“Excellent hotel and staff!!”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
Covington, Indiana
“Excellent hotel and staff!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

As someone who has worked in customer service for over 20 years, I am generally appalled at the service I receive at most business...from fast food restaurants to high end retail to gas stations..etc. I was absolutely impressed and thrilled with the service we received at this hotel. All employees that we dealt with were very courteous and efficient.

We did have an issue with the jets not working in the whirlpool tub, but the front desk clerk was sincerely apologetic and immediately offered to let us switch rooms, which we chose not to do.

The morning front desk clerk was just as helpful, coming in the the breakfast area to ask how we were doing, etc.

The reception area, room, and pool room were all very clean and well maintained.

I was thoroughly pleased with our visit and will definitely be staying again the next time we visit the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank anjelique1869

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
CHARLESTON
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We checked into the hotel. The front-desk staff was super-helpful and gave us recommendations for the evening. The room was nice, and beds comfortable.

However, there was an incident at the hotel involving a hotel guest using illicit drugs. They hotel had the audacity to call my room, ask us if we did drugs; totally accusing my wife and I of being the culprits. They told us that due to one guest breaking the rules, they were going to do room to room searches using a drug dog and police. I asked them if they could come get the search over while we were present, but they refused.

We ended up having to go back and forth with the front desk 4 times to handle the situation and we left the hotel because we were so upset with the manner in which we were being treated.

I went to the front desk to complain about the incident and was greeted with a rude gentleman. He started raising his voice at me, saying I was probably a drug addict and that it was his constitutional right to go through our room and bags.

I called back that afternoon and spoke to the General Manager Roxann. She refused to refund my room and said I was probably the one using drugs. She was rude and hung up on me. She was unhelpful, kept cutting me off as I spoke, etc. Terrible customer service and honestly she needs a new career.

Please, do not stay at this hotel. There are several other nice hotels nearby that probably respect your privacy more so than this hotel. This was the most invasive and rude experience I've ever had in my 12 years of criss-crossing the US.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SCOTT J
, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
The AmericInn Hotel and Suites Indianapolis Northeast makes no apologies for its "no drug" tolerance and it's business and family friendly environment that is maintained at all times to the best of the hotels management staff and abilities. We also would like to say thank you to all the " Fish" concert goers who stayed with us this past weekend:) We are a patriotic and diverse brand and welcome and appreciate all of our guest! Overall it is the opinion of The AmericInn Hotel and Suites Indianapolis and the majority of it's other in house guest reviews over this concert weekend that Hotel rules were abided by and that the weekend went smooth and was enjoyable for the majorities involved. I again apologize that we were unable to come to a satisfactory resolution for your particular circumstance and wish you the best on your future travels.

Roxann Leija
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at the hotel two nights with our dog, whom we had to leave a large part of the day because of a swim meet. Not only was there no problem, the staff even helped when the meet was delayed and we needed to leave the dog unexpectedly long in the room on the day of departure. VERY accommodating!!!! AWESOME.
The breakfast is very generous for the price. This hotel is REALLY worth its money and offers a GREAT price-service ratio. Extremely happy customers (who, by the way, travel very much all over the world and thus know how rare such accommodating service is).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Axel M
, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and others know what we are doing right! We very much enjoyed having you and your furry friend stay with us and are happy to offer certain designated pet friendly rooms to our guest. We are glad to hear your time in Indianapolis was enjoyable and hope you will be able to visit with us again soon!
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Was met by Kaylee at the front desk. She was an awesome ambassador for AmericInn. Very personable, friendly and professional. She showed us a jacuzzi room in case we wanted to book one for our next trip, gave us a list of local places to eat and was just all in all, very pleasant. The room was more than adequate, very clean and had all the amenities we could ask for. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean and I didn't feel like I would stick to the carpet when I took my shoes off. Nice breakfast in the AM in the lobby and the hotel manager was very informative to my wife when we checked out. You have good people working at your Indy location

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dave J
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and others know about your experience here at AmericInn Hotel and Suites Indianapolis. We think it is the minimum that we offer clean, affordable accommodations with only the friendliest staff. We are happy to be your home away from home every time you return to Indianapolis!
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Americinn is a wonderful hotel! The bed's were cozy and clean! The breakfast was really good! Americinn had a wonderful size office space! I would really recommend you to stay here! It is one of the best!

• Stayed April 2012
Dover, Ohio
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Nice reasonably priced hotel. Clean and recently remodeled. The staff was great. The breakfast was ok. They had steamed rice on the buffet, but no ice water to drink. Close to many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank carolc80
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I booked this hotel with Hotwire.com and got a great deal, so I'm definitely not complaining about the price. The location is great and the rooms are good size and seemed clean. The only complaints I have are that the lobby smelled strongly of chlorine as soon as we walked in. Also, when I booked the room, I wasn't able to request what type of room I wanted, so I figured when I got there I would request a king bed instead of 2 double beds, since just my husband and I were staying. The lot was pretty empty so I knew they weren't sold out. But when I asked the lady as we were checking in she said the computer wouldn't let her change it. Honestly I felt like she could have tried a little harder to make up happy...I was disappointed that we had to sleep In a little double bed, but like I said--we didn't pay much so I guess it should be expected. Overall, other than the room setback, it was a pretty good stay...

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Katiejo2187
RoxannRLeija, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for choosing AmericInn Hotel and Suites in Indianapolis for your stay. Your business and your feedback are greatly appreciated . I am glad that your overall experience was good, and that you felt we were a value for your money. Please contact me at the hotel direct so that I can address the room type issue you experienced during your stay.

Roxann Leija