“beautiful facility---”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Portsmouth, Ohio
“beautiful facility---”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The resort is really beautiful. Has lots of marble decor... rooms are large with extra large bath.. bed comfort level average. No free internet..here--You cells only work spotty..Buffett was expensive but good. They had a few shops -quite expensive. My husband seen a polo shirt $110. several places to eat. We liked the Hollywood better overall. And for GOD s sake.. at $250 a night i expect free internet and cell service.. and a refrigerator in my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Martha K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Springfield, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Me and 2 of my friends went as a girls night out . The motel was clean and the food was awsome. We swam in the heated pool then had dinner then we went to the casino and had a blast . We had a room with a jacuzzi tub .

Room Tip: ask for a room in the old section , those rooms are bigger and have jacuzzi tubs .
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I took a mini trip to Indiana to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We spent 2 days in very nice hotels in Indianapolis and decided to spend the final night/day at the Belterra. We arrived around 3 p.m. on Tuesday, August 28. When we pulled up to the valet area, I got out and went inside. My husband waited in the car. Two staff were standing there talking and did not come to the car until my husband began to remove our golf clubs and luggage from the trunk. We then checked in. I decided to not play golf but enjoy some ice cream. I purchased the ice cream and sat outside to enjoy it. Afterwards, I went back inside to request a glass of water. The young lady at Ben and Jerry's told me that I could "purchase" a water. I told her that I did not want to buy water but would take a cup of water. She reluctantly provided the water. I then decided to call and schedule a message. When I arrived at the spa, the receptionist pretended to not see me. The message therapist, Debbie then walked up and said hello. The receptionist then turned around to greet me. Debbie was fantastic and very personal. Later that evening we decided to have dinner at Jeff Ruby's. As the hostess seated us, she told my husband that they request all guest remove there hats. He did with no questions. As we sat there, we notice a small group of people at the next table having dinner. One gentleman sat there the entire time with his hat on. The meal was great and our server did a fine job. It just appears that throughout the visit, several hotel staff were not interested in provided service to us. As you can see we spent quite a bit of money in a short period of time. We enjoyed our time in the casino with no problems. We had not been to the Belterra in sometime but decided to celebrate and we were very disappointed at the customer service received!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Clem0829
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a great experience...Have an annual group trip of 12 old high school buddies and this was our first year at Belterra. It was perfect for us as we also boated across the river at Smugglers Cove. The hotel offers a shuttle over to the marina and restuarant area with just a phone call to security. There's a great view from the deck and decent food too! We yucked it up outside and watched the lake traffic after boating. The hotel is very clean and our room bathroom was very large. No noise at night that I could hear! I recommend Jeff Ruby's for a great steak and you have to try any of the seafood appetizers! The service was OUTSTANDING! It is pricy but I found it to be worth it. If there's a con its there's only the buffet for breakfast in the morning and really nothing else. There might be room service but I didn't check into that. They need to have a sit down breakfast (other than the $14 buffet) in my opinion. Every employee that I engaged was very helpful! All n all a great experience and this group will be back next year!

Room Tip: Some of us were on the fifth floor and it was very quiet, but we were down the hallway a ways!
3 Thank DeadOn
KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

When our favorite anniversary getaway place was unavailable, we came up with a stay at Belterra as an alternative, and LOVED it! After reading many reviews about smoke being an issue everywhere in the hotel and restaurants, we almost canceled, but then found out Indiana instituted a public smoking ban on July 1st. Great timing!

The hotel was beautiful and plush. Definitely an upscale feel to it. Our deluxe king room was very nice with comfy bed, nice river view (14th floor), beautiful bathroom, and fridge. It used to be a smoking room (there were a couple cigarette burns in carpet) and there was a definite smell of fragrance mingled with a tad of smoke, but it didn’t bother us. We didn’t even smell it after a few minutes. I think I was more paranoid than anything based on reviews, but it really wasn’t an issue (and we HATE smoke). We were thrilled to have been upgraded to a deluxe from the classic we had booked.

We were able to check in early when we arrived and they extended our check out by an hour. That really helped with breakfast since the buffet closes at 11:00.

We thought we only had 1 towel, so we called housekeeping and she was there in 5 minutes with more towels and was SO friendly. A few minutes later I found the other towels in the toilet room on the rack. Oops!

Fantastic shower with hot water and lots of pressure.

Cell phone service (our carrier Virgin Mobile) was pretty good but not perfect. Nice surprise since reviews stated no service. We were able to call and text the kids at home.

We sat in the Pavilion for a couple hours each day, drinking our Starbucks coffee and just enjoying the beautiful building. We also enjoyed the aquarium (a barracuda!), the fountain, and the golf course.

We didn’t use the valet service, but the walk from the garage to room was easy (but we’re 40ish. We did see a lot of older people for whom the walk might not have been easy with a suitcase or two.)

We’ve already booked a return stay for October and are eager to try the spa/salon next time.

Thanks, Steve, for your fantastic customer service! And Megan at check-in was super.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank picturemama
Georgetown, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was the first time I had been here. There were four of us there to celebrate our birthdays together. Our waitress was about the only thing I can say was very good. The food was not. I wasn't the only one who was disappointed. There wasn't any toss salad to make a salad. All the fixings were there, but no lettuce. The meat I tasted were either cold or hard, like it had been there awhile. Carrot salad had only a taste of carrots, very bland. Mixed greens, bad. Spag. sauce, tasted like from a jar & just heated. The desserts were just as bad. My whole party was disappointed. I really don't think I'll be back. For the price,thumbs down.

2 Thank Terri N
Steve N, Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Hello and thank you for visiting Belterra! We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy your experience in our buffet and we appreciate your comments. Naturally, we strive to continuously provide the best buffet in the region so we will take your comments to our Food & Beverage team. We also know we can do better so we would like to invite you back to give us another shot. Please follow up via Email with jroyce@belterracasino.com. Again, we appreciate your business and hope that you will return for another visit soon.
cabo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Thanks for the comp rooms even though I gave you the money back in the casino. But had a wonderful time. My husband played golf said the course was in good shape. The buffet was good, but the steak house was GREAT I would come back just to eat there again. Only bad thing was you charged me $10.00 a day for a fridge for my meds. All in all we had fun thanks!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mandy3011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Ramada Sparta/At Speedway
#1 of 4 in Dry Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel

Been to Belterra Casino Resort? Share your experiences!