“Nice location. Booked for concert and softball tournament...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Fishers / Indianapolis Area
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I needed a stopover during a 16 hour trip with two young kids. Indianapolis was a good location for us, both in terms of travel distance and the fact that both their zoo and their children's museum were highly rated. I had previously stayed in a different Baymont Inn years ago and it hadn't been pleasant, so I was a little wary of this one, but I chose it based upon good feedback from others on TripAdvisor and it's proximity to the children's museum.

It was definitely the right decision! The room wasnt particularly special, but for the bargain price we paid it was certainly more than adequate. My grandson used the sofa bed, and I was very impressed with the depth and comfort of the mattress and the strength of the springs. The king bed I shared with my granddaughter was also extremely comfortable (or maybe it was the fact that I had just driven ten hours and only laid awake 90 seconds ....

At breakfast the following morning, I noticed a large sports team had spent the night, too. Either they were exceptionally well-supervised or my room was exceptionally well-insulated, because I heard zero notice from outside the room.

Breakfast is free, and many steps above the normal cold continental breakfast fare. There were scrambled eggs under the heat lamp, along with bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy. A kind worker showed us how to use the waffle maker for an exceptional treat. There was a mini-fridge stocked with hard-boiled eggs, milk, and yogurt. There were bananas and apples. In addition to coffee and juice, there was hot chocolate and tea. And there was actually enough seating, which in my experience is rare.

The pool is outdoors, and reportedly is heated. It was still pretty cold for my taste, but I stayed on a chilly day. I'd like to return on a warm and sunny one, though, to take advantage of all of the shade trees and plentiful lounge chairs.

I had difficulty attaching to WiFi, but I was dead tired and probably gave up too soon since I had the easy option to default to 3G.

I've spent twice as much for half as much enjoyment and comfort elsewhere, and I'm very impressed with the way this little place provides so much for so little. I doubt that I'd want to spend a week there, but for an overnight stay it was one of the best values I've ever had the good luck to stumble upon. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hotel was clean and staff was friendly and informative.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

While the day staff was great and accommodating, after a night at a concert and a hotel clearly booked to capacity... the night staff was not welcoming nor helpful. The hotel offers parking for probably 50% capacity and on a night where they were booked full - we had no where to park. From past experiences... clearly anyone traveling to a hotel = has a car. Coming in at night - we tried to find parking with no luck - after a couple passes through we went to the front desk for help - found no help at all. Clear attitude and no compassion for our desire to park in a location with no threat of towing or inconvenience to other guest - we were left with the options to park in a lot in which we could have possibly been towed (at owners expense) or park on the curb... clearly disrupting traffic flow through the hotel parking lot. With complete understanding of the volume of guest at all hotels in the area - parking is of course at a slim - first come first get. BUT after - The hotels complete disregard and rude behavior towards guest - who were trying their best to park in a safe location - out of the way of other guests - We were clearly annoyed and unhappy with the circumstance. If your hotel does not offer adequate parking booked at capacity - you should probably make arrangements at the areas surrounding you to accommodate them. Whether a guest has to walk alittle bit - They'll be alot happier with that than the front desk person telling them to quote "Figure it out - just don't park under the canopy". All in all... With the right tact from employees (at least having understanding for a guest complaint and not blowing them off completely) and correct planning on behalf of the hotel and others in that area - I would have rated it a 5. Good place to stay on any weekend other than a busy one.

Room Tip: Don't stay here when they are more than 50% full.