“Best Mexican Food since I left California”
Review of Riviera Maya

Riviera Maya
Ranked #21 of 185 Restaurants in Fishers
Cuisines: Mexican
Westfield, Indiana
“Best Mexican Food since I left California”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a great, relaxing visit, good foot, etc. Very authentic. Would go again asap. A lot of variety. Salsa was good-not too spice. Fresh chips We liked it!

• Visited March 2013

Indiana
“Satisfactory!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

If in Fishers and craving Mexican food, check this place out. Not the absolute best, but I was still happy with the food. I had the lunch tamale with beans and rice. For $6.50 it was a satisfactory and a really affordable lunch. However, nothing tops El Camino in Noblesville!

• Visited February 2013
Fishers, Indiana
“Great atmophere, great prices!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I have gone to this restaurant a couple of times and we think it's great! The decor is completely unique... you feel like your sitting outside on the square in a little Mexican town. The food is pretty much what you would expect at a Mexican place. We haven't had anything we didn't like, but it's not the world's best food either. The last time we went, which was a Friday night, there was a man going around making balloon animals for the kids... so it's definitely family friendly, if that's what you're looking for! Lastly, the price is right! We spend about the same amount we do when we go to Chipotle or Qdoba... and we got a complete dining experience! I highly recommend Riviera Maya and we will definitely be frequent customers.

• Visited November 2012
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Average but I will keep coming back.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Northern Indianapolis gives a plethora of Mexican restaurants to try and I came here to meet at old friend who recommended the place. The dining area distinctly designed and pleasant and there is an abundance of seating.
The Maya has a large selection of beer, although I'm not much of a drinker.
The menu is nothing special, the usual kinds of selections and combinations of mexican entrees and appetizers. The food was quite good, everything cooked well and evenly and presented like usual. The service was sub-par to say the least. The waiter was exceptionally slow to bring or refill anything that had run dry and we had to get his attention to get him to return. I'm sure that not everyone had the same problem with the service but our section was certainly left wanting.
I will return to the restaurant for the quiet area to talk and for the food but I'm hoping that the service will improve for round two.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Average Food - Terrible Service - Cool building”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

With the abundance of Mexican style restaurants in the Indianapolis area, the formula is hard to mess up. Riviera Maya missed the mark when developing their restaurant. Their building and dining area is extremely unique but the food is nothing great and the service is poor. There are so many Mexican style restaurants with the same menu options within a few blocks of each other in Fishers - skip this one.

Service:
The servers are unfriendly and lack care. There isn't much expectation to live up to at a casual mexican restaurant but these servers are awful by any standard. I believe in tipping well for servers who work hard and do what they can. Riviera Maya has printed in bold letters on their receipts "TIPS NOT INCLUDED". I was also reminded by the cashier that "I should leave a tip". This is distasteful and very off putting. I am guessing they have had issues with patrons not leaving tips, which to be honest, based on the quality service, I am not surprised.

Food:
Average through and through. Nothing special but not terrible.

Value:
On par with similar style of restaurants. Inexpensive and generous portions.

Atmosphere:
The best part of this restaurant is the building and dining room. It may appear odd but it was built from the ruins of numerous building throughout Indiana. The result is an eclectic mix of limestone/wood/misc items built into the walls. It is very cool but doesn't make up for the poor dining experience.

• Visited September 2012