I did not stay at this hotel ... because ... they were closed for renovations when I was supposed to be here. That would be understandable, but here's the problem--there were a block of rooms reserved for a wedding which I was attending. The block of rooms had been arranged for MONTHS before. When I called to make my reservation, I was told "We aren't open then--our hotel is being renovated." I knew that other families involved in the wedding had already made their reservations and THEY HAD NOT BEEN NOTIFIED that the hotel would now be closed! Nor had the bride or groom been notified to make other arrangements! I tried to make my reservations about 1 month prior to the wedding. I immediately contacted the groom. He and his fiancee went to visit the property and, indeed, the hotel was closed. Mattresses were stacked up in the lobby. They had to quickly make alternate arrangements at the Hampton Inn (north Evansville by the airport--great hotel!) and contact everyone traveling to the wedding of the change. There were attendees spanning from the east to the west coast and from Michigan to Florida. This could have potentially made for a miserable experience for dozens of people and have been a real downer for the bride and groom. I am SO disappointed with this Holiday Inn Express. I hope they seek to improve their business practices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This non-smoking Red Roof Inn Evansville is situated at the intersection of U.S. 41 and I-64. We are conveniently located near Cambridge Golf & Country Club, Vanderburgh County 4-H Fairgrounds, Toyota Manufacturing Corp., Vincennes University Extension, and Evansville Regional Airport. There are several restaurants within walking distance. The Eastland Mall is a 20 minute drive from this hotel and the Tropicana Casino is located about 20 miles in downtown Evansville. Our banquet/meeting room can accommodate up to 40 people. Red Roof Inn Evansville is 100% non-smoking and offers a meeting room that can accommodate up to 40 people, free hot breakfast available from 6:00 am to 9:00 am (includes sausage, fresh eggs, cinnamon rolls, cereal, bagels & cream cheese, bread, orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, coffee, tea, and milk), and a business center. All rooms include free WiFi, flat screen TV, hairdryer, iron & ironing board. Some rooms offer in-room coffee, microwave & refrigerator. One well behaved family pet per room (only one pet allowed per room). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Red Roof Inn, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn Evansville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (i-64 And Us 41)
- Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (i-64 & Us 41) Hotel Evansville
- Holiday Inn Evansville
- Evansville Holiday Inn