“very helpful clerk.”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
Peoria, Illinois
“very helpful clerk.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

i just wanted to commend the young lady at the front desk for her assistance. we arrived late and checked in late and asked for a different type of room. there was a misunderstanding about the dates that we were going to stay. due to the fact that there was a misunderstanding, our room was issued to another guest. they young lady did the best she could with what she had available. the strange thing, was that our property was still in the room and it had not been cleaned before another guest was about to walk into the room as we were taking care of the matter. we were not pleased about the room not being cleaned, but the young lady assisted us by supplying clean towles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Troy B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites Fishers. We always appreciate guest feedback.

I am so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations regarding your room not getting cleaned and that a guest was about to walk in your room. The problem was that when you checked in the desk clerk had you sign your registration card and gave you the keys to your room, but never checked you into our front office system. So, we had no idea you were in the room. Our system showed that you were a “No Show” reservation and that the room you were in was vacant. This is why your room was not cleaned, and why we tried to check someone into your room. I have talked to the desk clerk that checked you in about this situation, to assure that it doesn’t happen again. I also passed on your kind comments along to the clerk that assisted you and figured out the mistake.

Again, Thank You for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Fishers.

Jeff Lewis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The room is fine. Somewhat dinged up and a broken table. At least it's clean which is always my top priority. Good location, easy to get to, and friendly staff, but overall just mediocre. I wouldn't avoid it but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Amsmith300,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was very happy to read that you found our hotel clean and the staff friendly.

I want you to know that I appreciate the feedback on your rooms condition. We are in the process of starting a renovation in the rooms which includes replacement of the furniture. We hope to get started in a couple of months. We have already renovated our lobby and breakfast area.

Again, Thank You for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service on your next visit to Fishers.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

overall great.
recomend this hotel, for sure.
friendly, helpful staff in a conveniente location.
i stay quite often.
i enjoy the breakfast, and ammenities.
nice indoor pool, and gym.
everything i need, for traveling convenience.

• Stayed April 2013
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Shane,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Indiana
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have been Choice Privileges members for quite a few years now, We stayed at this hotel last night and used our Choice Points for a free night. After traveling all morning, we arrived at the hotel at 11:45 AM hoping to check in early. When we have arrived at other hotels early, we are always greeted with a room that is ready. We were told that there were no rooms available yet and check in was at 4PM. We were told that a room would be ready at 2 PM and that no guests had checked out yet. I've never been to a hotel where it's almost noon and no one had checked out yet. I asked if we could eat our lunch in the breakfast room and then change clothes for a party we were attending. We were told that was fine. I unloaded my crew and we headed to the dining area. When we sat down, the man cleaning the area told us "NO!" and kept pointing for us to leave. I told him that we were told that we could eat lunch there. He yelled, "NO!" again and pointed for us to leave. He then went to get someone else. Three people including the one who told us we could sit there just stared at us like we were idiots. We just got up and left. Obviously, this man did not speak English, but someone there should have spoken up. We arrived back at 2PM and waited just a short time for our room. The kids went swimming and had a great time. The pool area was very nice. The room was very clean and had nice, comfortable beds and a flat screen TV. Overall, the room was nice. We stayed in room 317 and the the light fixture in the bathroom has been broken and taped back together. Also, the smoke detector needs replaced. The hotel was quiet and we slept like babies. I took my little ones down to eat breakfast at 7AM and there was plenty of food and a nice, standard selection. Breakfast hours are until 10AM, When my husband went down at 9AM, there were slim pickings. He had to ask for more biscuits and gravy to be put out and just gave up when it was an obvious hassle to the employees. It also would be nice if the pool opened earlier. 10AM doesn't give the kids much time to swim in the morning. I did appreciate the late check out at 1:30. Would we stay here again? Yes, if it's a free night, Would I pay to stay here? No way. The customer service is less than average and all we heard was excuse after excuse for poor management.

Room Tip: Rooms on the odd side of the hotel have a dirty view of an alley and trash behind another building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Coolteachergirl,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

I have talked to my team about how to handle these situations differently in the future. We have guest use the breakfast area all the time, and it has never been an issue. I have informed my staff that there is no excuse for guest not to be able to use this area when the need arrives.

As for the checking in early, we do our best to get rooms ready as soon as possible. I do agree with you that guest had checked out of the hotel by 11:45 am. The problem was we filled up the night before, and housekeeping does not start cleaning rooms until 9am. We also had a bus tour coming in that day, and they like all there rooms together, so that only left us with so many rooms for guest checking in. I wish that this would have been explained to you so you could have understood why early check in was difficult.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with the superior experience you deserve.

Tennessee
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here recently for a business trip. This was a great place to stay. Very clean and comfortable. The only complaint I had is that the breakfast was mediocre at best. Every morning they seemed to have run out of everything and nothing was being replenished. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear EP,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

First of all, thank you for the positive feedback concerning the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in regards to the replenishing of breakfast items. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience at the morning breakfast for our guests in the future.

Parkersburg, Iowa, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We are always looking for a large comfortabe room on short notice. We always find it with Comfort Suites.Hotel staff very helpful with directions and eating places within walking distance. Would stay here again! Hotel is very attractive and clean throughout.

Room Tip: Top floor!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with such positive feedback! I have shared your encouraging comments with the staff. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Best Regards,

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Average property. Room was quiet and mostly clean (a little dirt in the corners of the bathroom). Breakfast had warm items (small omelettes, sausage) and a waffle maker. Nice selection of cold items. The breakfast attendant had trouble keeping up with the demand on some items and we saw people requesting the same item more than once. Pool hours were from 10 AM to 11 PM. We had hoped to take the grandkids swimming in the morning before we checked out, but we had to be somewhere at 10 AM. We mentioned this at check out and the desk clerk told us if we had asked, she would have allowed us to swim earlier than posted hours. I think they could open the pool earlier for people with kids. Conveniently located right off I-69.

Room Tip: We always request rooms away from the elevator and ice machine wherever we go!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank slorettao
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Slorettao,

I am so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations regarding the breakfast service and haveing dirt in the corner of your bathroom. I have talked to the Breakfast Attendants and Executive Housekeeper about your comments. I am also sorry that the pool was not opened before you checked out. We open the pool at 10:00 am because this gives our maintenance staff time to make sure the chemicals are at the proper levels. If we have to add chorine or acid it takes time to distribute in the water properly. We will open the pool earlier for guest if they request, once we know the water is safe to swim in.

Best regards,