“My Choice Program "Awesome" as is the Casino”

Casino at Belterra Casino Resort
Cincinnati, Ohio
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“My Choice Program "Awesome" as is the Casino”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The Cons:
I have been playing at this venue for years and it has been my favorite Casino for years. Yes it is smoky, yes some of the slots are older and for the love of the 21st Century put some FLAT screen HDTV's in the hotel rooms! They could definitely use more restrooms as the slot areas can be a hike to the facilities depending on where you are playing.Those are the negatives; the pros by far outweigh the cons.
The Pros:
The My Choice program is as good as any comp program in the Industry. When you hit "Preferred" status you receive a free trip out of the Country, a trip to Vegas and Cruises. Not to mention food, golf, spa, hotel, shopping comps, VIP events, special lines, promotions, etc. Elite and Owner's Club just multiply the comps at a higher level as well! These comps and "status" follow you to all of the sister properties of Belterra and I can not find a program that comes close even at the higher echelons then their program does. Even if you are not at a higher tier you can still earn food, hotel and cash comps a lot easier here than in other programs.
Casino Staff: Best in the region. The dealers are friendly, high class, funny and most have been here for years. Pit bosses are fun, patient and treat you like you are valued whether you are at a $5.00 table or a $100.00 table. The cocktail waitresses work hard and are readily available when needed.
Slots: Can be loose at times and then tighter than grandma's canning jars at others. They do have a variety of slots from pennies a piece to one hundred dollars + a spin.
Blackjack: Great variety of 21 derivatives with a few side bets mostly 21+3 (9-1 odds on the side bet) and "Lucky Ladies (a 20 type side bet from 4/1 - 1800/1 odds). Dealers do hit a soft 17 but Black Jack does pay out at 3/2 and there are plenty of dealer shuffled and non-CSM tables available. They always have $5.00 tables available for the newbies as well.
Craps, Pai Gow and Poker are available as well as a lot of other games.
This is a smaller casino but it has world class comps and the Casino Hosts that work here are second to NONE in my opinion. A great "in the middle of nowhere" Casino with some serious Vegas style comps. This has been and will be my favorite casino anywhere and I have enjoyed Casinos from Macau China to San Diego and everywhere in between!

Visited August 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice casino resort with alot of potential”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited Belterra Casino Resort along with a large group from July 26-28th. Here is my review and I hope you find it helpful.

Customer Service:
From the time we checked in til the time we checked out I found the staff to be extremely helpful and genuinely nice. Especially the hotel manager Brock, we had an issue upon check-in and he instantly resolved our issue without hesitation. We were also upgraded to a deluxe room on the 14th floor.

Hotel Room:
Our room smelled like pure smoke, but after we complained someone immediately came with a machine to get rid of it (we had to leave for 2hrs). On the positive side our room did have a flat screen tv (unlike some of ppl that traveled with us), the bathroom was extremely big with a jacuzzi, a refrigerator, and the bed was really comfortable.

Hotel:
Please know that this hotel is in the middle of nowhere. The only thing around here is a Shell's gas station. However, once we arrived I found it to be a really nice looking hotel. The grounds are kept up really nice and once you enter the hotel the lobby is beautiful giving you the impression of at least a 4star hotel. There are restaurants, a Starbucks, Gift shop, Candy store, and a few clothing stores (inc. a $10 store). The hotel was really clean, but the carpet really needs to be replaced. On some of the floors it seemed to smell like sewage, mildew, or a bit of both. The pool area was also really nice...it was a long walk from our room though!

Restaurants:
The food in the Casino Cafe was mediocre, but okay if you wanted to grab something quick to eat. I did not particularly care for it but a few people in my group found the hamburgers to be delicious. I ate breakfast all three days at the buffet and I was completely satisfied! Shout out to the guy who made the omelets at the omelet station, because they were so delicious. I really like how there was a good variety of foods also. We also ate the Stadium twice and both times I found the food to be quite good and reasonably priced.

Casino:
No one in our group had any luck at the Casino. It was really a small Casino which consisted of a boat that was attached to the hotel. It was also very smokey, and the coffee could taste a lot better (usually in casinos I found the coffee to be much stronger and tastier).

I would love to have given the hotel a higher rating but I think it needs to be upgraded a bit. If they would replace the entire hotel with newer carpet , get rid of the smokey smell, and put flat screens in all of their rooms it would be a much better hotel. My husband and I are in our early 30's and this is a nice getaway for much older couples I think. I probably wouldn't return here in the future.

Visited July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Steak”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a wonderful meal of steak and sea bass prepared by REAL chefs. We knew this as the guys were leaving as we left and they were carrying their own knives!

Visited July 2013
Kokomo, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“BAD CHANGES”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Wrong room promised, Filthy used room given to us. Front desk acted like they really didn't care. Then they have taken out double deck black jack, except in the high limits of $25.00 a hand

Visited June 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Golf, Casino, Buffet”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife just spent time at Belterra Casino. Their new buffet more than lived up to our expectations. The room, as always, provides excellent views of the course and nice room conditions. The golf course is beautifully run----it's not overcrowded and allows for a fast pace, challenging time on the course. We even had luck at the slots----what could be better.

Visited June 2013