“Good food and friendly service - but loud families”
Review of Riviera Maya

Riviera Maya
Ranked #21 of 185 Restaurants in Fishers
Cuisines: Mexican
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“Good food and friendly service - but loud families”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I had the chicken quesadilla app and it only had chicken and cheese. I asked for sour cream (extra $). They gave us one bowl of salsa to share - average, nothing to write home about. Hubby got the beef & bean nachos, which was exactly that. No lettuce, tomato, sour cream, nothing. Very filling. Ordered the churros to go and they were hot out of the fryer and not done inside a little mushy. It sounds like I didn't like my experience, but we knew what we were getting and I would visit again. Family friendly, in fact, extremely loud on a Sunday at noon. The host took us directly to the bar area so we couldn't see them, but we could definitely hear them. Not restaurant's fault, but very distracting. Décor was a knockout!

• Visited July 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Very good Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our hosts took us there and we had good time. The ambience and service were very good. Burrito Maya was excellent. Good options for vegetarians too.

• Visited June 2014
lynnridge
“Getting Better”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We tried this restaurant when it first opened and didn't love it. However, we gave it a few years and it's gotten better. They've improved their salsa and the food tastes better. The restaurant is decorated nicely and provides a nice Mexican atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Try the chicken tortilla soup”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The chicken tortilla soup is amazing...and a meal in itself...priced at about $5.00, it is an unbeatable value. Love this place. Very authentic and nice ambience. Service is very good. I have to admit that I like the tortilla soup so much that I rarely order anything else. Everyone I go with enjoys this place too.

• Visited October 2013
Indiana
“Won't go back”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Since we recently moved to Fishers we thought we would give this place a try. We have been there three times. All three times we've had the same waiter. what are the ods of that? The first time was bad so we thought maybe he had an off night. Guess not he was even worse our second & third vists. It was probably the worst service I've ever had. Didn't bring us refills on our drinks & when we asked him for refills he acted like we were really putting him out. We thought the food was okay. The decor was really nice. We were disappointed because we love Mexican food & eat it at least once a week. I started asking around about other options for Mexican food. We were told to try another place up the road by Target. We checked it out and prefer it over this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013