and your review! We are troubled to see that your experience with us wasn't perfect this time. We would like to learn more about your stay and have our hotel team get in contact with you. Please send your contact information and confirmation number to snewsome@belterracasino.com. Thank you!