“As you would expect from Jeff Ruby's”
Review of Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have come to expect the best from Jeff Ruby's establishments and they usually don't disappoint us. I'm happy to report that this is the case with his Belterra restaurant. We enjoyed absolutely great steaks, service and wine on our recent visit. They recently added a chili rub, which can be added to any steak. It was exceptional. If you know me, you know I'll whine about the wine mark ups, but the selection is good and we found a nice chianti.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Eight family members got together here to visit and have dinner. Luckily, we were all in a good mood and happy to see each other, so that we still enjoyed ourselves. We were seated around 5:45pm, so the restaurant was still not busy on a Sunday. Some ordered drinks and others decided to wait to order wine.
The first thing that was a little annoying was the number of items on the menu that were no longer available. They were changing the menu and it had not been reprinted yet. I think that for a restaurant of this caliber, that is unforgivable. They also still had some of these items on the specials board above the fireplace. Our server spoke extremely fast and we all had a difficult time following her. We mentioned it and she attempted to slow down, but she didn't seem to be able to, even when she tried.
That said, we asked about the crab legs on the raw bar and she recommended something. We ordered it, only to find out that we had ordered a $300 raw bar platter. We were surprised when this enormous dish was delivered to the table, but since we had been careless enough not to ask her to repeat herself, we did not put up a fuss. Also by then we had ordered dinner, so it really wasn't possible to cut back on the other items. Needless to say, we all took quite a lot home in our "doggie bags".
Our service was extremely inconsistent the entire evening. The entrees took a long time to appear, even though we ordered them well in advance. Plus, I was halfway through my entrée before the wine arrived. We had asked to split the tab by the four couples and our server stopped by the table to tell us that their computer was down and it would take a while to get that taken care of. Even after we gave her our credit cards, we waited a long time. Even though a number of things were slow, someone was constantly trying to remove plates, etc. from the table before we were ready. It was definitely not the smooth service that you would expect.
I was also surprised that two of the couples were charged a fee for splitting their entrees, even though we had the raw bar appetizer, bottle of wine, other cocktails, a salad and three sides. I thought that was excessive.
I still had to give the restaurant a Very Good rating. It certainly isn't average. The food is extremely good and properly prepared. The server did warn about the large sides and we knew that they are meant to be shared. I just wish that the service had been better and that we hadn't felt a bit tricked with the raw bar suggestion. I would go back and give the service another try.

Rubys123, General Manager at Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Please contact me at your earliest convenience regarding your dining experience.

Charlie Bledsoe
General Manager, Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse Belterra

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were there for my birthday, and were treated like Royalty!. We were 20 minutes early for our reservation and instead of having to wait at the bar, they seated us immediately! We even got a complimentary picture! Hubby had a jumbo shrimp from the seafood bar, it was huge and tasty! The bread was nothing special, but the truffle butter- YUMM. He ordered Sea Bass and I had the Collingsworth Fillet- comes with asparagus and crab meat on top with Bernaise sauce. It was done medium rare and it was fantabulous! The sea bass came with augratin potatoes. We had no need to order a side to share! Ed, our waiter was very attentive, but not overly so, and very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. At the end of the meal, we got a slice of yummy cheesecake, complimentary, as it was my birthday!
My only negative is that is was very loud, need better acoustics as it sounded like a sports bar at times.
It is not something I could do every day ($109- 2 beers, 1 glass of wine) plus tip. but is definitely a place for a special occasion.

1  Thank madonna_45432
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went to Belterra Casino with family for a weekend getaway. My uncle made reservations one night for this place. This was my first time ever going to a Jeff Ruby's restaurant. I ordered a filet mignon, lobster tail and macaroni and cheese. The steak and lobster tail were cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. The macaroni and cheese was good, but not great like I had been lead to believe. I tried some of my uncle's garlic mashed potatoes and they were totally awesome. The service at this place is top shelf and second to none. I could not believe how polite the waiter was. I probably could have done or said anything to this guy and he would have apologized and thanked me :-). Great job guys. This place is expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great job guys. Service and food were phenomenal. Seafood was very fresh and the sides (while not being low cal) hit the spot. If this restaurant were in any city in the U.S., I would walk away very satisified.