“One night stay”

Super 8 Evansville East
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I had a good experience here for a Super 8. I wasn't expecting much, had never stayed at a Super 8 but I had heard horror stories. The lobby wasn't that inviting, but we paid minimal for the room and it was just a buddy and I in town for a concert. Was an ok place for the amount that we paid.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mitchell2013

Reviewed October 5, 2011

PROS
* Easy access to I-64
* Easy Check-in & Parking
* Spacious Room
* Firm Beds
* McDonald's, Arby's and Denny's located next door

CONS
* Hair left in the shower from previous occupant
* Grungy bathroom tile
* Worn linens & towels (like fine sandpaper)
* Only two bath towels (rationed?)
* Inconvenient outlet location in bathroom
* No complimentary hair conditioner (I asked)
* Loud bathroom fan
* Bathroom wallpaper seams lifting out
* Old, bulky TV (dated 1996), blurry on right third of the screen
* Old room furnishings
* No iron or ironing board in room
* Dirty windows (handprints, etc)
* Horrible & skimpy complimentary breakfast: not-functioning-properly Belgian waffle maker, weak coffee & small styrofoam cups, small plain bagels, small muffins, instant oatmeal (which you are to microwave in small styrofoam bowls), no nearby trash cans, the only fruit was apples, no newspaper, unmarked beverages in pitchers I believe were milk, apple & orange juice, three kinds of cheap bulk, sweet cereals and toast.

SUMMARY

I chose this hotel because it was late at night, it was conveniently located off the highway, and it was only $55 for the night. At check-in, I asked the front desk clerk if I could get "trip reward points" added to my Wyndham valued customer card. She said yes, but asked me to have the morning desk clerk to do it when I was checking out.
The morning desk clerk told me he wouldn't give me the points for my stay because I had booked my room online without going to Super 8's website. No biggy.
What was a biggy was the unsanitary condition of my room, as you can see from the list above. I even found a tube of body gel on the floor, left by a previous occupant.
And the bulky TV was a joke! The right third of the screen was blurry and the other two-thirds weren't anything to write home about. I checked the date on the back and it read "February 1996". Unbelievable that the hotel is using TVs that are 15 yrs old! It kind of tells you a lot about the rest of the room too.
I was grossed out with the bathroom, and the few cheap towels were worn to almost the bare fiber... and felt like it!
The best thing I can report is that the bed was quite firm and comfortable, so I did end up getting a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: There are a cluster of budget hotels at this exit, all right next to the Super 8, including a Comfor...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We only stayed for 1 night so it met our needs, however my husband accidentally left is cell phone. We were on the road for 1 1/2 hours when he realized it. We called the hotel and the desk clerk told us they would send it out on Monday when the manager was back. They were going to send it COD. Received the phone today and the battery was missing, after I paid for it. My husband called the hotel and they accused him of having a phone without a battery (because that makes so much sense). I told them I was putting a stop payment on the check. If I can't get the phone back in the condition it was left in, then they aren't getting their money. They told him that they would check with the room cleaner and call him back, as if they will admit to it. 3rd floor smelled like urine and other people were complaining about it as well! Signs up said they were remodeling, however, I didn't see it...

The sign on the desk also says: "All pets must be declawed, no cats." hmmmm....

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2011

older hotel. freindly staff .was ok. room felt clean. only gripe blanket and cover had cig burn holes.

Room Tip: not bad good value
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I understand you get what you pay for, but this place is a dump and not worth for even the low price, the managers/owners are very rude and unpleasant to deal with. I would rather sleep in my car then stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2011

The hotel was pretty nice. The woman at the front desk was pretty helpful. I brought my dogs along and they charged $10 per dog/per night. If they didn't have that fee I would have given them 4 stars. The room was larger than most rooms for the price and had a fridge. It was quiet.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I came for my boy soccer tounament the motel is book up but i don't here any noise that was great
very nice clean romm comfort bed all resturant and i maxx is near by that is great, ilove this place
i gonna stay her again again, staff is very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family