“A Little Dreary”

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Nashville, Tennessee
“A Little Dreary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

With a name like Drury you're begging to be made fun of. Granted, there aren't that many hotel options in the bustling metropolis that is Evansville, IN, but I'd probably try something different if I return. The rooms are perfectly comfortable but the dining area felt a little dreary. The breakfast was not enjoyable (the scrambled eggs in particular) but not entirely inedible. All in all, perfectly acceptable and comfortable for an economy hotel - especially for families traveling on a budget - but for business travel I prefer a little more sophistication and a better breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Evansville East, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. I'm glad your stay with us was comfortable, but I'm sorry you found the breakfast options less than you were expecting. As a company, we are always reviewing new items to improve selection and quality in both our Hot Breakfast and 5:30 Kickback. We appreciate the feedback; and I hope you will return in the future to see what we come up with!"

Chris Garey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Recently stayed overnight with two grandchildren ages 7 and 9. During check-in I was required to sign a statement to the effect that there would be no loud partying in my room during my stay. However, during the 5:30 Kick-Back there was a table of 8-10 adults playing some sort of gambling game with dice and money. They were quite loud and disturbing as they engaged in activity that seemed, to me, to be very inappropriate for the setting. Staff persons were in close proximity and no one said anything to them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I want to apologize for the group that disrupted your enjoyment of our 5:30 Kickback service. We try to balance the volume level in our public areas with the enjoyment of our guests, and we obviously failed during your visit. If you ever encounter a problem during your stay, please let us know, so we can help right away. Someone is always available at our front desk to respond to guest issues, including noise.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the peaceful and relaxing stay you have come to expect.

Chris Garey
French Lick, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the free meal and drinks at the 5:30 kickback. The oversized king suite was very nice and the bed was comfortable. The only drawback to the suite was that the neighboring room almost extended into the our living room. We could hear most of the conversations next door! However, we aren't that picky about this sort of thing and the noise didn't bother us. The bedroom was much quieter and we didn't have any noise issues at all there. The free breakfast was very good. Overall this is a very good value considering the two free meals. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank InBrown5
Evansville, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Our AC went out on the hottest day in July. We stayed at the Drury Inn for one night. Staff was very courteous and professional. The room was cool, clean refreshing. For out of town visitors, the location is close to shopping and restaurants. Bar Louie is just down the block- great food and atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank LisaWithrow
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Overall, our experience at this hotel was a good one but we had to overlook some things that were not the fault of the property or it's management. They have a great pet policy and a nice breakfast each morning with drinks and snacks each evening. The rooms felt a little stale, but were clean. Every employee at the hotel was friendly, professional and concerned about our experience. Unfortunately, our stay happened to coincide with a baseball/softball tournament in town. The staff placed us on a floor away from the kids, but nothing could isolate us from the teams of kids taking over breakfasts and food/drinks in the evening. Using the pool was out of the question. I believe that serving free drinks and snacks in the evening invites a certain type of customer that hopes to save on the cost of an evening meal by filling up on the hotel offerings. The location of the hotel was ideal and there are many options for food/drink and entertainment nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nothing but nice things to say about this hotel and its staff. I had never stayed at a Drury's before and was very pleased across the board. They are also pet friendly.

Eat at Biaggi's abot two lights away. An excellent, well run establishment with outstanding food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WHH
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

The physical facility of this Drury is nice. Pretty clean and rooms are nice - comfortable beds. The staff is really top notch - some of the friendliest and most helpful staff I've met. Unfortunately, the two rooms I stayed in both had very heavy smoke smell in them. The first blasted me from the door, so I asked for and received a new room (and was told that the room would be taken off the available list until the matter could be addressed). The second room seemed fine - until I turned up the AC - and again was just blasted with stale smoke smell. At that point I'd unpacked and decided to suck it up for the night - but I had a terrible night's sleep because I could not get used to the rank smell. I don't know if the facility recently converted to non-smoking (and they need to seriously clean the AC units) or if I happened to get rooms that had smokers in them . . .but . . . well, I would advise you turn the ventillation system on as soon as you get in the room and wait - before you unpack.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business