“VEGAS in my own backyard!!”

Belterra Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have been traveling to Belterra since I turned 21. It is absolutely fabulous. The architecture and design are breath-taking. The shopping is divine and the food is to die for. I live about an hour away and tend to go there to get away from work and stress. Belterra has SO MUCH to offer. They have a spa, a golf course, a lounge, a stage area where celebrities perform, and of course, the casino!!! It is so much fun! The rooms are large and accomadating. The beds are very, very comfortable. Belterra has free valet parking or you can self park. They have the Ultimate Buffet, the Aquarium Cafe, the Casino Cafe, and of course room service. I love their breakfasts which has an omelette station. The casino has a smoke free level. They have recently changed their chairs which were cloth to leather and honestly, it has made a wonderful change. They have added sanitizers to the casino, which is VERY important with all of the touching of the machines and sicknesses going on. I am taking my mother next month and we are looking forward to it. We try to go to Belterra every four months or so! We love it and I bet you will, too. It is just like Vegas, but closer (and BETTER, in my opinion!!)

Room Tip: A room with a jacuzzi is always fun!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 19, 2012

On a weekend tour of Indiana "riverboat" casinos, my spouse, a friend and I visited Belterra. This place literally seems to rise up out of farm fields so it's quite a site to see when you come up on it after a scenic trip along the Ohio River. We didn't stay in the hotel on this trip though all of the common areas we were in were very nicely done.

We were treated quickly and courteously at the desk where we signed up for slot club cards. That was no mean feat as they were running hot and heavy at the "will call" window for the sold out Montgomery Gentry concert in their auditorium later that evening. We didn't have tickets so we got out of the way and headed into the casino.

They've converted a former riverboat casino into an enclosed one with two casino levels but, other than that it's not very wide, it's lost most of the feeling of being a riverboat. It's ornately decorated but very dark. Additionally, it's not well ventilated at all so, for a non-smoker, during busy times, it can be quite cough inducing. For some reason Indiana's non-smoking law for public areas doesn't extend to casinos. It's a shame. This one has newer games than one 20 miles up river and a great side room just for video poker but it's much harder to spend more time in it than the "other" property unless you're a smoker and, therefore, immune to the stench and bad air.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Steve N, Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Hello and thank you for visiting Belterra! We are very glad to read about the level of service we provided you and appreciate your compliments about our property. We have many things that set us apart from our competitors but we take pride in making those our level of service and our property. As you may know, we have been open for 12 years now so we can certainly appreciate your comments about the layout of the casino. You will be happy to know that in 2013 we are going to be upgrading the casino floor with new lighting, carpets, and more. Again, thank you for playing at Belterra and we hope to see you back again!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel is completely overrated!! It's dirty and far from the "non-smoking" rooms they advertise!! Our room reeked of smoke and the entire place, even halls and elevators are smoky. The linens in our room even smelled of smoke. It's pretty disgusting and makes for a miserable stay for anyone who doesn't enjoy smelling like an ashtray.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Laura M

Hello Laura! Thank you for visiting us and for your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while staying in our hotel. We are proud of our rooms as they are consistently listed as the best in the market so naturally we are interested to learn more about your experience and the floor on which you stayed. Please follow up with me at snewsome@belterracasino.com. I hope to hear from you!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

From the first step into the hotel you get an instant scent of pure smoke. Basically every person in the casino smokes constantly. There is no non-smoking level like some casinos. Our non-smoking room smelled terrible reaking of smoke. I get the feeling they either rotate their smoking/non smoking rooms, or just let guests do whatever they want. If you don't mind smoke I guess it's fine, but this day and age they seem to not care much about what non-smokers think.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Deejay82miller

Hello and thank you for visiting Belterra! We appreciate your comments about smoking, however these types of matters are governed by state law. As far as rooms go, these are designated by floor as smoking or non-smoking and they do not change. We did recently convert some smoking rooms to non-smoking when state law changed but many steps were taking to ensure the smell was eliminated. In any case, if you're unhappy with a room our front desk is more than happy to relocate you to a more acceptable room. We would like to learn more about which room you were in, please Email snewsome@belterracasino.com. I hope to hear from you and see you again at Belterra!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Recently, our company hosted a business meeting at Belterra. I am not a gambler so I thought the facility would offer little to me. I could not have been more mistaken. They have a wonderful golf course, great restaurants and one of the finest rooms I have ever stayed in. The staff was great as well. Even if you are not a Casino dweller, I recommend this as a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have been to Belterra 4 to 5 times, and loved it this time I went it was a total different experience. The room me, my sister and son stayed in was dirty and the toilet over flowed 3 times while we were there the 4 days. We spent alot of money there, me and my sister loves the messages and the gambling but for the employees they make you feel like if your not RICH then you don't get the extras. When we first got there my son asked the front desk if they had scooters because I have terminal cancer and can get weak at times. They told him no and they didn't even mention to my son that they did have wheel chairs. I went to the casino with my sister because I can not been a lone due to me falling and I don't have good lungs. I wasn't feeling very well so I left the casino and I asked the security guard that was at the turn style to please page my sister from the boat and he said he couldn't unless it was an emergency, I told him that I had cancer and I was very weak and couldn't breath well and he pointed to a corner on the other side and said for me to check out a wheel chair. So I sat there to see if my sister would come out soon but she didn't and I wanted to get to the bar so I could set on comfortable chairs, I almost got to the bar and fell. A very nice man that was drinking at the bar ran out and picked me up. Then my son came down from the room and I did a report to the head of security. Well that night I woke up to a terrible pain in my back and was rushed to a hospital in Kentucky were they said I had busied my lung and I told the doctor what happened earlier and he said he can happen from a fall. I get back to the hotel and the risk manager Lee pretty much wanted to know what happened and she didn't seem to happy that they had to give me a comp room. I told her I wanted to leave this morning for my mothers 91 birthday. But this was not my fault but she made me feel like it was. And she kept asking me when I could leave and I told her I would leave in the morning. I was in sooo much pain but they didn't seem to care about that. Belterra is only there for your money. And she also made me feel like I shouldn't have been there if I was sick. What am I suppose to do lye in my bed and die. They did give me some food for me my sister and son for only that day. I want to know who is the ceo of this hotel because I would like to speak to him. And do NOT ask me to ever come back to that hotel again. I just got home and is still is pain, because I had to drive 2 hours home. But I am so HAPPY to be home. If you want to stay in dirty rooms or be treated like 2nd class then this is the perfect hotel for you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed November 7, 2012

this hotel is nice; beds comfy; BUT...if you need a handicap room make sure the beds aren't too high for wheelchair transfers (ask them to lower bed) and the shower curtain is not plastic sticky crap; the casino is a dump ! dirty, horrid smoke smell; slots half working, dim lights, slots not very entertaining; too many old slot games for me !! Buffet meals were good, not great .......

Room Tip: higher the floor, quieter it seems!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kataTexas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hampton Inn Dry Ridge
Ramada Sparta/At Speedway
22 mi away
Home2 Suites By Hilton Florence Cincinnati Airport South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge

Been to Belterra Casino Resort? Share your experiences!