“New Owner”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ferdinand
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I've stated at this hotel several times over the past five years, and have always liked the hotel. I stayed last night, 3/27, and the hotel was completely sold-out! Everything seemed clearer, more organized, the breakfast has more options, and I now know why. The hotel has a new, young owner who seems very motivated to make that the best hotel in the area, and he's very concerned about every aspect of your stay. For instance, the frigidaire in my room needed defrosting, so they left it open while the room was unoccupied, and I discovered it, closed it and never thought about it again. When I checked-out, he apologized twice for forgetting to close the door, and I had completely forgotten about it. It's the things like that which make you a loyal customer. As always, I'll definitely be back. As with everything, the only two complaints I have are the flat screens are really small, and the idea of having strawberry cream cheese, but no regular cream cheese for bagels.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank GaTrkr27
darla r, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you so much for your honest comments. We do have a new owner and he is going above and beyond to make our hotel the best in the area. We are very glad that you gave us a second chance and hope that you will stay with us again. We appreciate your loyalty. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Not the newest hotel out there but over all clean and comfortable. did well for our needs for a good nights sleep. Breakfast had a few more item more than your average continental breakfast, Pre-fab omelet and sausage links along with a waffle iron and some danishes (not the greatest breakfast around but it was filling and did the trick). Dog friendly but there is a $25 additional fee which I thought was excessive. Room and bed was good, firm bed which is what we like and a quiet AC/heater combo contributed to a good night of rest. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerGEO
darla r, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments. I hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future. You will notice that we have our new Truly Yours Bedding in place and it looks great. Thank you again!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Food in fridge from previous guest. Cleaning staff was terrible. Didn't dare eat the free breakfast due to cleanliness issues elsewhere. Only motel in area so they really don't give a...
Stay here and you will regret it. I was here for four nights while working in santa claus. If I ever return I will make sure our in house travel dept. knows that this motel is off limits. I'll drive in from Jasper or Huntingburg and add a half hour on to my morning commute.
Woke up with bites on my arms from?

Room Tip: Sleep in your car in the parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David C
darla r, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

I am so sorry for the inconveniences you indured during your stay. I have spoken with my housekeeping staff and have thoroughly explained proper cleaning procedures. so that this will not happen again. We will be updating our hotel this coming year and I hope that you will give us a second chance if ever in the area again. Again I apologize sincerely. thank you for your comments.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The room was comfortable. Carpet was a little worn and had stains, looked like blood. The staff was american and friendly. The housekeeping staff had to be a little lazy because we still had food in our fridge. But overall it was quiet and it had a very nice breakfast; lots of room to eat and clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob B
darla r, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. Yes we are getting a little worn out. But we are in the process of remodeling and hopefully if your in the area again you will see our new changes.Thank you again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went to holiday world on the spur of the moment & found this hotel. They allowed us to change in to "park attire" at the hotel & we were able to check in after the park. The rooms were very nice & comfortable! Would only stay there for a holiday world visit.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank peanur

Thank you so much for your nice comments. We hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. We were booked for Friday and Saturday night but after one night stay we decided it was better to drive a 3 hours drive home at midnight after a Saturday night wedding rather then staying in this hotel for another night.
Out of date and dirty:
The hotel is very out of date. There is even a typed up (and misspelled) note in the room that says that are waiting to replace curtains and comforters once they get the money and to excuse the holes in comforters and worn curtains. There was a rumor from another guest that they had bed bugs recently so we checked under the mattress and while we didn't see any bed bugs there were multiple gross stains. The carpet was dirty and had multiple hairs and toe nails on the ground like the carpet had not been swept.
Horrible nights sleep:
Walls are very thin and you can hear everything between the rooms. We were in room 222 which we found out at 7am that it is right above the pool and we were woken up to screaming and splashing in the pool.
Inconvenience:
We were locked out of our room multiple times because the door keys stopped working. We were locked out of our room for 35min (and we had a 6 month old baby and were waiting to get ready to go to a wedding) as they tried to get the door open but couldn't get ahold of management. The employees said that this happens a lot but the owners of the hotel refuse to make updates or do anything for the hotel. The hotel is the only one in the area so they have a monopoly and therefore run a very dirty and broken down hotel. I would not recommend anyone staying at this hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel. Our remodeling is in progress and we will soon have new Truly Yours Bedding, carpet, drapes, and many other new items. We are very excited about the remodeling and hope that you will give us a second chance next time you are in the area. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for two nights while we were visiting Holiday World. Normally Comfort Inns are fairly nice, but this one was not even close to being nice. It is old and run down and the employees are very unfriendly. Their complimentary breakfast was not good and my granddaughter found someone's underwear in her room. This is not a nice hotel and I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PHH65

Yes our hotel is getting outdated. I am very happy to let everyone know that we have started our remodeling and soon we will have new bedding, carpet, drapes and many other new items. I hope that if you are in the area again you will give us a second chance to prove better of our hospitality. Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay was.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferdinand
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Rockport
#1 of 1 in Lewisport

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand? Share your experiences!