“BEST CHEESE!!!”
Review of Fair Oaks Farms

Fair Oaks Farms
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Fair Oaks
More attraction details
Owner description: The Fair Oaks Farms Dairy Adventure includes interactive activities including 3-D films, live cow birthing, full restaurant, bus tours of the farm, and other attractions.
Chi Town
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“BEST CHEESE!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

That's really all there is to say...living in Illinois, I have always been told and believed that Wisconsin has the best cheese. Fair Oaks Farms in Indiana sure proves that theory wrong! The Butterkase cheese at FOF is the BEST that I have ever tried (and I have tried lots!) I have tried many of thier other chesses also and never been diaappointed. They do have good ice cream and fun stuff for the kids too, but I go just for the cheese!

Visited May 2012

Chicago
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great place to learn about milk and cows”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The tour here is an awesome experience. They have very fun museum that is chocked full of fascinating info on cows and how dairy is produced. The movie they show is very cool and entertaining. Loved the bus ride tour to the barns and seeing cows being born. Love the great sandwiches, cheese and gift store and the ice cream! Kids and adults will love this place! So clean and so green!

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very fun, Kids will love it. Awesome experience”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Well we got see some baby calfs being born. That was quite an experience. You don't get to interact directly with any cows. They take you on a bus over to their working dairy farm but you do get to see how a working dairy farm works, It was very cool seeing the milking station. IT is very much assembly line style. THe cows know exactly what to do. WE were staying in Valpo & the drive was a little over an hour away but I'd say it was worth it.
Oh also you can have some products made by their cows at the store -chocolate milk, cheese, ice cream. It was very cool. Of course very fresh. I just wish I lived close enough to buy some cheese & take it home! THey let you have samples though. I recommend grilled cheese sandwich with chocolate milk.

New York City, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We read about the dairy in one of the visitors guides and decided to make a stop during our trip to Indiana. We had a great time. Purchased the adventure pass ($12 per adult) which includes bus tour of the dairy, 4D movie, tons of interactive informative exhibits, birthing barn, and plenty of activities for the kiddies both indoors and out. But not just for little ones, our 17 year-old had a great time as well. We were there for 3 hours and only left because it was closing time. About an hour of this time was spent in the birthing barn where we did get to see a calf being born and got to see the "new born" calfs delivered earlier that day. Amazing how they were up and walking around within such a short time of birth. We also spent a fair amount of time sampling all of the cheese in the cheese barn and having lunch. Lines were a little long, but the grilled cheese, refreshing milk and icecream were worth the wait! These are not wimpy grilled cheese sandwiches, my daughter and I could've been okay with a half sandwich each. All three grilled cheese options were delicious: Swiss, Classic Chedder and I had the Harvarti Pepper.

chicago
“What a great place”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stopped in today on the way home from Indy after seeing al the billboards, Have to say the Restaurant gets pretty crowded but the lines move very fast. I have never been here before but have always wanted to stop and I am glad I did. I ordered one of the famous grilled cheese sandwiches and a milk to drink, at first I was a little disappointed that they where out of there milk but after talking to the manager for about 15 minutes about the new yogurt they are making and the reason their plant is down I cant wait to stop in again and see whats new. The sandwich was awesome and the people very nice.