I did not stay at this hotel ... because ... they were closed for renovations when I was supposed to be here. That would be understandable, but here's the problem--there were a block of rooms reserved for a wedding which I was attending. The block of rooms had been arranged for MONTHS before. When I called to make my reservation, I was told "We aren't open then--our hotel is being renovated." I knew that other families involved in the wedding had already made their reservations and THEY HAD NOT BEEN NOTIFIED that the hotel would now be closed! Nor had the bride or groom been notified to make other arrangements! I tried to make my reservations about 1 month prior to the wedding. I immediately contacted the groom. He and his fiancee went to visit the property and, indeed, the hotel was closed. Mattresses were stacked up in the lobby. They had to quickly make alternate arrangements at the Hampton Inn (north Evansville by the airport--great hotel!) and contact everyone traveling to the wedding of the change. There were attendees spanning from the east to the west coast and from Michigan to Florida. This could have potentially made for a miserable experience for dozens of people and have been a real downer for the bride and groom. I am SO disappointed with this Holiday Inn Express. I hope they seek to improve their business practices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the NEW Red Roof Inn & Suites Evansville North. Our hotel was renovated in 2015 to include several new guest rooms to fit your budget. Evansville is a vibrant, energetic city in Southern Indiana where the sky, literally, is the only limit. It is a dynamic city that boasts fresh air and the friendliest people you'll ever find. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure there is plenty to keep you entertained during your time here. Only a short 10-15 minute drive to Downtown Evansville and close to numerous local attractions, shops and entertainment venues. Keep up-to-date thanks to free WiFi, swim with the kids in the indoor pool or work out in the fitness room. Visit other places such as the Eastland Mall and the Ford Center. Make it a working vacation and bring the family to enjoy a memorable experience with us! Don't forget to Stay Smart and Eat Smart with our complimentary hot breakfast and enjoy a robust cup off coffee anytime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Red Roof Inn, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Red Roof Inn Evansville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (i-64 And Us 41)
- Holiday Inn Express Evansville North (i-64 & Us 41) Hotel Evansville
- Holiday Inn Evansville
- Evansville Holiday Inn