“My kind of restaurant”

The Roost
Ranked #6 of 186 Restaurants in Fishers
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
ft mitchell, ky
“My kind of restaurant”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a Cracker Barrel right in front of our hotel but I'll take a local business over a chain anytime. A 4 minute ride took us to one of my favorite types of restaurant; a locally owned breakfast place.

I am very happy with my choice. We found this place at the end of a small strip and on a Sunday morning, the parking lot was nearly full; good sign. There was a small crowd waiting, I made my way to the hostess to sign in and she reported a 15 minute wait. I liked the look of the place, the contented looks of the customers and the very upbeat manner of the hostess, so I agreed.

We waited on bench seats and we could see some of the dining room and watched the hostess aggressively patrolling the room for for opening tables. We were seated in less than 10 minutes.

We both had very fine breakfasts. I couldn't finish my 2(?) egg western omelet, real home fries with onions and a side of the tasty garlic sausage they offer, but I sure tried. My wife finished off her 2 over easy eggs, bacon and what they call cornbread casserole, and English muffin as her choice of toast. The server left her a pot of coffee, which she said was very good, after the 2nd refill.

Excellent

If this were not 150 miles away, I definitely would be a regular. I'd like to try their lunch.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank leccvg

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Breakfast Spot (Locally Owned/Operated)”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Roost is a great casual diner that offers many things but is primarily known for its breakfast. The food is very good and very consistent. They offer all traditional breakfast type meals but they also carry a few non-traditional omelets and quiches. It is very crowded on the weekends but the wait times move quick. Definitely worth checking out!

Service:
Quick, no frills, straight forward diner style servers. Servers are typically young and casually dressed - but they are polite and eager to please.

Value:
Pricing is on par with most breakfast diners. Generous portions and endless coffee.

Atmosphere:
Casual atmosphere with many tables and booths. Dining room is a little cramped and a few tables might have you sitting very close to other patrons making it hard for private conversation.

1 Thank StephenS_Photo84
Oakland Township, MI
“Breakfast is Top Notch!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We found this sort of small, plain restaurant after reading recommendations here on Tripadvisor, as we were looking for a good place to have breakfast...WOW...what a great find! We had to wait about 10 minutes, but it was well worth it. Coffee took a few extra minutes to get, as our waiter was waiting for a fresh pot to brew - I'll take that kind of service any day of the week. We had a FAB western omelette with cornbread-stuffing-ish side, which was excellent, and a Daybreak special with scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes. The food was served very quickly and smokin' hot, just the way we like it. Excellent find if you are in the Indy area!

1 Thank Beth M
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great Food!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We ate at the Roost on the recommendation of my brother and we were glad to discover it. It is a small restaurant set back in a small shopping strip. It stayed full while we were eating. The service was great, especially as they let us sit at our table for 20 minutes while waiting for my brothers. I had a meatloaf sandwich was excellent both at the restaurant and warmed up when we got home. The macaroni and cheese had several different kinds of cheese and tasted great. There were five of us and everyone enjoyed their food. I would recommend eating here if you are in the Allisonville area. Nice find. We probably would have never discovered this little treasure on our own.

“Best Breakfast Ever”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you are hungry and want an absolutely fantastic breakfast, look no further. Nothing fancy, but the food is incredible.

Visited July 2012