“Nice hotel but poor service”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Northeast / Fishers
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
Evansville, IN
“Nice hotel but poor service”
Reviewed July 13, 2009

This was a nice hotel on the surface, but the staff were less than helpful throughout my stay. The phone at the front desk went unanswered multiple times when I called from my room. No maid service even after making the request. Also, the pool was crowded and the water seemed unclean. Too many kids and families for the solo traveler seeking a peaceful night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Midwest
Reviewed June 10, 2009

From the moment of check-in to check-out, we were greeted by a friendly and helpful staff. We chose this location because it was equidistant between Carmel and Noblesville, where we planned most of the activities for our vacation. It was perfect. Our rooms were extremely clean upon arrival and kept that way every day by a great housekeeping staff. The cost of the room was more than reasonable, especially for the amenities. We were more than pleased. The only suggestion I could make is that the cable listing for the television could include a few more channels. The selections were somewhat limited, but when one is on vacation, one rarely has time to watch television. So, it wasn't that bad. We didn't get a chance to try the Great American Grill, so I can't really comment. However, I smelled a delicious steak that was delivered to one of the front desk clerks. We aren't swimmers, but I did notice that the pool was extremely small. So, if you're expecting to do major laps, forget it. Overall, this was a great experience for us, and we would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 2, 2008

Check in was quick and easy an the staff was pleasant. I had a twin bed room the only negative would be is that you have to keep the bathroom door closed in order to open the room door. This wasn't that big of a deal for me. The hotel was very clean even the pool & hot tub area. The pool is heated but on the small side, I didn't get in the hot tub so I can't comment about it other than it looked clean. If work brings me back I would stay here again! Breakfast was good and hot, with a lot of variety!

• Liked — Friendly Staff & Clean Hotel
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Cincinnati
Reviewed August 7, 2008

We were staying in Fishers overnight for a concert in Noblesville. We had originally booked a room at the Comfort Inn Suites in Fishers. The Comfort Inn Suites in Fishers is possibly one of the most disgusting hotels I have ever been in. The rooms were fithy and smelled horrible.

Needless to say we were thrilled when we went across the highway and booked a room at the Garden Inn. The hotel staff was polite and attentive. The room was spotless and the property was beautiful. I would hightly recommend the Garden Inn to anyone!

• Liked — Very clean
  • Disliked — Everything was great
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 4, 2007

This was my first trip at a Hilton Garden Inn and really liked it. I typically stay at the full service Marriott at Keystone at the Crossing and thought this compared favorably - and certainly a better value. The property looks very new and the lobby area is nice. They had cookies at the check-in counter and the desk clerk was very friendly. She gave us two bottles of cold water at check-in. I had booked a rate that included breakfast but upon arrival they gave me a cheaper rate and said breakfast would be free (I am a Diamond HHonors member). The room was pretty nice and the furniture in good shape. Everything was very clean including the bathroom. The desk in the room had a card saying Wi_Fi internet is free and they even have remote printing to the business center for free. Only complaint about the room is that they had one of those nasty fire-proof blanket covers from the 70's. Most hotels still use these it seems - all I do is throw it on the floor right away.

Breakfast was in the lobby and buffet style with hot and cold options. We had the eggs, breakfast burrito, hot cinnamon buns etc. There was a ton of fresh fruit, cereals, breads, donuts, etc. There was a waitress who brought us coffee and kept it coming. One the way back to the room we looked at the gym and it looked pretty good - all new equipment.

Property is right off I-69 so easy to find. There are a lot of chain restaurants, a movie theater, and Wal-Mart very close. Overall this was a very nice hotel and very well run. It met all of our expectations and we didn't have any hiccups. We paid $99 and is a thousand times better than other nearby hotels such as the Sheraton at Keystone.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Champaign, IL
Reviewed January 25, 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night.

Upon arrival, check-in was quick and I was off to my room in about two minutes. The desk clerk was polite and gave me a quick rundown on the property.

The room was spottless and quite large (I had a King with pull out sofa.) The bathroom was of typical size, but extremely clean. My only complaint about the room was that the bathroom door was too close to the entry door, so that you had to close the bathroom door to get in and out of the room. The closet was across the hall from the bathroom so it was also in the same predictament.

Breakfast was fantastic! The hostess let me know that the specialty of the house was Huevos Rancheros. You were able to get this, an omlet, waffles or pankakes, or eggs any style in addition to what was currently on the buffet. Breakfast was almost, if not better than what you get at many national breakfast chains (e.g. Le Peep, Denny's, The Incredible Egg...) Much of the food is made fresh onsite, and the Huevos Rancharos tasted as if the sauce had been made that morning. They were perfect!

I'll be staying here again!

• Liked — Breakfast, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Not in a bustling area...sometimes the traffic at this particular offramp is hard to deal with.
  • Stayed January 2007
2 Thank Jakey450
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fishers
Hampton Inn and Suites Indianapolis - Fishers
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Fishers
Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast
Holiday Inn Express Fishers
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis
Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Northeast / Fishers? Share your experiences!