Belterra Casino Resort
Fairway Inn(Florence)
$59
$99
$89
Rising Star Casino Resort(Rising Sun)(Great Value!)
$85
$110
Econo Lodge(Richwood)
$90
$76
All reviewsdeluxe roomtable gamesjacuzzi tubseparate showersmoke smelljeff rubybelterra casinoohio riverslot machinesfried chickenplayers cardvideo pokerspagamblingdealerscincinnaticomps
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We visit a few times a year and it seems the economy is having its effect on Belterra. Fresh flower arrangements are being replaced with plants and the carpets in the room are stained and filthy. Otherwise, it remains a nice hotel. Room service is available but, the food is only fair, don't order the strawberry shortcake (it's a hard cookie with some strawberries and whipped cream)...certainly not worth $7.50. I also do not like buffets that, in this case almost demand, you put your tip on the check before you eat. How do they know what type of service I will receive. Tipping is to reflect what type of service your receive, how can you do that before you are seated? Wish they would clean the carpets and get their employees to be a little less pushy.

Room Tip: Classic rooms are different than deluxe.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StephWV
Reviewed March 19, 2011

No bed bugs! room 402 nice and clean: room service is pushy on wanting more thin there fare share of tips. which is added at %18 on to your bill. other thin that grate staff and service: did not win anything at the boat..but had a grate time stayed for three days two nights with friends and family and my better half ...may or may not come back. price was a little high for my taste ...1 .beer $6.50, 1 mixed drink (one vary small shot jack and coke small 4 oz glass)about $9 . dinner $23 per at buffet . long island ice tea $12 4oz with ice 2oz there are a lot better priced boats closer to me... wi-fi $10.00 a day. nothing is near by to go and eat. has a monopoly in the area. closes place to go for anything. ten min. away.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank justmeEtown
Reviewed March 14, 2011

This is definitely the place for fun! We stayed on a Friday evening and had a great time. The rooms are huge and the beds are comfortable. Sleeping was not a problem; rooms are well insulated. Everything was top notch - the staff was wonderful. They even allowed us to check in early. The Spa was incredible; some of the nicest staff I have ever met. The breakfast buffet had a very large selection and was clean also. The lobby lounge had wonderful musicians on Friday night and fun dancing. I would definitely visit again. Not a gambler so the casino was not a major attraction for me. Ate dinner at Jeff Ruby's and it was delicious and the service there was also top quality. I wouldn't change a thing, except for the smoky casino and hotel lobby. But I guess that just goes along with the territory. The hotel rooms, however, do not smell like smoke if you request a non-smoking room. You need to go just to experience the huge bathroom and bedroom.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank allaboutcomfort
Reviewed February 8, 2011

We spent a quick overnight on February 3rd and we are constantly impressed by the cleanliness, service and amenities at this resort. Each and every staff member we came in contact with was courteous, helpful, friendly and professional. The new beds are wonderful and we had the best sleep ever! We love the shops! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank kellerma
Reviewed January 31, 2011

The hotel was nice, the floors in the hotel are separated by smoking or non, it was nice to get off the elevator on floor 11 and not smell smoke. I have no complaints about the room, it was clean and as described by other trip advisor reports and the Beltera. Free valet parking also makes for a nice hassle free check in. As for the Casino, if smoke bothers you, don't go to the Belterra. Vegas Casinos obviously have a much better smoke purge system, as this Casino was so smokey it took my breath away. I played slots for 14 hours and then stayed the night in a deluxe king room. I was still feeling the effects of all the smoke the next day. They do offer a small game area for the non smokers but it has very limited machines/tables. I took a break during play and was going to one of the resturants on property for dinner however all were too hot to eat in. Wait staff from each resturant said they had complained to maintenance to turn the heat down, as they were also hot, but they hadn't gotten the rooms cooled down by dinner time. Not wanting to eat in a hot resturant I opted for room service. It was quick and the food arrived hot, wait staff were very friendly and brought everything we asked for. As for the slots, they offer a variety however most people I saw played the penny machines. While you think you are playing cheap, you typically bet the max amount which is $1 or more. Not a big deal if the payout matched or exceded your bet every once in a while. However they did not, they were typically between .20 and .75 cents. It didn't take long for me to blow through $1000. I did try $100 in various $1 slots but didn't get one win, no one was winning on the $1 slots. Thus, most everyone was playing the penny slots. Overall, the hotel was nice, the casino was very smokey with little payout for the play. Room service was good and it's easy to find off I-71.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple