“Clean, comfortable, but drops the ball with the breakfast”

Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are clean and comfortable. I had a wonderful nights sleep. The staff was extremely friendly. They just dropped the ball with the breakfast. One of the reasons I like staying at the Comfort Suites is the breakfasts. They are typically very consistent, egg rounds, sausage, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, waffles, all of the standards. This hotel had no yogurt, no hard boiled eggs, and they were out of the egg rounds when I was eating. They only had ONE waffle maker so there was a wait for it. They only had one employee working the front desk and the breakfast area. She was swamped, she handled it well, but she was swamped. The coffee is great, but they ran out in the lobby. Great stay, up until breakfast.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear AH_78,

Thank you for your review. I do want to apologize about dropping the ball at breakfast. I have shared your comments with our Breakfast Attendants and Front desk to insure we are stocking and staffing properly in the future. Also, unfortunately one of our waffle irons was broken at the time of your visit. I want you to know that it is now working again.

We hope you will give us another chance, in the near future, to reverse your current opinion of our breakfast.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We had a couple of days left of our vacation and decided we needed to get out of the house. Family is on the south east side of indy and this was close enough. The room had a bad smell, but the can of air freshner given to us did the trick. He also offered to move us if needed. We were very comfortable

Stayed: March 2014
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Jayjen 1968,

Thank you so much your review. Sorry again about the smell in your room. I was glad to hear the air freshener did the trick.

We hope to see you again on our next vacation.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a great property and we highly recommend it. Stacy was the manager on duty when we arrived. She was helpful and pleasant. And we received an upgrade. Thanks, Stacy! We also had a late check-out which accommodated our schedule and really helped us out.

In all, it is exactly what we expect from a Comfort Suites. Extremely comfortable beds, and it was very quiet. This property is in the midst of a renovation and it will be nice to see the upgrades to the bathrooms and furnishing when the renovation is complete. We had a jacuzzi in the room but neither of us used the tub while we were there.

Breakfast was adequate as well. Very standard fare with waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, yogurt etc. Pool looked nice, and there were families using the pool. We did not take the time to use the pool either.

We had one complaint - the water pressure in the shower. We don't require much, but my shower was certainly longer than usual just to be able to rinse my hair. I hope this is addressed when the bathrooms are remodeled. Also, the shower wasn't as hot as I would have liked.

We would recommend this property and will choose it again if we find ourselves in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Travelingbens,

Thank you for your great review, and comments about Stacy at the desk. I have shared your comments with the staff.

I do want to apologize for the low water pressure and temperature problem with your shower. I did have maintenance fix the issue.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope to see you on your next visit to the Fishers / Indianapolis area.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel is located close to the shopping malls and places to eat and also not far from the Children's Museum and other entertainment (breweries and music). We liked that the room was clean and the bedding was cozy (several pillows and a nice fluffy warm comforter). Staff was welcoming too. The breakfast was ok - quick and easy choices.

Room Tip: The location is convenient to a variety of activities. The decorating wasn't current but if tha...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Tracie,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. We are pleased to hear your level of satisfaction with our hotel. It is nice to see that our location worked well and you enjoyed your stay. There is always much to enjoy here in Fishers / Indianapolis area.

We look forward to our next opportunity to provide you with pleasant, comfortable accommodations and service on future visits.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have stayed at this property on a regular basis for many years, and will probably continue to do so, although on a less frequent basis because of the issue I will describe later in this review. Its location is very handy for my business trips and the property is extremely well maintained with really nice new bedding and pillows. Unfortunately, this property also has a significant noise problem. I generally stay on Friday nights to attend a Saturday morning meeting, and it seems that without fail there is a sports team or some other group that stomps around their rooms and up and down the stairs & slamming doors until well into the night. I most recently stayed this past Friday on February 7th, and things did not quiet down until past midnight. In the past I have complained to the front desk about noise, but did not bother this time due to mixed results in the past. I also regularly stay at another Comfort Suites on the Southside of Indianapolis on Friday evenings and have never had a comparable problem at that location. Here is a hint ; do not let them put you in a room next to the stairs unless you plan on doing without sleep!

Room Tip: Stay away from any room near either stairway.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Doug G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites Fishers. I was glad to see you think our hotel is extremely well maintained, and you liked our new bedding. We always appreciate guest feedback from our regular customers.

I am so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations regarding the noise issue. I wished you would have called the Front Desk about your complaint, but totally understand why you did not contact them. I want you to know that I have shared your comments with my desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Fishers.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Just finishing up my second stay at Comfort Suites Northeast and I already know I will be returning for a third. Very professional staff, rooms are beautifully cleaned each day. Looking around, you can see the improvements throughout with the exterior lighting and the shop area stocked with plenty of meal and snack foods for sale. I like the touch that adds that if I just need a little something it is less of an event since it is inside the hotel. Remarkably quiet.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Brian R,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your second stay at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear your comments about the staff, cleanliness, and our improvements. I will certainly be sharing your comments with the entire staff as words of encouragement.

We hope to see you soon on your third visit to our hotel!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Just had a lovely experience in Fishers, IN. Near the exit #203 off I69, we had an easy check in and check out. Our room was well appointed with a king bed & whirlpool. A pool & fitness center were available but too tired from driving all day to take advantage. Internet service was very good and the full breakfast was delicious. A nice convenient selection of restaurants are in the area. Nearby are additional stores for shopping or browsing. A treat after a long day.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear jgemza,

Thank you so much for your great review. I am glad that you think we are "A Sweet of a Place". I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay.