“Nice casino resort with alot of potential”

Casino at Belterra Casino Resort
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice casino resort with alot of potential”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited Belterra Casino Resort along with a large group from July 26-28th. Here is my review and I hope you find it helpful.

Customer Service:
From the time we checked in til the time we checked out I found the staff to be extremely helpful and genuinely nice. Especially the hotel manager Brock, we had an issue upon check-in and he instantly resolved our issue without hesitation. We were also upgraded to a deluxe room on the 14th floor.

Hotel Room:
Our room smelled like pure smoke, but after we complained someone immediately came with a machine to get rid of it (we had to leave for 2hrs). On the positive side our room did have a flat screen tv (unlike some of ppl that traveled with us), the bathroom was extremely big with a jacuzzi, a refrigerator, and the bed was really comfortable.

Hotel:
Please know that this hotel is in the middle of nowhere. The only thing around here is a Shell's gas station. However, once we arrived I found it to be a really nice looking hotel. The grounds are kept up really nice and once you enter the hotel the lobby is beautiful giving you the impression of at least a 4star hotel. There are restaurants, a Starbucks, Gift shop, Candy store, and a few clothing stores (inc. a $10 store). The hotel was really clean, but the carpet really needs to be replaced. On some of the floors it seemed to smell like sewage, mildew, or a bit of both. The pool area was also really nice...it was a long walk from our room though!

Restaurants:
The food in the Casino Cafe was mediocre, but okay if you wanted to grab something quick to eat. I did not particularly care for it but a few people in my group found the hamburgers to be delicious. I ate breakfast all three days at the buffet and I was completely satisfied! Shout out to the guy who made the omelets at the omelet station, because they were so delicious. I really like how there was a good variety of foods also. We also ate the Stadium twice and both times I found the food to be quite good and reasonably priced.

Casino:
No one in our group had any luck at the Casino. It was really a small Casino which consisted of a boat that was attached to the hotel. It was also very smokey, and the coffee could taste a lot better (usually in casinos I found the coffee to be much stronger and tastier).

I would love to have given the hotel a higher rating but I think it needs to be upgraded a bit. If they would replace the entire hotel with newer carpet , get rid of the smokey smell, and put flat screens in all of their rooms it would be a much better hotel. My husband and I are in our early 30's and this is a nice getaway for much older couples I think. I probably wouldn't return here in the future.

Visited July 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a wonderful meal of steak and sea bass prepared by REAL chefs. We knew this as the guys were leaving as we left and they were carrying their own knives!

Visited July 2013
Kokomo, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“BAD CHANGES”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Wrong room promised, Filthy used room given to us. Front desk acted like they really didn't care. Then they have taken out double deck black jack, except in the high limits of $25.00 a hand

Visited June 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Golf, Casino, Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife just spent time at Belterra Casino. Their new buffet more than lived up to our expectations. The room, as always, provides excellent views of the course and nice room conditions. The golf course is beautifully run----it's not overcrowded and allows for a fast pace, challenging time on the course. We even had luck at the slots----what could be better.

Visited June 2013
Evansville, In
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Nice casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This casino had lots of the newer slots. It is on two floors and seems to be lighter inside..not that dim lighting many of the casinos have. Slots weren't real generous, but I did get a fair amount of play time for my money.

Visited May 2013