“Not the same as before......”

Drury Inn & Suites Evansville East
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Kentucky
“Not the same as before......”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I want to start this review by stating the staff at Drury Inn was very professional and pleasant. That being said, I couldn't have imagined the almost night we had there.

I had booked my room on points. When we arrived we were given a room on the 6th floor (never stayed on this floor before even though we had been there multiple times). Our room was directly to the left of the elevator, kind of in a corner. The first thing I noticed was it was really small and looked different compared to the other times we had stayed. Upon room inspection there were quite a few hairs in the sheets. The bedding was the old bedding of white spread and red runner on the bottom. The pillows were dingy and the entire room had a funny smell to it.

Needless to say, I went downstairs and asked to be moved rooms....no questions asked it was done.

Upon entering the 2nd room I noticed that it was WAY bigger and everything was updated. I was kiind of surprised a loyal Drury customer booking on points was given the first room we were (or anyone for that matter). If that was what I get for booking on points, then it won't happen again!

Room seemed clean...did the customary initial checks and then we went out.

After coming back for some reason I thought I needed to check again. I looked behind the mattress and something really gross looking was on the walls and hairs were everywhere between the mattress. Mattress also had some rips in it. Long story short, we decided to checkout.

At checkout, I again wasn't asked any questions and was kind of surprised they didn't question it at all. I told them I left the mattress pulled out so they could look and they did offer to return my points to me. They were very quick and quiet to accommodate me which leads me to wonder if this sort of thing happens often.

I doubt I will give this hotel another chance, not after two rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Evansville East, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
The issues you experienced at your recent stay with us were unacceptable, and I want to offer our deepest apologies that it did not meet with the level of quality you have come to expect from us. While I am glad the team treated you with courtesy and professionalism, I want you to be certain that we regard issues of room cleanliness with the utmost concern and have worked to correct these items immediately. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the experience you deserve.

Chris Garey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed January 23, 2013

You cannot beat Drury Inn & Suites for consistent hospitality, great breakfast- 1hour free calls- even long distance... Lite dinner & drinks in the evening... Close to shopping, casino, off trace horse racing, and BEST of all... Pet friendly! No extra fees or prior approval. Be sure to sign up for the gold key club to accrue points for free night stays or other perks.

This hotel is a short drive away from historic river town Newburg, IN. Evansville offers a host of festivals and attractions, I always book at Drury Inn & Suites and enjoy my stay with my miniature schnauzer.

Room Tip: Ask for special rates or discounts.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Waterford, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was traveling with a crew of 12 to 16 people on a 3 week road trip. We were here for a week and I wish the other places we stayed would have been half as nice. After working a 12 to 14 hour day it sure was nice to come back to a well cleaned room a short happy hour, and when you closed the door to your room COMPLETE SILENCE ! The hotel staff was very helpful and profesional.

Room Tip: If your goal is a good nights sleep I would choose a floor above 3.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was our third stay but the first time with a pet. We did not know what to expect with having a pet with us but we found the staff was extremely friendly, helpful and considerate as usual. This hotel has always been clean and comfortable and we will stay here again. The snacks in the evening and breakfast are bonuses.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This location boasts Reasonable rates, nice staff, good hot breakfast. We had no complaints. We stayed overnight on a Saturday.. There happened to b a kids basketball tournament and there were about 500 kids running around the hotel.. The lack of parental supervision was appalling. The staff handled it perfectly.. A+++++

Room Tip: Any room will probably be a good choice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TwylaMae197
La Grange
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This Drury has a very helpful, friendly staff. Plus the perks of having free popcorn, and free food for supper and an excellent breakfast made it a really fun place to stay. It is in a nice area. We were there for a soccer tournament and they even expanded breakfast hours to open at 6 a.m. for those who had to be at the soccer fields by 7:30 a.m. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating is the rooms have double beds which aren't the best for large or tall people.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel was very clean, staff was great, reasonably comfortable beds. We couldn't have asked for a better location. Very easy to get to. We were there for a college visit to the University of Evansville and it was a short easy drive to the campus. The room we stayed in wasn't "big" in any way, but it was just fine for what we needed. There was a separate vanity area from the restroom, with a wall dividing it from the the sleeping area which worked out great since there was 3 of us and I get up way earlier than my hubby and son. I could shower and get ready without waking them. The location is perfect. Within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. Seemed like a very safe area. The complimentary breakfast wasn't anything fancy but it was very good. Quite a few choices. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family