“Slept Well” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Slept Well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is the second time we've left I64 to venture into the outskirts of Evansville for our overnight stop. Last time we staying in the LaQuinta, and this was far better. It was clean, quiet, and a bit farther from I69 so you don't feel like you're staying on the highway. Drury now charges 10$ for a dog, but we don't really mind a small fee. Like the LaQuinta, there aren't great places to run the dog, though I made an acceptable loop through a shopping center with Kohl's and Lowes, which is fine before stores open. The workout room had pretty new equipment, but no floor. It is small like most in this class of hotel. There was one set of hand weights.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Before I mention the hotel I must give accolades to James! He wore so many "hats" during our stay and was always helpful and courteous.
Our room was convenient, just steps off of the elevator, and clean. The beds are comfy and we both slept extremely well . . . possibly because we spent the entire day @ Holiday World. Our puppies were well received and the dog walking area was very close and easily accessible. (Hubby really enjoyed the perpetual popcorn)
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Denise P
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We always stay here while in town for the WC Handy Blues and BBQ Festival in Henderson Kentucky. We love the breakfast and kick start in the afternoons. We stayed Friday through Sunday but when we came back to our room Saturday afternoon it had not been cleaned. Front desk offered to move us to a clean room. That would have been a lot of trouble so we just had them bring us clean towels and toilet paper. Very accommodating staff and overall a great weekend trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marcus H
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Evansville East, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. While I'm glad to hear you had a pleasant stay overall, the issue you experienced was handled poorly and I want to apologize. Regardless of why your room did not receive service during the normal cleaning period that day, it would never be a convenient or acceptable solution to ask you to relocate. We will use this as a training opportunity and I will personally address how to better handle situations like this with our team. Additionally, I would love the opportunity to discuss the matter with you directly to have a better understanding of the details of your stay, if you have the time . I would also like the chance to make this right for you. This is not the stay we promise to every one of our guests, and I want you to be confident that we are correcting it. Feel free to contact me at your convenience at the number listed below.

Thank you again for your patronage and feedback,
Chris Garey
812-471-3400
Mount Carmel, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

There were four of us ladies and we rented a suite that had the pull out sofa. The room was a great size, it was extremely clean, and smelled great when you walked in the room. The furniture was comfortable. The bed was perfect and theu actually gave plenty of towels and pillows without having to ask. This place was packed but still want loud. The front desk people were nice and helpful. The hot tub at this hotel was amazing. They serve food in the evening and free fountain drinks. The breakfast buffet was great. They even had make your own omelets. I would stay here again, and will continue to look for Drury as we travel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tasha E
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Easy check-in. Friendly and helpful customer service. Clean inside and out. I commented on how well-done the landscaping is.
My favorite thing is quiet time which is enforced at 10:00 p.m. No kids (or adults) running up and down the hall after 10 p.m. This hotel also offered free breakfast consisting of a eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles and so much more. Also had free dinner and drinks (cocktails). Coffee and popcorn were always available in the lobby. Very nice lobby that you could sit and enjoy a book or big screen tv.
My room was very nice and clean. Loved the big bathroom. Bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. Loved that!
O'Charley's is next door with a large patio overlooking a small pond. I liked that we could walk next door for dinner and enjoy their patio to watch the ducks swim.
There is not one thing that I didn't like about this hotel. I would definitely stay again and recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Indy, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

It was my granddaughter's 7th birthday and she loves to swim. We arrived at 4 PM and went to the room to change. She swam and I got to enjoy some free wine by the pool. The free supper was macaroni and cheese, chili, hot dogs and baked potatoes. She was thrilled! We later took some veggies and dip back to the room for snacks. The room was spacious and clean. Everyone on the staff was smiling and friendly. She had a wonderful birthday and I spent less than Chuckie Cheese. Highly recommend! By the way, it's a state law that everyone MUST wear shoes in public eating areas. The state could shut down the Drury's restaurant if they allowed even 4 yr. olds to wander around without shoes. Broken glass etc. is always a possibility in a restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank qcliffy
Newburgh, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Breakfast staff was rude, kicked my 4 yr old son out because he was in his pajamas and no shoes on. This after waiting 10 minutes for the elevator to get down to breakfast. 10 minute wait again for the elevator back up, put his flip flops on ... Because yeah there's a lot of difference between bare feet and flip flops, then had another long wait for the elevator back down only to find every table full in the dining and main foyer area so we had nowhere to sit. We just packed up and decided to leave. $149 a night for this and no breakfast. They stuck it to us because we were local and had a massive power outage all over the area. I went to lodge a complaint on the way out at the front desk and after standing there for at least 5 minutes, probably 10 minutes, no staff was in sight so I left. This place was awful and I'll sleep in a tent in my backyard before I'll ever stay at this place again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Bill M
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Evansville East, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I want to apologize for the experience you had at our hotel this past weekend. While dealing with a difficult situation during the power outage, we obviously compounded the problem by giving you a stay that was far below your standards, as well as ours. Great customer service is our primary goal for every guest, and it is very apparent that we failed in that effort during your stay.

I want to clarify that we are required by the Vanderburgh County Health Department to make sure all guests are in shoes and proper attire while food is being served. And I want you to know that it was not our intention to single you out or make you uncomfortable. While we are mandated by the county to enforce the policy, it is clear from your feedback that we should have done so more tactfully and in a way that did not impact your stay so negatively.

If you have a moment, please feel free to contact me at the hotel to discuss any questions or additional concerns you may have. I truly hope you will give my team another opportunity to earn your business. We would love to have you as our guest again and show you the level of service and accommodations that we strive for and are proud of at Drury Hotels.

Chris Garey