“Manager could use some more training in customer service”

Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
Kendallville, Indiana
“Manager could use some more training in customer service”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have stayed at this particular location on and off for the past 8-10 years or so. Originally, this hotel was really good. Then, it took a nosedive and it wasn't until last year we started staying here again. We had a good experience another time and decided to stay again here in July.

We originally booked the room for a Sunday night and Monday night in July...the 7th and 8th to be exact. My son was scheduled for open heart surgery at Riley on the 9th and we only booked the room on the 8th in case we were unable to get into the Ronald McDonald house which was near Riley. We were advised from the hospital staff that we wouldn't know until about 6pm the 8th whether we had the Ronald McDonald house or not.

Per the hotels website, we needed to let them know by 4pm if we were cancelling that nights stay. So, my husband asked the manager after we checked out if they could make an exception given our situation and let us call them by 6pm when we were done with the pre-op stuff. The manager was very gruff and said "no". My husband tried to explain to him again how we needed to be at Riley at 5am for surgery and we could only stay in this hotel as a last resort because of how far it was from the hospital he was very agitated with us. He said that supposedly the hotel was "filling up fast" and he needed to know by 4pm. I thought, if it's getting as busy as he said then he should be happy to have us cancel at 6 so if a guest comes in at 630 requesting a room they can accommodate them, right? Wrong. This man has absolutely NO sympathy for anyone and has no people skills at all.

The funny thing in all of this was that another Choice Hotel, the Comfort Inn at 10201 N Meridian Street in Carmel, Indiana was willing to let us call them by 4pm the day of and cancel. So, guess who we booked with instead? I would NOT recommend this particular hotel. For better service go to the Comfort Inn instead.

Now, I would rate the service "terrible", however, the other staff have always been friendly. I guess if you want good service from this location don't go when the manager is there. :(

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Steelcurtin
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Steelcurtin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with me. I would like to personally apologize that your husband thought I came across gruff, unprofessional and unsympathetic. I have spent my entire career in the hospitality industry; customer service and guest focus is my number one priority. When I hire and train staff it is my soul purpose. I want to apologize once again. I would welcome the opportunity to change your current opinion of me if you get back to the Indianapolis / Fishers area. I can be contacted at gm.in114@choicehotels.com.

Jeff Lewis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Suites Northeast in Fishers in July.
Great service and wonderful room. Breakfast was decent and everything was great. Rate was ok given the summertime travel...
Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Hornet2222,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the five star review. We're so happy we could provide great service and a wonderful room.

We're looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations next time you are in town!

Best Regards,

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 10, 2013

For a hotel that includes a good breakfast, with this location, you can't beat the price. The staff were all very friendly. The free wi-fi internet was good for email, but some basic web pages took a while to load. The room was spacious, with solid furniture, but the air-condition had a mildewy smell. I heard other guests talking about it in their rooms, too. I was disappointed with housekeeping, who never made it in my room to empty the one tiny trash can, or make my bed, before I returned to the room at 5pm. Though, given the sheets on the floor in the hallway outside every other room on my floor, they must have had a lot of turnover that day. Overall, I would stay there again. It's the right price if you're looking for a mostly-clean, basic hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear ddbumps,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites Fishers. We always appreciate guest feedback.

I am so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations regarding the issues with housekeeping and the mildew smell in your room. I have talked to the Executive Housekeeper and Maintenance about your comments to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Fishers.

Paulding, Ohio
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We enjoyed a clean room, tasty breakfast, and refreshing pool time. The front desk provided a mattress pad in response to concern about the wiry feel of the pull-out couch's mattress - new ones supposedly on-order. We recommend this hotel for value and courteous staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear SamuelManz,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel. We always appreciate a positive review of our hotels staff and service. We are in the process of getting new sofa sleepers. I was glad to see we offered a mattress pad in response to your concern.

Thank you choosing our hotel, and we hope to see you in the near future.

brighton, mi
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Room was clean and quite. Room lighting and furniture good. Front desk staff helpful: I visited the fitness room and was disappointed that the only treadmill they had was broken. I spoke with the front desk and they arranged for me to use the fitness room at a hotel across the street. Overall good value for the price paid

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Ghwmi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the treadmill on your recent visit. We are in the process of ordering a new treadmill and it should be here in a couple of weeks. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but was glad the front desk arranged for alternate use of a treadmill. We have set up a deal with a local fitness company to accommodate our guest who needs to use a treadmill.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Fishers.

Crane Hill, Alabama
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stopped recently on our way through Indiana and had a good stay at the Comfort Suites. The rooms were clean and quiet. The hotel is conveniently located for travelers passing through. It is right near a shopping mall with many restaurants and stores. We found it ot be a good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed one night for a concert at the nearby Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville. The hotel was conveniently located, clean, and had free breakfast (biscuits/gravy, waffles, fruit, donuts, yogurt, cereal). We stayed in a King suite with sleeper sofa and my niece and her friend slept on the sleeper sofa. Would definitely stay again the next time we are in the area for a concert or other event at Klipsch.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jen-Jen2020,

Thank you so much for completing a review of our hotel. I hope you enjoyed the concert. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We hope to see you on your next concert trip to Klipch Music Center.

Best Regards,