“Great relaxed place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Fishers
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hotel is well placed at Fisherman's Wharf. Its a block to the muni that goes around the waterfront, a block from the cable car and easy walking to the Wharf attractions.
The hotel itself is standard fare. The lobby is large, with wifi and comfortable seats. There is a large area that is used for the included breakfasts. Breakfasts were basic but more than adequate with some hot dishes. Timimg was important. It can be a bit of a zoo when everyone comes down around 8 am but if you go early or late, the lines are gone and getting a table was easy.
The rooms were a good size. The two wer had faced internal courtyards and were very quiet. They were clean. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. We would come again, it was good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Joshua S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fishers, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

I'm glad you had a positive stay experience at your hotel during Fisherman's Wharf - Unfortunately we are located near Indianapolis. Holiday Inn's across the country have vamped up to provide a great experience - If you are ever in the Indy area we would love to have you here.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel New the colors and the furniture. Nice pool good breakfast
Everything worked out well and will stay there again neat pancake maker food is good great location parking was easy and the room was Easy to Get to

• Stayed: March 2013
Joshua S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fishers, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your great review! We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Conveniently located just a 15 minute drive to downtown, and close to shopping and restaurants we are able to provide the all around package. Please come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Staff was friendly including LeVar the night clerk.
The only thing I would add to the prior reviews is that this was apparently a Comfort Inn according to the desk clerk which had a new wing added on. The floors are indeed loud from above; the bed springs creak and echo whenever you turn over, sounding like distant fireworks.
Internet is slow but usable; in-room Speedtest showed download speed of 1.02 Mbps and upload of 0.98 Mbps. The lobby computers were quite fast and modern. Fax machine and printer were a nice touch.

The decor is chic and modern if that makes you happy, but the hotel does show its age with the clunky door to the shower which is solid wood and quite difficult to maneuver. Definitely try to get the third floor to minimize overhead noise. As I write this I hear footsteps the entire time. Be courteous and wear socks in the room to avoid disturbing your neighbors.
The breakfast was not up to par with other family oriented chains but was passable.

Room Tip: Third floor. If you can get room 300 it will be in a corner.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the feedback during your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We are a four year old property that recently converted from a Hotel Indigo, to Holiday Inn Express. With a contemporary feel we have gotten great feedback as to the service and accommodations we provide on a daily basis. I am very sorry that some of your stay fell short of your expectation. We take this feedback very seriously and are working daily to improve any weak area in the hotel. I hope you will come see us again.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I booked our stay at the Holiday Inn Express via Hotwire so I couldn't see which hotel I was actually getting. Fortunately, I got this one, which happened to be one of the two I was looking at on Expedia. Great area.. Located just off the interstate and in the middle of lots of great dining and shopping options. I believe the hotel used to be a Hotel Indigo. I just loved how it made me feel that we were in Florida or another beach town with the decor. Wood floors, blue theme, and beach type decor took me back to the Postcard Inn in St Petersburg for the evening... This hotel is nicer than the Postcard Inn, but the ambience reminded me of it.

Breakfast was just okay.. Biscuits and gravy didn't taste the greatest, but they did have scrambled eggs that were decent, as well as yogurt and other pastries.

Pool was crowded with children and teens visiting from out of town that I assume were in Indy for a basketball tournament or something..

Staff was friendly. Room was spacious. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Joshua S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fishers, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our newly converted Holiday Inn Express. As a former Hotel Indigo we were able to keep the unique boutique feel that definitely sets us apart from any other Holiday Inn Express in the brand. We are also glad you liked our location as we are easily accessible to most of Indianapolis and just a short drive to downtown. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had such a great experience at the Holiday Inn Express in Fishers, In. I was treated like family even though it was my first time at this hotel. The staff was really friendly and were very knowledgeable about the area. Rooms were very clean and quiet as were the common areas. I really enjoyed the fitness center and all the equipment it had. I will stay here again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! I am glad to see you enjoyed yourself here at the Holiday Inn Express, Fishers. Please feel free to stop by the desk during your next visit so I can have a chance to meet you! We enjoy getting to know each guest that comes through our doors. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Good: We originally booked this as Hotel Indigo and I was really excited to stay here as the hotel looks beautiful in pictures. It is. It is also clean, the rooms are well appointed and so are common areas. Pool area is nice and fitness area is above average for this type of hotel with 2 treadmills, elliptical, recumbent bike, 2 spin bikes, universal machine and some free weights. The hotel is also in a good location, nice area, many restaurants within 5 miles.

The Bad:
The floors are laminate wood, which is great from an allergy perspective, however it makes them extremely loud. We could hear the guy above us who apparently liked to pace while wearing boots all weekend. We also had to call the desk on Saturday evening because his tv/music was up so loud, something I've never done before. Breakfast is pitiful. No fruit, only overripe bananas, 3 sugary cereal selections and virtually no hot items. The water in the shower (no tub) took at least 10 minutes to heat up and never got really hot although it was acceptable.

If you choose to stay here, ask for a room on the third floor where it should be quieter.

• Stayed: February 2013
Joshua S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fishers, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I'm so sorry you dealt with some obstacles during your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express, Fishers. However, I am glad you liked the feel and look of our property. Guest feedback is crucial to the success of any business in the hospitaltiy industry. We take your comments to heart and we strive to get them fixed! As new owners of this property we are working out all kinks and striving for perfection! A $30,000 hot water rennovation is in the works and will be completed within the next 14 days. I promse your next stay with us will consist of more hot water than you could ever need! Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

First of all, this hotel is now Holiday Inn Express, Fishers, Indiana.

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. The interior architecture/design is very cool, colorful, and contemporary. Everything in the lobby was in its place when my family and me walked into the lobby, which, after 3 days of traveling across the state, immediately relaxed me. I thought, "Oh thank God, we've made it. Now we can put our bags down and relax a bit." I was traveling with 6 adults and 2 babies, so time to relax is a big deal!

What's even better is how their front desk associate, Sarah, have me excellent customer service. This is what I just posted to the Holiday Inn Express facebook page, today, January 3rd, 2013 :

"Wow. Holiday Inn Express in Fishers, Indiana is amazing.

I've been coordinating with their associate, Sarah, for nearly two weeks, and today we have finally found the power-cord to my MacBookPro, and she is sending it to me.

First, Sarah was very friendly and helpful from the get-go. Initially, I called and their staff found the cord in lost-and-found. My mother was supposed to get it the week after I stayed at the hotel and left the cord, as she was planning to go to Indianapolis. Unfortunately, she became ill and did not make the trip. I called Sarah, and she took it to FedEx and mailed it herself for me.

When I received it, it wasn't the right cord. I called Sarah and told her, then she called me back explaining that there were 2 Mac power-cords in their lost and found, and she had accidentally mailed the wrong one. This was really my fault as I didn't describe fully my own cord. Nonetheless, she handled the situation with great customer service and is mailing me the proper cord today at no cost. I'm a business student and Indiana University Southeast and use my laptop constantly. My cord will arrive just in time for me to use my laptop for school this coming Monday, January 7th.

Thank you to Sarah for great customer service!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are recently remodeled and great. The beds are incredibly comfortable and the showers...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words. Customer service is what we do best here at the Holiday Inn Express, Fishers. Our goal is to make sure that each guest that walks through our doors has the same experience as yourself. (Not that we want our guests to forget computer cords). However, life happens and my staff and myself are here to make sure each guests leaves with a smile on their face. We hope you will come see us again!