We have stayed at this particular location on and off for the past 8-10 years or so. Originally, this hotel was really good. Then, it took a nosedive and it wasn't until last year we started staying here again. We had a good experience another time and decided to stay again here in July.
We originally booked the room for a Sunday night and Monday night in July...the 7th and 8th to be exact. My son was scheduled for open heart surgery at Riley on the 9th and we only booked the room on the 8th in case we were unable to get into the Ronald McDonald house which was near Riley. We were advised from the hospital staff that we wouldn't know until about 6pm the 8th whether we had the Ronald McDonald house or not.
Per the hotels website, we needed to let them know by 4pm if we were cancelling that nights stay. So, my husband asked the manager after we checked out if they could make an exception given our situation and let us call them by 6pm when we were done with the pre-op stuff. The manager was very gruff and said "no". My husband tried to explain to him again how we needed to be at Riley at 5am for surgery and we could only stay in this hotel as a last resort because of how far it was from the hospital he was very agitated with us. He said that supposedly the hotel was "filling up fast" and he needed to know by 4pm. I thought, if it's getting as busy as he said then he should be happy to have us cancel at 6 so if a guest comes in at 630 requesting a room they can accommodate them, right? Wrong. This man has absolutely NO sympathy for anyone and has no people skills at all.
The funny thing in all of this was that another Choice Hotel, the Comfort Inn at 10201 N Meridian Street in Carmel, Indiana was willing to let us call them by 4pm the day of and cancel. So, guess who we booked with instead? I would NOT recommend this particular hotel. For better service go to the Comfort Inn instead.
Now, I would rate the service "terrible", however, the other staff have always been friendly. I guess if you want good service from this location don't go when the manager is there. :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Suites Fishers, Indiana offers indoor pool, free WiFi, free hot breakfast, meeting facility, fitness center, evening managers receptions, free beer and snacks in evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Indianapolis / Fishers Hotel Fishers
- Indianapolis Comfort Suites