“High Class Hotel with NO FREE WI-FI”

Belterra Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed May 21, 2012

No free WI-FI? Really? I believe for the price I paid for the room it should have been included. What made me extremely angry is that upon check in they do not tell you that you must pay $9.95 a day for internet in your room. I have a hot spot on my data phone, bad luck for me, no cell service in my room, although it works fine in the lobby. Go figure huh? I was forced into getting the WI-FI out of necessity as this was a business trip. I am VERY disappointed with this hotel! Save you money and stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Steve N, Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Hello and thank you for your recent visit! We can certainly understand your frustration and others have also made this point to us. We have chosen to offer WIFI as an "extra" because this allows us to not charge any sort of Resort Fees as you get from other resorts. We do however, offer complimentary WIFI in Starbucks and access to the Internet in our business center. We do appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We arrived early the evening of May 9th. Check in was great, staff was very friendly and helpful. We took our luggage to the room then went to the casino. Wished I had paid more attention to the room. Our impression of the room was "horrible". Carpet was badly worn and filthy.(gold carpet was mostly black (dirty), bathroom had spider webs with spiders, bed was awful, lumpy and sagged in the middle. Coffee pot unclean. Overall room was the worst. Reported this at checkout time and the resonse we got was "oh I 'm sorry" Not good enough !!!!!

Room Tip: Do not choose a smoking room, if you want a clean comfortable room. These rooms are badly neglected.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Steve N, Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Hello and thank you for visiting Belterra. Please accept our sincere apologies for the condition in which you found your room. We take great pride in the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms and we do better than this on a daily basis. We are, however, glad to read you enjoyed our casino and we hope you will give us another chance to earn your business. Please feel free to follow up with me by Emailing Snewsome@belterracasino.com Again, please accept our apologies and thank you for your business.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

My daughter-in-law and I stayed here as a getaway for both of us. As a special treat, I scheduled hot stone pedicures for both of us. My pedicure was a total waste of money. I have had equally awful pedis for half the cost. My tech was perfunctory at best. She only trimmed one of my toenails, did not clean out from under my nails and phoned in the care of the bottom of my feet while telling us all that you should never remove all of the callouses from your feet. Really? Really! REALLY!? If I pay you $60 you had darn well better ask me what it is I expect! Hot stone part of the pedi was also perfunctory. Stones could have been warmer - altogether not a bad stay but extremely disappointing pedicure performance. The room was great, Jeff Ruby's was good (although for the cost it should be excellent) and I found the slots to be fun.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Steve N, Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Belterra. We appreciate the feedback you have given and the honesty with which it was given. We work very hard to make sure that every aspect of our business runs well and your feedback helps us to do that. We have passed your comments along to our Director of Hotel Services as well. We would like to also learn a few more details about your stay. Please Email jroyce@belterracasino.com if you can remember the name of your tech as well as other specifics about your trip. We hope to have you back to see us again soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I am a frequent visitor to casinos, and casino resorts. My trip to Belterra was average. Average isn't bad, it's just not great. The hotel was definitely above average, the room was; clean, spacious, and the bathroom was awesome. The casino on the other hand, not so much. I understand it's a boat and your limited on space, but it's small and cramped. It's also starting to get a little grimy. The dealers were pleasant enough, but small, cramped and dingy don't do it for me.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Steve N, Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Hello and thank you for visiting Belterra! We greatly appreciate your feedback and your business. We are glad to see you were pleased with the service you received and with our hotel. We have passed your comments along to our casino team as well as our General Manager. We are always striving to ensure outstanding guest experiences at Belterra and we will take your comments to heart. Again, thank you for you business, we hope to see you again at Belterra soon!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

My sister and I visit Belterra in May every year. In the years that we have stayed and played was very nice. However, I agree the slots were extremly tight last year, but the rooms and service was great. We will be returning again this May, so we shall see if anything has changed.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Laverne B
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Arrived at 2:30 pm on a Sunday. Told our room was not ready. Unhappy but understandable. Went back to the desk every 15 minutes to check. Finally about 4 pm went to the room (had the number 768) and found that not only was the room made-up but that it was finished hours before. Went back to the desk and told the employees about the room being ready. Was told that it had not been "inspected." I said "you have got to be kidding." Apparently the other people in the crowd who were also waiting for their rooms were in the same boat. This is a gambling casino we are talking about. They lost about two hours of my play and you can multiply that be a number greater than 20 based upon the other people who were also waiting apparently for the "room inspector." A side note, the room inspector was not very good as we had a light bulb in a bedside lamp that was burned out and the sink in the bathroom was semi-clogged. That is on heck of a way to run a hotel attached to a casino. We had not visited Belterra in years and will not return. We will continue to visit Rising Star and Horseshoe Southern Indiana where the rooms are always ready. We will say that the casino service everywhere except the hotel (valet, casino itself, restaurants) was excellent but the management of the hotel ruined the story for the rest of the complex. In regard to the other current comments people were smoking in the hotel lobby (not good) and the water in the room was $3 for a large bottle (not bad).

Room Tip: Apparently rooms are assigned in advance by number instead of giving the next available room to the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fingerstim
Steve N, Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Hello,

Let us first say thank you for your visit to Belterra! We are sorry to see your trip wasn't everything you had hoped for. We do, however, appreciate the feedback and we have shared this with our hotel staff. Though official check-in time is 4pm we do understand the frustration that comes with not having your room available when you arrive. We are always striving to be the best Casino Resort but we know there is always room for improvement. We would like to invite you back on us so you can experience just how great our hotel is. We know you'll find our service standards to be the highest in the industry. At you leisure, please Email jroyce@belterracasino.com to plan your next escape with us. Again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and your business!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel was nice. I like the size of the room and the bathroom. My favorite part of our stay here was the Jeff Ruby steakhouse. WOW! The food here was very good. I had the Ruby Jewel, and let me tell you that this is one tasty steak. I would stay here, and definitely eat here, again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mbuckland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Sunrise Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Ramada Sparta/At Speedway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge

Been to Belterra Casino Resort? Share your experiences!