“Buffet is definitely overpriced and terrible service!”

Belterra Resort & Casino
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I visited Belterra for the first time on a Saturday night. There was a very long line for the buffet so we went into the casino for an hour, then went back and got in line for the buffet. We waited for 25 min in line and I was very surprised that the buffet was $29 per person. It was all you can eat crab legs and steak night, though, so I thought it would be fine. Once we were seated, we went up to the buffet. I honestly think Golden Corral has an equivalent buffet. The exception would be upscale desserts and huge vat of boiled shrimp. The steaks were ok, and you could get either Well Done or Medium done-ness. They were small, but cooked ok...just not much flavor. The crab legs were fine. But, other than the shrimp and crab legs, it was just a mediocre buffet. Everything was cooked ok, except the baked potatoes...they were like rocks! I hope it was just an off night. We had to flag down a manager to even have our drink order taken! Service was awful! We will not be going back to the Belterra buffet...it was just too expensive for the food served and the service.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Go there a couple of times a year and the rooms are very nice and clean compared to other casinos in the vicinity. Several choices of places to dine within. Try their breakfast sandwich on the lower level which is served all day. Buffet decent and Aquarium has a nice menu selection. Staff is very good throughout and if you play golf there's a great course connected to the resort.

Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Going here is a treat, especially when you win. Although I only won back what I played, it was fun! The Restaurant was very tasty and roomy. This is an afternoon trip for my Husband and myself. The drive was pleasant.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Jeff Ruby's at Belterra is a first-class establishment with quality food and atmosphere. My wife and I spent a weekend at Belterra for our anniversary and our friends' birthday. We were excited to come here for our big meal, but had a near 3 hour dining experience! Our server was spaced out and even insulted us by saying that we were not his "big money" table. I later received a call from the mgr who wanted to know about our visit. I was impressed by this and was offered a gift card which we never received. I still recommend this restaurant but beware of slow, awkward service and be ready to sit for a few hours!

Reviewed January 18, 2012

This was our fourth trip to Jeff Ruby's at Belterra and we are always happy to dine there. This trip was no different except the service was much better than the food. The Beef Wellington was overcooked and tough, the au gratin potatoes had no taste and the asparagus was undercooked, tough and bland. Our service was over the top but we were so disappointed in the food this trip. I'm not sure we would recommend it or dine there again.Bill for four $300. The kitchen needs to work on the food as the menu is excellent.