“Disappointed”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Recently, my husband & I went for dinner. We used to love everything we were served. However, this time, my husband ordered Chicken Fried Rice. The rice was hard & the chicken that was cut in cubes was very dried out. On the other hand, the egg drip soup was very good. My husband is not one to complain so he did not say anything. When the waitress came with our check, I mentioned that the rice was not very good & what was wrong with it. Her advise was that we needed to say we want the rice moist because some people like it the way it was served. No apology. I was disappointed in her comment so I said something to the cashier (who looked like she may be the owner) and she made no comment & proceeded to take our payment. A few months ago, I had lunch with a couple of my friends and all of our lunches were not good at all. We didn't complain. I thought this was unusual because the restaurant used to be quite good. Again, very disappointed and do not plan on going back!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Susan C

Indianapolis, Indiana
“good food for reasonable price”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I eat here about once every few months. The food is usually pretty good. I usually eat the sesame chicken mild with fried rice, egg drop soup, and spring rolls. However, on this trip I ate the sweet and sour chicken. Which was also good. I will note on this trip that the fried rice seemed to be burnt or had an overcooked taste to it. Friends and family have ordered various meals than me and they've always liked them. I've taken out of town guests here for a quick bite of in and out lunch and they've always enjoyed their meals.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank drivesguru
Fishers, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service is great but hospitality lacks”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I have been going to King Chef since it opened. The first owners were great. Very friendly and hospitable. They would go around the restaurant and talk to people and their children. Very nice people. Now when we visit the owners are very unconcerned and unfriendly. The quality of the food is slowly decreasing from good wholesome food as it was when it first opened to mediocre in quality. We used to frequent the restaurant 2 to 3 time weekly but now it's rare going there. Sorry but we're old customers and know the quality of food the previous owners served. All of the servers are gone that used to be there as well. I noticed the business has slacked off considerably.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Michael S
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great food, great service, reasonable prices.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Been there many times and each has been a great experience. The menu is diverse, the quality exceptional, the service first rate and a final bill that is most reasonable. Their Happy Family Plate is awesome with a great mix of seafood, vegetables and a perfect sauce.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank T C
Indianapolis
“Decent food, great service”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The food was really salty and tasted a bit processed. The service was prompt, quick and friendly. We had leftovers and ultimately threw them away as the thought of eating that stuff again wasn't appealing. The search continues for good Chinese food in the Indy area...

Visited August 2013