“good value for money spent”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ferdinand
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“good value for money spent”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is very remote and I traveled there for business. They had many accommodations (pool, restaurant, bath amenities, etc.) for the rating they exceeded my expectations. With that said, I wasnt expecting very much at all. I slept well and would stay there again given the chance. Just set your standards very low, and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wiscDAD
darla r, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
thank you for staying with us. we appreciate your nice comments. we hope you will stay with us again if you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Didn't have hot or warm water for a shower either morning. Response from front desk "we can't handle a full house". Breakfast was not available for all guest, not enough food. Had to ask first morning for more stock and coffee to be made.

When checking out the manager was to busy to talk to me and left the property. After everything we dealt with for 2 days all they are willing to do is discount $10 off our entire bill.

I'd suggest to stay else where, we will NEVER stay here again and will recommend others not to stay either ~ manager won't care since she is too busy to talk to customers anyway. Spend your time somewhere else where they care about the families.

• Stayed February 2013
darla r, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. We have discovered the problem and it is being fixed. We appreciate that you brought this serious problem to our attention. Thank you for staying with us.
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very new hotel. King size bed room was really nice and not cramped. Shower was larger than most hotels I have seen. Indoor pool was fun but its all of I think 3 foot deep? Nice to have a pool even when cold out. Breakfast was the typical mid range hotel selection. I like that the dining room wasnt cramped. About a 10 minute drive from Holiday World. You are literally sitting on the eastern/central time zone. You will go to the eastern time zone right as you arrive. Thats pretty neat in itself.......

Room Tip: Our room on the back side 3rd floor was nice. However at night the lights on the outside they have s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lovetotravel300
I apologize but, yes our pool is only 3 ft deep. The breakfast room, it is crowded in the summer months between the most common times of 8am and 9am. We have added new clocks at the front desk. One with our time and the other with Holiday World time. We hope that this will help with the time zone difference. Thank you for your most helpful review and we hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Berea, KY
Reviewed September 4, 2012

While traveling back home from St. Louis, we decided to break our trip in half since it was getting late. I had spotted this Comfort Inn on past trips and had kept it in mind for just such a case. I had also visited Trip Advisor beforehand and checked out the hotel reviews for hotels in the Evansville area near I-64 and the reviews weren't so hot so the good reviews for this hotel helped me decide where to stop as well. The night clerk checked us in quickly and efficiently and I was sawing logs in twenty minutes. The next morning I had breakfast and was delighted to find that they actually had sausage patties which were very good and the eggs which were ok. I had migrated away from Comfort Inns the last couple of years because they hadn't offered the hot breakfast and was suprised to see this. We also had the eating room to ourselves for breakfast because the place wasn't hopping too much. I found out that Holiday World (a nearby amusement park) was only open on weekends this time of year and that if it had been in operation, the place would have been much fuller. All the better for me and my family. The hot breakfast, friendly staff, clean room on the first floor (passed the between the matresses and bedbug check with flying colors), sparse crowd and excellent rate (64.00 a night) made for a grade "A" visit and a definite revisit place if I'm caught between St. Louis and Berea, KY again. The only thing that I could pick on during this visit is I miss the duvets that other chains have on thier beds which are washed each stay. They had the old bedspread and blanket and we just threw that on the floor. (Ick!) I woke up and had to get out of bed to adjust the A/C in the night instead of just pulling up the covers when I got cold.

Room Tip: I slept like a rock, matresses are pretty firm. My room was an accesible room on the ground floor o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Garland, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Nicole was super called the Manager and requested a better Rate and she got it for me !!! What a employee!! She was fantastic!! Also gave me some good options to eat while staying here!! Every Hotel needs a Nicole what a super person who was very professional and Helpful!!

Room Tip: Be sure to get your coupon at the rest areas or welcome center! They accepted my coupon even though...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
darla r, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for your nice comments about my employee Nicole. Yes she is a very good guest service agent. We hope that you will stay with us again.
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed here while on a recent business trip, and this hotel was the best of the five I stayed in during the trip.
The check-in process was fast and efficient, with the front desk personnel helping us to find a place to eat. (Homestead Pizza - about 1.5 miles from the hotel was very good)
The entire hotel is non-smoking, and the guests the night I stayed respected that policy.
I stayed in a room with two queen beds. It was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was mostly clean as well.
The bed was VERY comfortable and I had my best night's sleep during my entire trip here.
Some of the other guests in the hotel were noisy in the early part of the evening, but by 10:00 p.m. it was all quiet.
One of the building lights was shining right onto my window, so I did have a bit more light in the room that desired, but that's why I bring "blinders" with me.
The internet connection was good.
Due to my business time constraints, I did not have the time to try the breakfast, other than some toast, but everything looked fine.
As a frequent traveler, I recommend this hotel as it is a good value for the price (under $100).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice comments. We value everyones feedback to make our hotel a better place to stay.
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Well, we were staying the night after our trip to Holiday World. We booked here because it had a pool,free breakfast,low prices,and was convenient. We stayed in a nonsmoking room with two queen sized beds. When we got there they told us that if we were going to Holiday World tomorrow, then we would need to know that the hotel was not on the same time zone as Holiday World. They said our phones would be switching times back and forth throughout our stay. We also had to remember to go by the alarm clock's time if we were to make breakfast. We were then going to go for a quick swim. In the elevator two girls warned us that their eyes itched really bad after staying in there for ten minutes. We thought they were going to get something and come back to the pool later and didn't want us in it too, so we continued on. Boy, we should have listened. We got in and not soon after my friend went under the water wearing goggles. She came up so fast and said her eyes burned. Mine started to burn too, and my eyes were above water! The chlorine level was so high! Not long after, we started sneezing. All of us would sneeze, tell each other bless you, the sneeze again! It was terrible. We consulted the front desk about it and they said they would get right on it. Good thing I brought eye drops or our eyes would have still been like that for the rest of the night. Then once in bed we noticed this cigarette hole In the comforter.  It bugged us a little to know we paid for a nonsmoking room and got that. Luckily, they made it right. Breakfastwas so unorganized. They have waffles,yogurt, milk,apple juice, etc. If you wanted a plate you had to pardon yourself through the line of people waiting to use the self- waffle maker, then go to the other side to get forks and spoons, then wait in line. They had trays that you could use, but whenever grabbed one they were filthy. The variety of food was small too.  That night we tried swimming again, but this time we tested it... It was the same. So that night we stayed in our room and watched tv. And the next morning, we went somewhere else for breakfast. The staff was nice and very considerate. Always a smile on their face. I wouldn't go again if I had the choice, but you could always give it a try. Maybe they changed.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Nicolesreveiw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferdinand
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Jasper
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Huntingburg

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand? Share your experiences!