I want to start this review by stating the staff at Drury Inn was very professional and pleasant. That being said, I couldn't have imagined the almost night we had there.
I had booked my room on points. When we arrived we were given a room on the 6th floor (never stayed on this floor before even though we had been there multiple times). Our room was directly to the left of the elevator, kind of in a corner. The first thing I noticed was it was really small and looked different compared to the other times we had stayed. Upon room inspection there were quite a few hairs in the sheets. The bedding was the old bedding of white spread and red runner on the bottom. The pillows were dingy and the entire room had a funny smell to it.
Needless to say, I went downstairs and asked to be moved rooms....no questions asked it was done.
Upon entering the 2nd room I noticed that it was WAY bigger and everything was updated. I was kiind of surprised a loyal Drury customer booking on points was given the first room we were (or anyone for that matter). If that was what I get for booking on points, then it won't happen again!
Room seemed clean...did the customary initial checks and then we went out.
After coming back for some reason I thought I needed to check again. I looked behind the mattress and something really gross looking was on the walls and hairs were everywhere between the mattress. Mattress also had some rips in it. Long story short, we decided to checkout.
At checkout, I again wasn't asked any questions and was kind of surprised they didn't question it at all. I told them I left the mattress pulled out so they could look and they did offer to return my points to me. They were very quick and quiet to accommodate me which leads me to wonder if this sort of thing happens often.
I doubt I will give this hotel another chance, not after two rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Drury Inn & Suites Evansville East provides convenient access to Evansville Regional Airport, University of Southern Indiana and University of Evansville, Drury Inn & Suites East - perfect for business or leisure travelers. Relax in our clean, comfortable rooms and enjoy free hot breakfast and complimentary 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Evansville East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Evansville East
- Drury Inn & Suites Evansville East Hotel Evansville
- Drury Inn Evansville
- Drury Evansville
- Evansville Drury