“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fair Oaks Farms

Fair Oaks Farms
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Fair Oaks
More attraction details
Owner description: The Fair Oaks Farms Dairy Adventure includes interactive activities including 3-D films, live cow birthing, full restaurant, bus tours of the farm, and other attractions.
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I took my family to Fair Oaks Farms on our way home from Chicago. We had never been there before and were blown away by the entire experience. My children had never seen cows before and the excitement in their faces was such a joy to see when they visited the Birthing Barn and were able to see the cows getting milked. After taking the tour we decided to get some lunch at the cafe before heading home. My husband loved the grilled cheese sandwich so much that he contemplated taking one for the ride home. The staff was so friendly and we will definitely be back for another visit soon! We can't wait to see the pigs when they arrive next year!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank BalletMom83

Crown Point, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best stop between Indy and Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stopped by with the family on the way home from Indy. It was an great detour and would have made a fantastic destination. Kids had a blast, and the grilled cheese and stuffed green pepper soup in the cafe hit the spot! definitely going back.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank BlackhawksFan21
Saint Charles, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Hype”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very commercial. Not organic milk/cheese. Not impressed. Unorganized cafe, ordering processes, and they got 2/2 orders wrong. Grilled cheese was ok. Tourist trap. Good place to pee after stopping on I-65.

2 Thank n c
San Antonio, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Out in the Middle of Nowhere...Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were driving from Indianapolis to Chicago, and my cousins and sister all told me we really--REALLY needed to stop at a place called Fair Oaks Farms. We thought, okay, we'll stop...go to the bathroom, pick up a drink...we had NO idea what an amazing place it was! Picture the ubiquitous dairy farm set against a clear blue sky with green grass for miles and miles...nothing else in sight...and there you have Fair Oaks Farms. Not an amateur operation, oh no--this is a glossy, beautiful, modern facility designed to teach, entertain, and oh yeah--sell their products...which all gladly do! They have cheese, milk, yogurt, and ice cream to die for with flecks of beautiful creamy butterfat throughout. They sell wine. They sell little stuffed cows and magnets galore. We bought what we could (highly recommend the butterkase cheese). Outside is a veritable theme park for kids and adults--all FREE. Small, but fantastic. A climbing wall to rappel down to earth. A giant jumping pillow. A tiny little train for the kids. A large barn to teach about the milking industry, and another barn, the birthing barn, complete with blinking sign outside to tell you to "HURRY" as mama cows have their calves right there in front of you. It's an amazing sight! We had no idea it would be such a neat place, and we highly recommend it to anyone. It is quite idyllic out there in the countryside. Note: they do have field trips--plenty of busloads of kids on certain days. I would call and ask how many groups are going on your given day so you can avoid crowds.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank TropicalTexans
Indianapolis, Indiana
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A great birthday! This place is worth the stop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We went up to Fair Oaks for my birthday. It was Cowtoberfest. I had been wanting to get their for sometime. It is a pretty long drive for us, I really did not realize it until we were on our way back, but it was so worth it.

Great dairy tour, though you don't get to get up close and personal. It was very informational. You ride to one of the farms in a nice bus painted like a cow. Lots of informative exhibits and so much for children to do.

Their is a birthing barn. We got to see a little guy come into the world, so neat.

The restaurant, which was pretty crowded, but it was a Saturday was great. Best grilled cheese I ever ate.

I recommend this place to anyone! Especially if you love dairy cows like I do.

Visited October 2012