“bad business practices!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Muskegon, Michigan
“bad business practices!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I did not stay at this hotel ... because ... they were closed for renovations when I was supposed to be here. That would be understandable, but here's the problem--there were a block of rooms reserved for a wedding which I was attending. The block of rooms had been arranged for MONTHS before. When I called to make my reservation, I was told "We aren't open then--our hotel is being renovated." I knew that other families involved in the wedding had already made their reservations and THEY HAD NOT BEEN NOTIFIED that the hotel would now be closed! Nor had the bride or groom been notified to make other arrangements! I tried to make my reservations about 1 month prior to the wedding. I immediately contacted the groom. He and his fiancee went to visit the property and, indeed, the hotel was closed. Mattresses were stacked up in the lobby. They had to quickly make alternate arrangements at the Hampton Inn (north Evansville by the airport--great hotel!) and contact everyone traveling to the wedding of the change. There were attendees spanning from the east to the west coast and from Michigan to Florida. This could have potentially made for a miserable experience for dozens of people and have been a real downer for the bride and groom. I am SO disappointed with this Holiday Inn Express. I hope they seek to improve their business practices.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Kris P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Evansville Holiday Inn Express (North) is right off the interstate.
There seems to be several Holiday Inn properties in Evansville.
So make sure you are at the right one.
This is a older property mixed in with serval others of different brands right off the highway.
The rate fits the property,
That's not a bad thing.
Some of the reviews seem to be unfair.
This place is less expensive then the other IHG properties in town so you are getting what you pay for.
Leaving late I actually met the NEW owner and I look forward to some of the changes they are going to make.
You don't always have to be the newest in town to earn business, they seem to understand that and making up for it with friendly staff.
I am looking forward to the changes myself but please give the new owners a chance.
It was ok for a over night stay while in the area.
The staff was nice and everything was clean.
Good luck.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Travel46804
Sarah K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. We are excited about the changes to come with the new ownership, we are definitely moving forward on improvements.
Thank you again for your review and look forward to seeing you again and for you to return and see the wonderful changes that the new owners will be doing.
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful enough. Hotel is nothing to rave about. I might have expected more from a H.I. Express. Room was clean enough, but the hallways looked a little on the dirty side. It's an OK place to get a nights rest, and access to I-64 is easy. I'd probably look for something else next time in Evansville, however.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wgf1234
Soquel, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I'm going to echo my Yelp review:
For a Holiday Inn, I would've expected better.
The bedding was clean, but the pillows should have been thrown out years ago (lumpy is the only word I can use to describe it).
For someone that is 6' tall, I understand that the shower head might be a little shorter than I need, but it's a little ridiculous when the water is coming out below my chin.
We tried using the in-room heater, but it's as loud as a lawn mower (and smelled like something was burning).
The walls were thin enough for us to hear the conversation of the people in the next room. It was also thin enough for us to hear the metal clanging within the walls as well.
The breakfast was pitiful, but I'm not sure why I've been expecting anything more at budget hotels lately. The eggs were somehow goopy but also overcooked. The sausage left an oily coating on the inside of your mouth. The only upside is that you wouldn't have noticed these things because you had to wait 20min for each one to be brought out separately. I feel bad for the guy running the kitchen because the two people working the front desk were just talking in the front office while he did his best to get the breakfast out.

Just spend the extra $15/night for something that won't make you cranky in the morning. It's just not worth it.

Also, the gym has two old treadmills and an old elliptical.
The pool had water in it and looked clean. The hot tub did not have water in it, but somehow managed to grow a nice film of algae to cover the bottom.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are musty and need a deep cleaning. Just don't go here.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Robert S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Robert S,

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Evansville hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Besides being located in a very convenient location for my stay, this hotel hasn't really been an enjoyable stay.

I'm typically not one to complain, but I feel that peow should be aware of the quality of the goods/services they are purchasing when they pay for a room here.

1). About 50% of my showers have been cold. I work in the oil and gas industry, so I need to shower upwards of twice a day on occasion.

2). The front desk lost my truck keys. I alternate shifts with my coworkers and we always leave our keys at the front desk in an attempt not to wake each other up when going to the rig. After two years of giving our keys to the front desk, this is the first time anyone has lost our keys. When I asked the attendant for them, she looked for a few seconds and said she didn't know where they were. She acted like she didn't care and that she didn't have to look for
them.

Everything else has been fine. The cleaning staff is thorough and friendly, and they leave nice notes and chocolates for the guests each time the room is cleaned.

If you like hot showers, don't stay here.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Chrismorris009
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Chrismorris009,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that you found our cleaning staff friendly and their service exceeded your expectations. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Lombard, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The check is was very good. But it appeared later that her family was in the pool and that they were all gathered in her office.
The exercise room was very good. Broken equipment. And then if you wanted to use it you need a key to operate the machine. You just couldn't use your room key...?
Then to top it off the hot tub was out of order.
The next morning Brreakfast was late and I didn't receive a USA today paper either.

Room Tip: The room was $89.00 a night. I thought it was still a good value. But I did not return there the n...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear baz197777,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I am pleased you liked your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the facilities at our hotel. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I read the previous reviews and thought maybe things had changed since holiday inn shows that they respond to these reviews but don't be fooled, it should not carry the Holiday Inn name. When we come back next year, it will NOT be an option. The floor of our bathroom, room 201, was not clean nor the bed skirt of one of our beds. ( the bed closest to the bathroom). It had been dirty for a while with something sticky and over time things have accumulated on the skirt. I shook it off as much as possible but it should be checked by the staff if these are really read.
On a positive note, the staff was good and so was the breakfast. And there were chocolate kisses on our night stand with a sweet note from the one who cleaned before we got there.
Holiday Inn, please take note, there is a reason why these comments are so negative.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Lazybu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am happy to know that the breakfast served suited your liking and the service received was up to par. Please accept my apologies though if the condition of the room was less than satisfactory. Rest assured, we will use your feedback for upgrades needed.

Again, thanks for your review and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evansville
Baymont Inn & Suites Evansville North/Haubstadt
Quality Inn East
Quality Inn East
#21 of 35 in Evansville
4.0 of 5 stars 54 reviews

Been to Red Roof Inn Evansville? Share your experiences!