“Worth the extra planning”

Holiday Inn Express Fishers
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
Toledo, Ohio
“Worth the extra planning”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

When my daughter and I roadtrip, we just drive until we find a hotel. This time, we decided to go to Indy and planned in advance. I found this hotel online, found the decent price and booked it. I have never been so lucky.
This hotel was great for my 9 year old and I. They have a hotel dog, which stole her heart. There's even a photo album of the dog with various guests. The room was elegant and romantic yet fun for her and I. The pool was clean and large. We even used the exercise area. The hotel is close to many stores and places to eat.
The main lobby of the hotel has games for families with kids to play. We spent the evening playing board games which was better than spending money entertaining or watching more boring tv while on vacation. We got to know the hotel staff while out there and the dog, who would come up on the couch and steal the Sorry game pieces when she thought we weren't looking. If you don't like dogs, she might annoy you but she made up for us missing ours.
The staff gave us great directions and information about things for my daughter and I to do. It's a very family friendly place yet at the same time, it has the most romantic feel. I would recommend this place for families and lovers. Great all around feel.
My daughter rates hotels. This one comes in just barely behind the hotel we had in Honolulu. That says a lot when Indy almost tops Honolulu.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ellsworth, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Everything about it was super adorable. Loved the Aveda toiletries. I did have a really hard time getting a cab up from the city though, but that is not the hotels fault.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
McLean, VA
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Traveling on vacation to see family in Illinois and Kansas (some vacation, huh?) with our dog Gracie through Indianapolis, we decided to go a bit out of the way (if you're traveling on Interstate 70) up to Fishers to stay at this hipster, modern hotel. We were very glad we did! We were tired enough at the end of our first big drive day that we didn't want to go out to eat, so we ate dinner there at the hotel bar/restaurant. I had a steak salad that was excellent. The hotel's mascot and resident dog was there to greet us, and to say goodbye. We would definitely return!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My husband and I, and our 1 month old son stayed for 3 days while my husband attended a conference. We had a suite with a balcony. The microwave and refrigerator allowed us to have lunch together in the room. Our room was great and the hotel provided us with a crib for the baby. As a new mom, it was a nice break away from home and I could enjoy the baby all day. I gave our son a bath in the pretty and perfectly sized bathroom sink. If you are a priorty rewards member you're allowed a late check out upon request. I had stayed across the street and at the nearby Hilton before, this is by far the best. Only complaint, now when I say this the room was by no means dirty, but there were a few spots that I wouldve liked to be cleaner, just maybe something on a wall that went unoticed to the maid or places that probably arent on the cleaning check list. I am a clean freak and brought my own lysol and supplies.
Oh and if you like Mexican food go to tijuana Flats just down the road. We ate there 2 out of 3 nights it was so good. They have a salsa bar. I crave it now.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed October 9, 2010

This hotel was located in a nice suburban area with plenty of eating options. The room was lovely and the lobby was fun to hang out in.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Great hotel just off the highway in Fishers, IN. Hotel has a fun vibe, lots of fun colors with a modern look. Staff were very welcoming, room was clean and fresh with lots of room. Free wi-fi, nice little deli bar in the lobby. Close to lots of restaurants on 96th street, most within walking distance, although this is a busy area and it might be safer to drive. I would definitely stay there again. Being really picky but the only thing I didn't like was that I had 4 square pillows on my king bed and I would prefer 2 king size pillows!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank smcirl
Rantoul, Illinois
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We loved everthing about Hotel Indigo. The welcoming, unique (for a hotel...unlike all of its neighboring hotels) colors and decorations....Fibi the dog....the great hosts....the clean room....beautiful bedding....we just loved everything and are already planning our next trip. Hotel Indigo you WILL be seeing us again soon! Great value. Beautiful. Pet friendly!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple