“really embarrassed”

Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I bragged on the buffett to a group of people I work with. I have ate there several times and everything was always excellent. I talked a group of 16 into going to eat and gamble that had not been before the gambling was fine but the buffett was the worst I had ever eat selections was the same but food was not prepared the same I thought it was me but after talking to everyone when we got back together they couldnt get over paying over 60.00 as a couple to eat that food. i felt really embarrassed for bragging them up and then they let me down.

2  Thank Mark L

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have eaten at the buffet since the casino opened. I think it used to be much better. There were too many seafood options for a Monday night. The fried chicken breast that I finally found after digging..was so small that I think I had about 4 bites of meat. Dessert selection was nice. We had free coupons, but I think if I had to pay ($19.99), I would've opted to eat somewhere else.

2  Thank pamky53
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had the Breakfast Buffet after a lousy meal the previous day at the Stadium Sports Bar.

We had the Breakfast Buffet which was great! We have been more than once, in the past years, and the service, food, everything I would recommend.

Not sure about the Dinner or Lunch Buffet's, but we will be trying them the next time we go to Belterra.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I took my friend to Belterra for her 30th birthday, and we had dinner at this buffet. There were tons of choices, and the food was perfectly cooked. I didn't pick up one thing that was not edible, and their garlic mashed potatoes were probably the creamiest I've ever eaten. I had a steak filet the size of a softball. The prices on Sundays aren't bad, considering you'd pay that much for a steak dinner alone, and the quality was excellent. I'll be back here for dinner again!

However, I'll be staying at Rising Star Casino and Resort in Rising Sun, IN.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We recently dined at the Belterra Buffet on a Friday night during a brief visit to their casino. Early-evening lines were VERY long (it WAS a Friday), so if you can flexible about what time you eat, consider dining later. The Friday night buffet was very extensive, and included several seafood items, including oysters on the half-shell (very good), peel and eat shrimp, cooked-to-order fish, and crab legs. They also offered a very good prime rib, ham, turkey, chicken, pastas...the list goes on. There appears to be something for everyone, so if you can't find what you like, you're not looking hard enough.

Pricing for the Friday/Saturday night buffets can be pricey (IMO)...about $32.00/pp as of this writing -- although I suspect many diners were taking advantage of the discounts offered to regular casino patrons through coupon offers or player's club card comps, which makes it a more palatable value.

Been to Belterra Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!