“An Okay Stay During Trip to Holiday World” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville

Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Tupelo, Mississippi
“An Okay Stay During Trip to Holiday World”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was one of the only hotels that had a vacant, non-smoking room with a double bed that we could find on our recent trip to Holiday World.

Pros: Free breakfast that included gravy & biscuit, eggs, waffles, etc., indoor pool and hot tub, shares a parking lot with Denny's, rates are reasonable for the area

Cons: Froze while taking a shower due to icy cold bursts of water, door wouldn't lock when we went to get dinner, odd railing/room divider that reminded me of a jailcell

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I reserved a 2 night stay in November for my daughters soccer tournament. We were supposed to arrive on Friday but I called on Wednesday to cancel. I know it was that day since my daughter went to the doctor and was told she couldn't play. I was told no problem yet a week later I find my card was charged $120. I called to speak to the owner "George" and he told me he'd look into it and call me back. He never has and I've left several messages. Stay away from this place.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ted W
Carlyle, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I travel across the heart of the midwest for business. I decided to commit to a popular chain and make a conscious effort to book my stays at the Holiday Inn Express properties. The hotel at Scottsburg, IN impressed me. The Evansville, IN hotel DID NOT. I booked a single for a weekday. I checked in before 5 pm and was provided a comfortable room on the 2nd floor. Room was clean, reasonably well furnished and warmed up quickly on a cold winter evening. The front desk staff was adequate, appeared sensible, professional, and offered a warm welcome. The lobby dining area appeared comfortable, included an impressive large flat screen TV and up-scale tables and chairs with contemporary furnishings that would most likely provide a classy, hot breakfast in the morning. I was pleased.
However, around 11:45 pm I was awakened by loud noises in the third floor room directly above me - and it WAS NOT Santa and his reindeer. It sounded like the cast of Riverdance checked into room 315 and were dragging their stage equipment across the floor and practicing their closing number on the floor directly above my bed. It is challenging enough to get to sleep on the road, when you are in bed by 10, sound asleep and then wakened around midnight by guests arriving in a room directly above you - it is maddening.
It appears that the young man working the night shift at the front desk checked in some late arrivals and put them in the room directly above me. I noticed at "lights out" and again at sunrise that the hotel parking lot was nearly empty; signaling to me that the hotel was not fully booked.
With the morning alarm, I rose and headed down to the main floor to try out the tread mill in the exercise "closet" only to to be disappointed once again that the tread mill did not operate. I searched around the room and noticed a matchbook cover taped to the second tread mill with a tiny sign stating: "see front desk for key to operate the device" - WHAT! I gave up and climbed the stairs back to my 2nd floor room - briefly considered a soak in the hot tub but, unfortunately, it was closed for re-painting as the sign indicated.
So, if you find yourself at the Evansville, IN exit on I64 - I recommend trying the Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: ASK FOR A ROOM ON THE 3RD FLOOR AT CHECKIN. Try the warm sweat rolls at breakfast; they are very go...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Steve B
Grand Blanc, Mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here December 8th on our way to Nashville and found the place to be very nice with very friendly employees. Price was $62 for the two of us with a light buffet in the evening (!) and a great breakfast. Room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay again and recommend it to all. Any dirtiness as noted by other reviewers must have been due to the construction--it certainly is not dirty now!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel also during the soccer team stay, the hotel was packed. Everyone was having a great time and everybody was so polite. The staff all worked very hard to keep everyone happy and comfortable. Off course during a remodel there are going to b a few messes. But know its all for the better is exciting.,cant wait to see what all is accomplished. The owner is very hands on and all about customer satisfaction. There were animals tin the hotel and that's expected because they are pet friendly!! Which being a pet owner I can appreciate. I have stayed at this hotel off and on since 1996 and this year my 4 kids and I had a the best time yet. They really make u feel like Family! I would recommend this hotel over any and all hotels in Evansville, Henderson, and Princeton locations. God Bless All
Ttdog

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Ttdogg
Normal, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here with a girls' soccer teams for a weekend and once we arrived we tried to find a different hotel. When we drove up we noticed the front was run down and there was scaffolding around the building. Inside it looked like a dump. The carpet was FILTHY. You could actually see the dust on it. Our room was outdated and also very dirty. There was actual garbage from the last guest in the bathroom floor. No little bottles of shampoo, they just put a dispenser on the wall. And the toilet barely flushed and ran all night. The garbage was never emptied and the bed wasn't made during our stay. The fourth floor had an incredible urine scent. The team was told that a man with dogs has been there 3 weeks and won't leave. Stay away!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Shoeless28
Winthrop Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was the most Fabulous stay. The staff was so Incredible, they treated us like family. We we're in town to visit our family and they made my grandbabies feel so special. They went out of their way to meet every need we had. The hotel was very very clean and comfortable. It's location is excellent also. So YES were going back. Thank You to owner and staff for making our trip the best one yet.

• Stayed October 2013